Welcome to Gaia! ::

Slumbering Tengu

I bought this dress because the EI I owned updated
I wanted something to go along with so I bought it
Sure cash shop items get most of the love
but that's not to say gold shop items are never worn

I can honestly say that 70% of my inventory is gold shop items
There are just some staples you can't get from the cash shop
In fact I wish I had a more disposable gold supply that I could spend more in places like DC

Tiny Inquisitor

Hi I'm Jeff and I am a Serial Gold Shop Raider.

I will go into gold shops and just... buy random items to add to outfits. If it's under 15k I will buy it. I will buy multiple versions of the same item (I have maybe 3 different versions of 10 different items). Just because something is farted out of a RIG or evolved out of an R/EI doesn't mean that it will make the whole item.

You can have one or more items that are the star of the show, but having cheap and affordable accessories available at Barton Boutique or Global Imports can really add that je ne sais quoi.

Just because it can be purchased with gold does not mean that it's an inferior item compared to everything else. emotion_kirakira

PLUS you never have to worry about the gold shop items' prices fluctuating, or ever running out.

Shy Warrior

User Image
I like using the gold shops. Most of my avatar's jewellery/accessories come from the gold shops. I pray every goldshop update will be small little things I can use. That's why I get excited about it (unless I know it's a Cross Stitch one, cause then it's no chance I'll get jewellery).

Gold shops often add that little extra. And sometimes people like simple things. Not everyone likes big colourful clothing and wigs.

And how would like entice new members if they took away gold shops?

Alot of this thread has made me a mixture of sad and really angry ;;.

Friendly Fairy

23,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I own just about everything from the gold shops (yep, hoarder alert!) and I wear gs items on a regular basis. I like to mix and match.

The loyalty shop was never really meant to be a goldsink, so I doubt it will have much of an impact. I'll definitely be buying from it though.
As of late, no. Their shop updates have not been to my liking. But that does not mean to me that they are meaningless all together. They still hold potential. I would be very pleased if they went back to releasing bigger gold shop updates.

I do still purchase clothing from these shops. As a matter of fact I have done so just a little while ago, and spent approximately 100k. As far as the loyalty shops go; I doubt I will be buying anything from there. Mainly because I have a strong feeling that the items will be far above my price range. I would agree, for the most part, that cash shop items are in better quality. That is a given though and I would not expect any different, albeit it would be nice if they were made equal, it just won't happen.

Merry Traveler

I use gold shop item somtimes; it's about what works in the avi i am making. sure cs has more selection and variety, but after all those flashy item, it will be a waste to cover up good looking shirt under vest and belt,etc. why not use gold shop if all you need is base that will end up layered up?

i actually like gold shop item because it's plain. So after all the noisy cs item, gs item give more empty space to balance it up. there is also lot of little trinket in there like hair pin,shoes,stocking,jewelries. that's what i often

And at times, nothing in cs works, only this one item from gold shop works! i do have case like that.

I am using it right now mixed with cs item, I need that accessory to make this outfit. why buy more expensive stuff when cheap stuff works the same? This is true with jewellery. Though I wish they will update it with more better and higher priced jewelries in gold shop.

Wealthy Hoarder

I like gold shops myself. I have a bunch of common items that I can use. I will brake some out for the holidays.

Right now I don't care for the updates at present.

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Soluna Starwards
Pen 7
NGC 6357
why put effort in a feature that doesn't make a profit?
who buys cash for gold shops anyway

I don't expect loyalty shop to be anything good
I wonder this, myself? gold shops don't benefit gaia in any way at all, financially. I don't understand why they're still being updated, and new gold shops are even being made, at this point. A lot of the items in there suck anyway, and time spent making all those gold shop items could be time spent for the artists to work on cash items, so that gaia can make money. Isn't that what they want? And isn't what gaians want better items?

The gold shops aren't benefiting anyone

emotion_donotwant this whole post omg emotion_donotwant

what is this trhead

Seriously, I know! Like, um, I don't know what planet you live on but the Gold Shops are still plenty useful. They provide simple, staple items for even the richest of users. As for those who don't have as much gold, obviously they're useful. Shutting them down would be the most ridiculous thing ever. At that point Gaia may as well be "pay to play" because by removing them they would break the fundamental element of dressing up your avatar. Doing that would really shoot them in the foot.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
i actually shop in the gold shop emo

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I still buy GS items. Only problem is I'm too lazy to change my avatar. I've had her in this attire for more than 3 months now.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I shop at the GS,
I shop at the CS
I also shop at CV

CV and CS are better than GS imo, but cash items can't cover everything. Plus since Gaia is a F2P site it would be beyond stupid for them to kill the GS.

Despite all this Cash-doom bullshit you've been pushing; it is possible to like gold items AND cash items simultaneously

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Soluna Starwards
Pen 7
NGC 6357
why put effort in a feature that doesn't make a profit?
who buys cash for gold shops anyway

I don't expect loyalty shop to be anything good
I wonder this, myself? gold shops don't benefit gaia in any way at all, financially. I don't understand why they're still being updated, and new gold shops are even being made, at this point. A lot of the items in there suck anyway, and time spent making all those gold shop items could be time spent for the artists to work on cash items, so that gaia can make money. Isn't that what they want? And isn't what gaians want better items?

The gold shops aren't benefiting anyone

emotion_donotwant this whole post omg emotion_donotwant

what is this trhead
It wouldn't be a normal week on Gaia without Pen's "Gaia hates non-spenders" threads rofl

Lonely Lunatic

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think the newer GS items are generally much better than the insanely priced older items. I generally cobble together crap outfits from the crap I've got randomly hoarded, but I'm unable to make a single outfit using only the cash or chance items. I love the gold shops, and they're got some awesome things (cough hats cough).

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Half of my info is from gold shops lol I like mixing gold shop items with cash shop items. Sometime gold shop items have something that cash shops don't have. Visa versa.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Gold shop items make really good accessory pieces. I use them on nearly every avatar I make.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff