Welcome to Gaia! ::

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
So according to one of my friends the owner of gaia has sold off gaia due to the inflation and the decrease of gaia cards being sold from the inflation. They heard because of this gaia might be no more this summer. Is there any proof to validate this?

EDIT:I'm actually being serious. I see the negative likes already. I am really going to be sad if gaia is going to be closing. I'm not trying to "troll" or start anything. I just want to know...

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tipsy Genius

Nope.
Gaia (the business, not the community) is benefiting from the inflation. They also recently hired (and re-hired) artists, so clearly they have some spare funds to invest in content.
And just for comparison, Neopets had a similar issue with their cash cards; they did stop selling them in certain locations, but their online sales more than made up for it. Same with Gaia--most of us buy GC via Paypal.

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
sterek
Nope.
Gaia (the business, not the community) is benefiting from the inflation. They also recently hired (and re-hired) artists, so clearly they have some spare funds to invest in content.
And just for comparison, Neopets had a similar issue with their cash cards; they did stop selling them in certain locations, but their online sales more than made up for it. Same with Gaia--most of us buy GC via Paypal.

Thank you. Ok glad to hear. I am going to go punch him in the face now for upsetting me LOL.
That makes alot of sense to me too.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

SageBunny

So, where are the cites?

I can't just randomly believe word of mouth unless there are references to show this has some validity to it

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Day7
SageBunny

So, where are the cites?

I can't just randomly believe word of mouth unless there are references to show this has some validity to it

I was asking for someone to validate it FOR me cause my friend just told me this. Hence why I am asking for proof. -.-
Someone answered for me.

Tipsy Genius

SageBunny
sterek
Nope.

Thank you. Ok glad to hear. I am going to go punch him in the face now for upsetting me LOL.

No problem! Make sure to punch him on my behalf too.
Just fyi, we get threads like this one pretty much every couple of days, so most users in the GCD are tired of clarifying the situation--hence the slow response and the negative vote(s). Nothing personal at all. c:

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I think Gaia stopped selling Gaia cards because the cost was not worth it (to have the company produce them) but then Gaia has the online and mobile methods.

As for whether or not Gaia Interactive sold its company nothing turned up when I did a search on Google.

Divine Muse

SageBunny
Day7
SageBunny

So, where are the cites?

I was asking for someone to validate it FOR me cause my friend just told me this. Hence why I am asking for proof. -.-
Someone answered for me.

No offense but since your friend is the one who made these claims, shouldn't THEY be the one proving it?

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
sterek
SageBunny
sterek
Nope.

No problem! Make sure to punch him on my behalf too.
Just fyi, we get threads like this one pretty much every couple of days, so most users in the GCD are tired of clarifying the situation--hence the slow response and the negative vote(s). Nothing personal at all. c:

Ahh I never venture in here. My apologies.
I probably should have search a bit...lol.
My bad. I wasn't trying to upset anyone Dx

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Jayce Reinhardt
SageBunny
Day7
SageBunny

So, where are the cites?

Someone answered for me.

No offense but since your friend is the one who made these claims, shouldn't THEY be the one proving it?

I'd rather here from the gaia community then from someone that dislike gaia from the inflation. I am sure his answer would have been bias or not accurate.
As much as I am grumpy at the economy I enjoy the community as a whole and would be sad to see it leave hence my concern.
I wasn't trying to upset everyone. My apologies.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

SageBunny

Hrm
Suppose I wasn't clear.. I was more saying "show me where your friend gave you proof this was happening beyond just them stating it has"

Married Bunny

24,400 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Day7
SageBunny

Hrm
Suppose I wasn't clear.. I was more saying "show me where your friend gave you proof this was happening beyond just them stating it has"

Omg they didn't...this is why I was asking the community -.-
I wanted to make sure it WASN'T just a rumor.
My goodness. I figured you guys would know more then him, considering his current stance on gaia.

Magnetic Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
I'll go ahead and be the a*****e who says anything is possible?

It doesn't seem too likely though, as they seem to have reached a new equilibrium with things (aka relentless push for direct cash sales versus the passive/aggressive push for new users via shared games with other sites) and other evidence that's been mentioned already.

I actually appreciate you bringing this up though, as so far I'd not seen evidence otherwise myself (such as re-hiring artists) to offset the serious doubts and concerns I'd been having up to this point.

Also have fun slugging that pal of yours.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

SageBunny

Omg they didn't...this is why I was asking the community -.-
I wanted to make sure it WASN'T just a rumor.
My goodness. I figured you guys would know more then him, considering his current stance on gaia.

oi
I was clarifying what I originally meant so you understood why I stated it, not being rude

relax lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces