Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Loiterer

wears them? I see so many people wanting gold sinks and updates to the gold shops, but why? Do people even wear the gold shop items? Why would they, when the items that come out of the cash shop are without a doubt, undeniably better in every sense of the word? And I know gaians like better, because I know gaians know that Gaians like better, and that;s why the better shops, LV and CV get updated more with better looking items , and more poses, and all around things that people want.
So discuss:
so you shop the gold shops?
will you start, once if the Loyalty shop comes out, with recolors of popular items for gold?
Do you think the loyalty shop will make any significant difference as a gold sink?
Cash shop items are undeniably better than the gold shop items?

Fluffy Treat

i get almost all my stuff out of the MP. Only rarely is there something in gold shops i can use. I am waiting to see what appears in the "loyalty" shop, but not expecting much.

Saint

why put effort in a feature that doesn't make a profit?
who buys cash for gold shops anyway

I don't expect loyalty shop to be anything good

Mysterious Trickster

I shop in the gold shops. It's just there are items I like, but not in colors I would use. If the artists who did the gold shop updates did more colors, I would be more inclined to purchase more from the gold shops.

::shows off the Halloween bag she bought in Cross Stitch:: I love this ******** bag so much! I want a irl one.

Dead Hellraiser

:/ Lots of people still use the gold shops. Might be the forums you use, but I see lots of people wear them.

I just bought almost all of the CrosStitch items, and on top of that, spent another 300k on other gold shop items for a mule, and that was just these past couple of days.

For the loyalty shop, it'll depend if I like the items or not.

I disagree about cash shop items being undeniably better than gold shop items, as there's some damn fine gold shop items with awesome layering.

Magical Girl

uh, I don't think updates to the gold shop are meaningless. What about the people who can't afford all these fancy GC items on the marketplace?

Right now I'm wearing a gold shop jacket, but before this avatar I was wearing a majority of gold shop items because it was cheaper and honestly a nicer outfit than if I spent 3million on all the teal items out there to make a outfit I would wear for two days.

If the Loyalty shop comes out, yeah I would buy form it. Just like how I buy from the gold shops as I do now. Obviously the gold shops are not going to be as nice or flashy as what you can buy with real money but that doesn't mean you should disregard them. Generally you use gold shop items to compliment a EI or RIG that you get.

Buggy Mage

I don't think they design the gold shop items with that much detail. That has a lot to do with why people opt for CI,REIs ect over GS. There are a good number of gold shop items that compliment better items but there are very few that can stand alone with today's cash items.

Edit: Also, an important thing to consider is Gold Sinks need updates in order to stay relevant.
Being surprised Gold Shops aren't functioning sufficiently as a gold sink would be like being surprised to see sales droped in the CS if they only updated it once a year.
If they want it to work they have to help gold shop keep pace with the Cash shop or else it will lose interest over time.

Questionable Mage

There are many useful items in the gold shops. Not as flashy as cs items, usually, but good basics.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gold shop items are important for people who can't afford fancy clothing found only in the cash shop/marketplace. Gold shop items are important for stuff that people will want to use, but aren't fancy enough for the cash shop. Gold shop items are useful for a larger selection of items that would cater to a smaller number of individuals, and so may not be profitable in the cash shop. Gold shop items are notably stable and permanent, meaning that you don't need to worry about a selection of items suddenly vanishing from availability.

And I don't think that gold shop items aren't worth it. Most cash shop items tend to have a distinct style that you only get with other cash shop items, but you can put together entirely functional avatars with just gold shop material. Someone may not like them because they don't have pets or animated wings or I Am poses, but that doesn't mean that outfits using them are bad or even poor-looking.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

gold shops needs more body hair ;n; I'd shop there more if that was the case.

Still, I've got my rad elven ears and indispensable cowboy scruff <3 <3

Devoted Loiterer

NGC 6357

I wonder this, myself? gold shops don't benefit gaia in any way at all, financially. I don't understand why they're still being updated, and new gold shops are even being made, at this point. A lot of the items in there suck anyway, and time spent making all those gold shop items could be time spent for the artists to work on cash items, so that gaia can make money. Isn't that what they want? And isn't what gaians want better items?

The gold shops aren't benefiting anyone

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
I wear them, "better" is subjective

"more pricey", "richer looking", "accessorized to bejesus" sure

Devoted Loiterer

Queen Ichi
uh, I don't think updates to the gold shop are meaningless. What about the people who can't afford all these fancy GC items on the marketplace?

Right now I'm wearing a gold shop jacket, but before this avatar I was wearing a majority of gold shop items because it was cheaper and honestly a nicer outfit than if I spent 3million on all the teal items out there to make a outfit I would wear for two days.

If the Loyalty shop comes out, yeah I would buy form it. Just like how I buy from the gold shops as I do now. Obviously the gold shops are not going to be as nice or flashy as what you can buy with real money but that doesn't mean you should disregard them. Generally you use gold shop items to compliment a EI or RIG that you get.
why should gaia care about people who can't afford cash shop items, whether directly or indirectly through the MP? If they can't support the site, and buy cash shop items out of the cash shop or through the PM which is glaringly obvious that's what gaia wants, since no matter what, cash items are still being sold in some way, then why should they update the gold shops which have 0 profit for them? People who buy from the gold shops might as well just gtfo off the site, because they, as well as the gold shops, are meaningless when it comes to profits. Detrimental, even

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Pen 7
NGC 6357

I wonder this, myself? gold shops don't benefit gaia in any way at all, financially. I don't understand why they're still being updated, and new gold shops are even being made, at this point. A lot of the items in there suck anyway, and time spent making all those gold shop items could be time spent for the artists to work on cash items, so that gaia can make money. Isn't that what they want? And isn't what gaians want better items?

Gold shops benefit non-cash spending users.
More users (and better quality users) benefit everyone, including cash spending users.
Cash spending users benefits Gaia.

Gaia isn't going to mean anything if it's just a few select people with money to burn, because there are ultimately other places they could spend their money. They spend the most money when there is an active and lively community to interact with - and to provide that, there needs to be something that non-cash spenders can do.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
Pen 7
NGC 6357

emotion_donotwant this whole post omg emotion_donotwant

what is this trhead

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out