Welcome to Gaia! ::

Widow

Dangerous Wife

Ridley Starsmore
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That being said, honestly, I'd feel better about the site ditching the 18 and under crowd than the older folks, unless there is parental permission and an IQ test. stare
ah sorry to repeat a topic probably as old as the site itself sweatdrop
tried to make it less repeaty. but idk sorry gonk

I'm all for the IQ test.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Vitalli
candy, skanky costumes and booze emotion_dowant

Sometimes floppy silicone toys too. emotion_awesome

Ridley: To be honest the whole IQ test thing is pretty silly. How much do you really want to be on a site that makes you take an IQ test before you can enter?
Also Gaia is still a free site liek AMURRICA.

Angelic Nitemare

Sinsario
Vitalli

Ridley: To be honest the whole IQ test thing is pretty silly. How much do you really want to be on a site that makes you take an IQ test before you can enter?

SO GODDAMN MUCH IT HURTS.

Like so many things, it becomes more entertaining when you weed out the drain bammaged and chemically altered.

Tipsy Reindeer

I've always considered gaia as a site for older teens, and older teens are usually far from being "kids". So I've never felt the need to leave from being "too old", and I've never been told that I should leave because of my age. Not that I ever feel too old for anything anyway. I still dress up for halloween, I still get easter goodies from my mother on easter, I still play games like pokemon, etc. The way I see it, you're never too old for anything if it makes you happy.

Besides, a lot of the younger group on here have their parents on here as well so they can play together. There's nothing wrong with that.

Widow

Dangerous Wife

Jayce Reinhardt
Vitalli
___chiiedord
Lol @ the people not even reading what you wrote, but trying to act all smart anyway lol

You should have asked that person if they were a little too old to be hung up over freaking age. 21 being too old for anything is kind of ridiculous. Like, do they really expect kids to have that kind of $$$ to keep up with all the cash items on this site anymore?
lol right? lol
yeah, i mean me and my bf even get s**t from my motherinlaw, saying we're "too old" to play games.
b***h please talk2hand i do what i want.
yeah i mean, pretty sure all the older users with jobs, are the reason gaia is still afloat. XD

Even older folk have free time. What did that kid think was having a life anyway? using carrier pigeons as a form of communication?
guess so lol
I think it is such a stupid way of thinking, to just automatically assume, just because a user is older, and on this site means that they have no life. emotion_eyebrow
I work two jobs, have a boyfriend, and go out in the scary real world.

Widow

Dangerous Wife

Sinsario
Vitalli

cat_rofl

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ridley Starsmore

Like so many things, it becomes more entertaining when you weed out the drain bammaged and chemically altered.

Uh-huh. Put it into effect.
Make a guild that can be only jpoined via IQ test.

See how many people will
1) Do it
2) Pass
3) Make the guild a good one.

Edit: Blaahh excuse my typing; using a keyboard that I'm not terribly used to.

Sparkly Fairy

Vitalli
Secksy Panda
talk2hand talk2hand

Born in '80, yup. Been here since 2004, yup.
I will keep coming here as long as it holds my interest or the world ends. Whichever comes first. xd
Thats how i feel. lol
I go on breaks from the site every once in awhile.
But havent quit 100% yet.
Yup i take breaks as well. Sometimes long breaks, but I'm still here.

Divine Muse

Vitalli
Jayce Reinhardt
Vitalli
___chiiedord
Lol @ the people not even reading what you wrote, but trying to act all smart anyway lol

You should have asked that person if they were a little too old to be hung up over freaking age. 21 being too old for anything is kind of ridiculous. Like, do they really expect kids to have that kind of $$$ to keep up with all the cash items on this site anymore?
lol right? lol
yeah, i mean me and my bf even get s**t from my motherinlaw, saying we're "too old" to play games.
b***h please talk2hand i do what i want.
yeah i mean, pretty sure all the older users with jobs, are the reason gaia is still afloat. XD

Even older folk have free time. What did that kid think was having a life anyway? using carrier pigeons as a form of communication?
guess so lol
I think it is such a stupid way of thinking, to just automatically assume, just because a user is older, and on this site means that they have no life. emotion_eyebrow
I work two jobs, have a boyfriend, and go out in the scary real world.

Sounds like you have what they call "a life"

As long as someone isn't breaking rules and being a jerk who cares what age someone is??

There are better things to do with ones time that be biased at someone for a stupid reason.

Angelic Nitemare

Sinsario
Ridley Starsmore

Uh-huh. Put it into effect.
Make a guild that can be only joined via IQ test.

See how many people will
1) Do it
2) Pass
3) Make the guild a good one.

Edit: Blaahh excuse my typing; using a keyboard that I'm not terribly used to.

Tried it, was pretty damn successful.

But it was a website OTHER than Gaia, so I suppose that doesn't count.

Anyway, maybe not an IQ test, but you know, a way to check if the user has the brain meats of a turnip before they get too far.

Something like the 2% rule. "You must be at least 2 percent smarter than the keyboard you are using to go in this site."

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ridley Starsmore

Anyway, maybe not an IQ test, but you know, a way to check if the user has the brain meats of a turnip before they get too far.

Something like the 2% rule. "You must be at least 2 percent smarter than the keyboard you are using to go in this site."

I guess not. Did it have people who you say are ... "less than intelligent", average, and above to take the test or such? O:

Shy Gaian

I'm singing
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't think this is a kids site at all, of course I use the site so why would I think that way.
I've heard of this quiet a few times though, and I'm getting tired of it. The people who work for Gaia are all adults, and this is no where near a childs site. The topics, users, items, and comics are all related to adult humor.

I've been here since 'o7, and I'm 19 years old. I keep coming back because of mature the site usually is. If this was a child's site, I probably only be here for my avatar.

It would be a different story if most of the userbase was below.......let's say 16. There is a wide variety of age, so I don't understand how people come up with this being a childrens site.

////rant

My blues

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gaia is like a mall.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Also, old people come here for the AC in the summer.

Gaia is a good watering hole of wasted time for adults and teens of all ages!

It's like the Wal-Mart of the Internet forums!

Angelic Nitemare

Sinsario
Ridley Starsmore

I guess not. Did it have people who you say are ... "less than intelligent", average, and above to take the test or such? O:

Actually, it was a set of instructions. If it was followed, you could join, if not, then you'd never know you failed it. And the test was pretty self explanatory. First instruction was "Read the whole questionnaire before answering." Each question had a submit button and would close the question after hitting it, with the last question instructing you to leave the others blank, and just hit that one submit button.

It was a test to see if the user could follow simple instructions. Answer any of the questions and you fail the test. You'd get a screen telling you your test would be evaluated, and returned to the login screen.

The site is down now (Due to lack of my own interest. I have attention span issues.).

Aged Fatcat

I'm 20, and while that's not TOO too bad, I still get some nasty looks when I tell people IRL about Gaia.

I don't see why people get their panties all twisted about it, really. Age is just a number. The term "adult" is subjective. Every person's maturity level is different, you know? :/

I don't see Gaia as a kids site, but I also think most of that opinion comes from where you spend most of your time on Gaia.

If you spend your time in the Anime forum, for instance (I'm JUST using an example) then yeah. Probably, you're going to see a lot of 13-14 year olds in there raving over Naruto and Death Note. But if you spend your time in the GCD... Well, I don't see too many 13-14 year olds here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff