Welcome to Gaia! ::

7aliens's Husband

Anyone else been here long enough to remember when having 200,000 gold was considered being 'rich'? I recently logged back in and was shocked to see the inflation of gold on this site. You can hardly buy/sell anything decently anymore. burning_eyes
I've been off and on with this site and I do remember those days!! Its insane how much its inflated!

Smooth Operator

Yup. I have since moved on since reminiscing in this fashion does nothing

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Yup. I boggle sometimes how I bought Sainte Ciel: Agape for a mere 600k back in the day. I still habitually refer to millions/billions as "thousands."

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

palepine
Anyone else been here long enough to remember when having 200,000 gold was considered being 'rich'? I recently logged back in and was shocked to see the inflation of gold on this site. You can hardly buy/sell anything decently anymore. burning_eyes

I remember when 2,000 gold was fairly rich. That time is long gone, sadly, and there's not a lot you can do about it.

It's a hell of a lot easier to earn gold now though, so don't worry about it.

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
[nods] I remember it being a struggle to get enough gold to buy the simple items I wanted from the shops... and a few years later thinking that I was VASTLY over-paying for Al's white body dye (It was something like 800,000g-) and grumbling about how long raising that much had taken. Now I'm doing the same with something in the multi-Trillion range.

I *still* can't get over the idea that we even HAVE items priced in the Trillions-with-a-T.
The times... they have definitely changed. sweatdrop

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
I've been here long enough, to remember questing for gold shop items. lol
I remember when Fairy Wings came out and having to save up a bit for them; I think they were kind of the gateway to 100,000+ items..

Indulgent Waffles

ღღ Been here long enough to remember when 1mil+ was enough to bribe artists to draw you. whee

I agree, I remember questing for gold shop items as well, and being so happy when someone randomly gifts it to me.

Only the price tag has changed, and there are more ways to earn gold now than just bumping in the chatterbox and participating in giveaways. You still have to exert effort (or at least irl money) to get the shiny pixels... * 7 * ღღ
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I remember saving so hard for a Chuck scarf.

I got to 180,000 and then life got in the way and I stopped coming to the site for a while.

Now!? Farking hell.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Feline Bookworm

Hypocoristical
I've been here long enough, to remember questing for gold shop items. lol

This! Questing for 5k to get the Red Pimpin' Cane. cool

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I remember the time when there were only Donation Items to spend real money on and they'd go for 3k in the marketplace, which was actually hard to get. A lot has changed in 10 years.

clarion's King

Super Model

IIRC, DJs were around 250k at the end of 2003.

Perfect Saint

I put that around pre-2008-09. I actually had that much on me and I wouldn't have gotten that much if I didn't play zOMG. That game and BG did cause (now a minor) inflation and 200k fast became peanuts. In the next few years, I tried to maintain 2M just to feel better about myself. Come mid 2013...everything was thrown out the window. I started using more GC than gold because I just couldn't keep up.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

haven't been here long enough but i remember a year and someting back, being able to save up over 2mil to buy cutthroat chef was a really amazing thing i did o Ao

that, and my friend was yelling at me in 2010 for spending 3000 gold on the hermit cat

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff