Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smooth Gunner

11,950 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
While you'd think someone's happy about receiving a gift, you see them complaining afterwards.
Which leves you maybe a bit confused.

Okay, let's get a bit into details.

Giving a gift.
This could have several reasons:

- You love that person.
- That person impressed you because of some reasons.
- You want to Anon.
- You want to get rid of some junk.
- You just want to be a good person.

Receiving a gift can end up with various reactions, depending on what you get, and how you got it. Or from who, if not anoning.

So, now... do we have some rules for anoning/gifting?
Do we have rules on how to react for receiving a gift?
The answer on both is no.

There are no rules, but manners, which is common sense.

So, if you go out anoning small things and expect people to thank you... and get mad if they complain instead, you're doing it wrong. First of all (if we don't count the beggers here), if you anon, the person you give a gift, most likely didn't ask for it. You're giving it for whatever reasons.
If you just give out small, unwanted items without any given thoughts and efforts, don't expect much from it.

On the other hand, that anon didn't need to give you anything. But he/she did anyway.
Free gold, if you don't need the item.

So, GCD gaia_spoons

- Do you get mad over people complaining for getting 'junk'?
- Do you say always thanks for a gift, regardless of it's content?
- Do you anon only during events?
- Do you post in anon threads?
- Do you like Anons?
- Did you ever gift something without giving it much of a thought?

- Do you get mad over people complaining for getting 'junk'?
Not mad, but I think, you can always donate that unwanted gift to someone else or just sell it.
You got a gift, if you don't like it, turn off that feature and tell ppl to trade you if anything.
A simple thank you never hurts.

- Do you say always thanks for a gift, regardless of it's content?
If I get gift, I always say 'Thank you'
That's what my parents told me.
If someone gifts me and uses a pen name, I'll thank that anon by calling him/her with that pen name.
If I get a text or pic, I'l post it into my Thank You-Post and comment on it.

- Do you anon only during events?
I anon mainly during events. On some occassios, I might give out gifts if I see a friend or a nice person that impressed me questing something.

- Do you post in anon threads?
Yes I do, but mainly for RP purposes, looking for a funny chat.
And to help me decide who I give a gift.

- Do you like Anons?
Yes I do

- Did you ever gift something without giving it much of a thought?
Only when I wanted to try out donating someone on the Christmas Event (2012).
I heard it gives you points, so I was curious.
But I gave away a gift like that only once.
The rest of my energy donations went to Dumpster Dive.

On this point I have to say, I understand why many people gifted without efford on the 2012 event.
But Dumpster Dive would've been the better option for this

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
If I get a gift HOLY BALLS someone realized I exist.

Why should I be less than thankful for someone noticing me? Even if its a hate message, I still get a free item.

Angelic Nitemare

Bob Dobbs
If I get a gift HOLY BALLS someone realized I exist.

Why should I be less than thankful for someone noticing me? Even if its a hate message, I still get a free item.
Dude, you appear so infrequently these days, it's like "BOB'S ONLINE?! emotion_kirakira "

And honestly, I never know what you'd like for this avvie. It changes a LOT more often.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

X

User Image

I'm thankful for any gift, even if it's flowers or trash or bugs. I actually do like getting those, even if not it's the thought that counts. I don't think people should have huge expectations when it comes to getting gifts.

I do always thank anyone who gives me something and I will gift them back.

User Image

Angelic Nitemare

On topic, I try to thank for every gift, if there is a name attached. Anon gifts, I tend to thank more in my quest thread if I remember. I can't imagine getting mad about it. Honestly, I love free stuff.

It's my favorite price, after all.

If it's something I'm wanting, huzzah!. If not, either I sell it, or forward it on via the Dive. If it's a gold shop giftie, heck, I just gold recycle it back.

Perfect Pumpkin

The only thing I don't like about Anon gifting is how over-saturated the events get with them. It just loses any meaning.

Don't expect to hear anything from me if you ever send anything though. I don't acknowledge gifts.

Angelic Nitemare

J 4 C K
The only thing I don't like about Anon gifting is how over-saturated the events get with them. It just loses any meaning.

Don't expect to hear anything from me if you ever send anything though. I don't acknowledge gifts.

Not to mention you are hella hard to shop for. sweatdrop

Perfect Pumpkin

Ridley Starsmore
J 4 C K

You wouldn't actually know though. Never say if I like the items or not :3

Angelic Nitemare

J 4 C K
Ridley Starsmore
J 4 C K

You wouldn't actually know though. Never say if I like the items or not :3

I KNOW. emotion_donotwant

Is ok, though, I can deal.

Aged Fox

I wouldn't say I get mad but it annoys me slightly to see someone complain about getting something for free. The anon didn't have to get them diddly squat. On the occasions that I have been gifted something I always thank them in my signature if an anon or through pm if a name is known. Whenever I gift to someone, I usually look at their wishlists and try to find something in my budget to get for them. Most of my gifting is done sporadically if I find a user that really interests me, whether they are someone new to Gaia or someone that I thought seemed like a good person.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I got gifted a Wind Halo. I was over the moon with joy about it.

It doesn't matter what the gift is. Someone thought enough to take the time to gift me something. I appreciate it.

I always send thank-you gifts. Even if it's nothing substantial in price, since more often than not I'm very gold-poor, but I do try to gift back. And on the rare moments I can't, I always make sure to say thank you, either in a profile comment or a PM. I like to acknowledge their sentiment was well-received.

I rarely anon gift. And I don't often get anon gifted, whether even threads or otherwise. I like Anons well enough so long as they don't cross the line with being graphically sexual in their message. Those are insta-reports. Also, I find that just... honestly really ******** tacky.
neutral

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Ridley Starsmore

Pot
Kettle
Black

4laugh

Enduring Spirit

I don't get mad, but sometimes I get frustrated. There are times when I get junk, but at least there's a good written message that makes me feel good. But there are other times when the anon just gives me junk for the sake of throwing it away.

Yes, I like to thank the anon person. But I do wonder if they see the message when I put it on the signature.

I think they do. Well, most of the time they reappear in events. Maybe because is more fun for them? No, I don't go to anon threads (.... This is kind of a anon page, so don't know if this counts or not. XD). And yes, I do like em'.

I, actually do. I given many items, even big ones and a lot of gold. I never given a second thought to it. It's nice seeing the people happy about having that one item or receiving some help. Very worthwhile to do the act of giving.

Angelic Nitemare

Bob Dobbs
Ridley Starsmore

Pot
Kettle
Black

4laugh

At least I HAVE a wish list!-pokes-

Buggy Mage

Cant imagine getting throw away anon gifts. Rarely happened to me honestly. The one time it did happen I thought it was funny. I've seen Bob around and I must say he deserves some cool gifts, Nice guy 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff