Welcome to Gaia! ::

Irregular Trash

19,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
___________User Image___________
ѕσ, ι'м ωяιтιиg тнє fυтυяє; ι'м ℓєανιиg α кєу нєяє...

I joined back when I was 13, and I'm 22 now. So, I guess I kind of grew up with the site. I'm suffering along with the site as it is now because it was a big part of me learning to play on the internet; it was one of the first sites I was allowed to make an account for (the first being the official forum site for the Pendragon books oh man my life lol). I developed a lot of my writing skills and art abilities here, that I probably wouldn't have honed if I didn't use the site. I'm kind of attached to it.

It seems like there's a good chunk of users who are in their 20s or older, so it's always really comforting to think of that when I have moments like 'wow I'm an adult and I still enjoy all these 'childish' things'. Occasionally I do need reminding that being an adult doesn't mean throwing all that stuff you liked as a kid or teen out, it's more like you become more aware of what you do and don't enjoy as an adult.

ѕσмєтнιиg ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ вє мιѕѕιиg, уσυ ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ fєєℓ ємρтιєя...
________ ѕσмєтнιиg ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ вє мιѕѕιиg, уσυ ωσи'т αℓωαуѕ fєєℓ ємρтιєя... ________
User Image

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I joined Gaia-- over a decade ago--right before I turned 22. And I am far from the oldest Gaian on here. There are plenty of us in our 30s, 40s, and 50s still kicking around.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I was 22 when I joined and in college full time. I'm 27 now and done with college. zOMG! is one of the few places I found that I feel comfortable around and met a lot of fellow college students in that game. It's just a game you never feel too old to play and I have friends in their 40s and 50s that play the game too. Plus it's always fun to say "aww you are 13 years old, a baby Gaian cutiepie" when in a crew with someone that young. I heard 80 year olds play zOMG! before from friends, so that is always cool. I enjoy playing blackjack a bit too.

Snowpaya's Waifu

Princess Kitten

I joined this site when I was 17.
I'm 24 now and I'm pretty much still active on this site everyday.

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

Hmmm, I joined in '04, when I was 17. I'm 28 now and still here. I've come to the realization that even though I don't like some of the things Gaia has done as a company, I don't want to start all over somewhere else as a newbie and broke. Add that to the fact that being on Gaia helped me get through some pretty dark points in my life....I'll probably never leave.

User Image

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Pirate Dirge
I joined Gaia-- over a decade ago--right before I turned 22. And I am far from the oldest Gaian on here. There are plenty of us in our 30s, 40s, and 50s still kicking around.

User Image

emotion_kirakira Dirge!!!

LOL it's funny that there are guilds on Gaia I want to be in and I can't cuz I haven't hit 30 yet!

User Image

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Joined when I was 14. I did try Tentcl, the adult site to this site and honestly, wasn't impressed. So I'll stick to the kiddie site.

Wheezing Fatcat

I'm 25 now, joined 10 years ago.
I was inactive for the last few years
but now I'm back. I think the most
shocking change for me was that
damn inflation haha. I remember
when having 100,000 gold meant
you were rich.

Angelic Nitemare

Hello, I am old bunny.

Look at grey hare.

LOOK.

Sugary Shapeshifter

I've been playing since I was around fourteen or fifteen and I'm now twenty-four.
I'm not as active here now because I have responsibilities in the real world, but I'm still around when I have the time to spare.
I've tried Tentacl, and the only part of it that interested me was the Unravel function.
Otherwise it's pretty dull and flashy in my honest opinion.
I have a lot of memories here, have made a lot of friends, and I don't see anything wrong with sticking around as an adult.
Yeah, it's changed a lot- and not necessarily for the better as far as it's user base is concerned, but that doesn't mean I'm going to jump ship now. I've been around far too long for that, and if this site ever tanks someday I'll be here to see it happen.

Tiny Cat

I joined Gaia at the age of 12 (breakin' the law, breakin' the law) when my friend and I first got into anime. She asked me to join a site that was "like Neopets except better" where you could dress up a little pixel doll and talk about Inuyasha with strangers. I met a lot of people I'm still in contact with, and I was inspired to learn how to draw by a user on this site!

Gaia ended up being a crutch for me, so even though I stopped playing hardcore in 2008... I still come back every couple of months. Usually when I'm depressed or need art inspiration.

As an aside: It's super funny to me that so many older users are all like "the userbase has gone to s**t," because I remember when I was in my early teens in the GD and all the crabby adults absolutely despised me and my friends. It's almost like... y'all grew up... I definitely don't care about picdrops or about getting attention by being an a*****e, so I promise I'm not saying the userbase isn't unpleasant. I'm just saying that it hasn't gone to s**t... your perspective is just different now.
4laugh

Ain't growin' up a blast?

Tipsy Lunatic

I was 17 when I first joined Gaia and i'm 27 now.

I have to admit it's not as wonderful as it was back when I was in high school, but I still like it enough to keep it up. Sort of.

The recent inflation has really put a spear in in my already deflating interest, but fatally I guess since I'm still here.

Fuzzy Star

Joined this site when I was 16, now I'm turning 24 this October.

ShuuAgi's Wife

Joined in 06, and I'm 23 now... rofl I agree with the 'it's less fun' sentiment. I mostly lurk and check the new things that come out. I've been less and less interested in even doing that now, though. I don't think sentimental value is going to be able to keep me on there much longer xp

Obsessive Otaku

28,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items