Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Citizen

I'm sure these guys are seriously overworked, having to create new items and recolor old ones literally every day. My feels to them. We can't lighten their workload, but should we be doing something, aside from buying and wearing the items they work on, to show our appreciation for all they do? Should there be some kind of Gaia artist appreciation event on a regular basis, or something?
How do you think artists feel about their items and inflation? Glad that the items they labor on are so sought after and expensive, or sad that not everyone can buy what their items and appreciate it, after they worked on it?
Who's your favorite artist?

Fuzzy Explorer

...isn't thanking them good enough?

I mean I suppose you can go the extra mile and mail 'em something neato to Gaia HQ.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Some artists have hangout threads that they've made and you can find them if you dig around enough.

If you know the artist that made an item you really like, stop by one and leave them some words of appreciation and encouragement.
Ganbatte!

Dapper Citizen

Slick Spiderbro

I mean I suppose you can go the extra mile and mail 'em something neato to Gaia HQ.
I guess? Just doesn't feel like enough compared to all what they do, busting out items every day, rig art, event art, and all that jazz.

Fuzzy Explorer

Rose Blue Otaku
Slick Spiderbro

I guess? Just doesn't feel like enough compared to all what they do, busting out items every day, rig art, event art, and all that jazz.
well taking the time to pm them personally or sending a thank you card in the mail sounds more touching

unless you want to send them a fruit basket...?

Timid Loiterer

I really like the artist/s who keeps making Kpop/Jpop references. I must find them and give them a big hug. emotion_dowant

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Already on my way of (hopefully) trying to do something as thanks

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Hmmm... make a thread to thank them? Make a fan thread dedicated to them? yum_puddi Idk, lots of possibilities. You could even gift them. They have to buy their own stuff with gold/cash too, so buying them an item is like in essence paying them for their hard work or something.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'd think buying their items was a good enough thank you. :3

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sponsor them to draw their favorite fandoms / personal projects

You could make a fanthread that had a monthly featured artist, showing their portfolios, items that they had made, minicomics, ...

Dapper Rabbit

Rose Blue Otaku

threads like this are a nice way, imo! since some artists are lurkers like me, haha.

i know it can be a little difficult to figure out who the artists are/what we make, but we actually had a thread in the use ball a couple weeks back so you can find some people that way! :3 not everyone on the team likes to get PMed about work, but quite a few of us (myself included) keep journals with lists of items we've made!

Lonely Fashionista

18,750 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Timid 100
low-TENSION
I really like the artist/s who keeps making Kpop/Jpop references. I must find them and give them a big hug. emotion_dowant

Me too!

Tricky Cat

This is their job, they get paid for it.
They do it because they enjoy what they do.

I think if I was an artist the greatest compliment would be to see someone using my item.

Stellar Succubus

I appreciate their work by continuing to support the place that gives them some work.

I think all the Gaia Cash protesters forget that the items we can buy with Gaia Cash keep those artists working and creating, and supports them too! it's not an easy career to gain and remain employed in. ^^

It'd be awesome to have an artist themed chance item or event. In which each artist makes items themed around their style and the things that most inspire them! A mini CI where they get to make cute and fun items around their own likes and art influences!

IRL Noob

I'm with almostmaya, I think making threads like this are a really nice way to show your love for artists. ^u^ Yes, it's their job and they get paid for it, but art isn't like a factory job -- when you put forth ideas, and when you create, you are putting a piece of yourself out there for people to judge.

When I draw things for people, the best thing to get in return is a heart-felt thank-you or for them to put it in their sig. It's better than a tip. It shows me they appreciate not only my hard work, but my ideas, too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff