Welcome to Gaia! ::

i wonder if it's somethin glike milions
its probally gonna take about 5 more hours
It's time based...

But you didn't hear that from me.
aw crying it's 10:30 pm here and a school night v_V if this was a friday or saterday i could stay up 5 hours but i can't tonight *sigh*

Shameless Consumer

Labtech676
It's time based...

I'm starting to beieve that theory myself. Somehow I don't think Gaians would donate at such a constant rate.
Labtech676
It's time based...

no way eek your jokeing right?
Shima Shinji
Labtech676
It's time based...

I'm starting to beieve that theory myself. Somehow I don't think Gaians would donate at such a constant rate.

Maybe not contstant, but yeah... Maybe. You never know :3

I still donated 300 gold biggrin

Shameless Consumer

Vahn Malice
Shima Shinji
Labtech676
It's time based...

Maybe not contstant, but yeah... Maybe. You never know :3

I still donated 300 gold biggrin

Maybe not constant, but it still doesn't seem to make a difference when someone donates 30k or 30g.
TriskDaemon
I've come up with the following theory, apologies if it had already been posted.

Now, early on, I realized that the increase in the meter, pixel-wise, was not in any way DIRECTLY related to the amounts donated. Instead, it was moving at a steady .05551-ish pixels every 30 seconds. From that, I calculated a table, showing it ending at 3AM. However, as I kept checking, the progress was always faster than my projection, increasing to a rate of .08-ish px/sec. The way I can account for this, and something that makes a lot of sense, is to envision a system where the amount donated increases not the progress in the bar, but the rate of progress in the bar. Therefore, everything you donate makes it move faster, but it doesn't directly affect the position. I could be wrong, but this idea correlates perfectly with what I observed, and with the behavior of the bar.

Explaining how I know it was a linear, time based progression: It was a linear equation. The progress was the SAME every thirty seconds. If you suggest that Gaians donate the same amount every thirty seconds, I'm going to call you a fool.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,i donk know either way...
Akinababy
TriskDaemon
I've come up with the following theory, apologies if it had already been posted.

Now, early on, I realized that the increase in the meter, pixel-wise, was not in any way DIRECTLY related to the amounts donated. Instead, it was moving at a steady .05551-ish pixels every 30 seconds. From that, I calculated a table, showing it ending at 3AM. However, as I kept checking, the progress was always faster than my projection, increasing to a rate of .08-ish px/sec. The way I can account for this, and something that makes a lot of sense, is to envision a system where the amount donated increases not the progress in the bar, but the rate of progress in the bar. Therefore, everything you donate makes it move faster, but it doesn't directly affect the position. I could be wrong, but this idea correlates perfectly with what I observed, and with the behavior of the bar.

Explaining how I know it was a linear, time based progression: It was a linear equation. The progress was the SAME every thirty seconds. If you suggest that Gaians donate the same amount every thirty seconds, I'm going to call you a fool.
Here's the thread that came from.
Akinababy
TriskDaemon

I think it's safe to say someone wants to study physics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff