Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I appreciate gifts, no matter how or what, and I always say thank you.
Okay, given, at the christmas event, there where many people gifting away junk with blank messages. It was a bit irking, but not to a point that I'd be mad about it. I got many nice gifts to christmas, so I didn't mind them too much anyway.

I just like to have a little message or picture in it when a Anon gift me, so I can refer to someone/something when I gonna say thanks. 3nodding

I myself anon always with a pen name, so people have 'someone' to refer to when they want to say thanks ^^
Also, I only anon when I have the gold to. I never gift away anything that could disappoint that person (like cheap junk). I gift stuff from someone's wishlist if possible. If there's no WL but I want to gift something, I give away something that would fit that person's avatar

Stellar Succubus

Being thanked is nice, but it's not a proviso for my giving a gift.

Streaker

a gift is a gift, regardless of what the worth is.
if someone is kind enough to send one my way, i am very thankful, but i won't go out searching for whoever sent it.

i give out anonymous gifts when i feel like it.
and it's usually based on avatars i like.

Alien Invader

I've never seen someone complain about a gift before. gonk
It's only happened a few times, but items make me flip s**t so...yeah, I'm going to go with gifts make me happy.
I do like to anon gift myself though. I've done it before to friends anonymously--giving them like 200k items off their wishlist. It's fun to see them freak out and remain a mystery.

Butterfly Prince

I don't really mind getting anything. I love the themed anon's that send me like 1g items but send an amusing message or cute artwork with them.

I got a 'blue razor' from a Billy Mays anon last year, sure, it's cheap, but the message in the style of Billy Mays made me grin.

As long as there's a little thought put into a gift, that's all that matters. I don't gift particular often as most of what I have has been worked hard for or gifted otherwise, so, when I do, it's special. I occasionally attack the wishlists of random people that have helped me in the past, sort of like karma. <3

When all is said and done though, I'm not about to complain about anything, no point. An item is an item regardless.

Thieving Lunatic

It depends on the gift for me. Sometimes what people give out is really and truly junk--like during this past event, where gifting someone was the quickest way to earn the items, but people didn't want to actually give decent gifts. I got about 6 gifts just from posting in a couple of threads, and none of them was worth more than 100 gold. Most were worth only 1 gold.

There's a difference between gifting for another person and gifting for yourself. If it's the former, then the receiver has no reason to complain. If it's obviously the latter (i.e. junk gift with no message), then maybe the receiver does have a right to feel a little ripped off.

Slumbering Tengu

*shrug*
stuff is stuff
If I get something non-junk you bet I'll keep it
but if somebody's out there just gifting junk (1 gold items)
I just do what I do with all junk and trash it
like that person's really gonna know

I try to remember people who non-anon gift me and thank them
regardless of gift if I can see that they put thought into it
I also try to wear it at least once

Omnipresent Loiterer

Ridley Starsmore
dakki-dono
If you give a s**t gift, it's still a s**t gift.

Gifting me your trash is wasting my time by making me open it and dispose of it.

It's like dumping all your donation clothes and recycling on your neighbor's lawn and putting a bow on it.

If you give people trash/s**t items and call them "gifts" then ******** you.

I expect no gifts and I'm not sticking my face up anyone's a** for what I do get. "Anon" gifting has dropped a steamer in the heart of every true act of generosity.
Just don't get me started on the "faries" and "elves".

Attention-seeking fakeass ******** doth believe some ne'r-do-well hath urinated upon Dakki's corn flakes.

Can't let that stuff bug you. Worse case scenario, you toss it out. Or sell it to cache crafters.

I didn't get a single gift from someone I did not know this year and I'd rather it no other way. l only speak so strongly to make up for the sappy pushovers who are too afraid to admit that shitty gifts annoy them.
It's not ''the thought" that counts because there was simply no thought put into it in the first place.

Angelic Nitemare

dakki-dono
Ridley Starsmore
dakki-dono

Gifting me your trash is wasting my time by making me open it and dispose of it.

It's like dumping all your donation clothes and recycling on your neighbor's lawn and putting a bow on it.

I expect no gifts and I'm not sticking my face up anyone's a** for what I do get. "Anon" gifting has dropped a steamer in the heart of every true act of generosity.

Attention-seeking fakeass ******** doth believe some ne'r-do-well hath urinated upon Dakki's corn flakes.

Can't let that stuff bug you. Worse case scenario, you toss it out. Or sell it to cache crafters.

I didn't get a single gift from someone I did not know this year and I'd rather it no other way. l only speak so strongly to make up for the sappy pushovers who are too afraid to admit that shitty gifts annoy them.
It's not ''the thought" that counts because there was simply no thought put into it in the first place.
Oh, I get that. i just don't let the idea of 'junk gifts' bother me. I mean, there really isn't a point.

Gold shop stuff sells back for gold, so...free gold. yay.

Flowers and stuff can be trashed/Dived if need be. And if it's a freebie grant that is like 1-5 gold, you can always gift it to a new user as a way of saying "Welcome to Gaia! Stay of my lawn! scream "

Omnipresent Loiterer

Ridley Starsmore
dakki-dono
Ridley Starsmore
dakki-dono

Oh, I get that. i just don't let the idea of 'junk gifts' bother me. I mean, there really isn't a point.

Flowers and stuff can be trashed/Dived if need be. And if it's a freebie grant that is like 1-5 gold, you can always gift it to a new user as a way of saying "Welcome to Gaia! Stay of my lawn! scream "
Is it a humongous deal? No.
But still, the fact that someone can inconvienience you by giving you trash and people b***h if you aren't thankful for it is what bugs me.
If someone gave me a glass bottle and expects a thank you because I can recycle it for 2 cents, I'm going to hit them over the head with it.

Angelic Nitemare

dakki-dono
Ridley Starsmore
dakki-dono
Ridley Starsmore
dakki-dono

Is it a humongous deal? No.
But still, the fact that someone can inconvienience you by giving you trash and people b***h if you aren't thankful for it is what bugs me.
If someone gave me a glass bottle and expects a thank you because I can recycle it for 2 cents, I'm going to hit them over the head with it.

Where as I'd just toss it in the bin and be done with it. sweatdrop I just can't give that much of a crap to let it bug me.

But I'll still stand by your call to hate it. If that's your thing.

You should totally talk to Jack. He's got this thing about being tipped, and I can't get my head wrapped around that entirely either, but I think you would have a common bond there. And an affinity for specific headgear.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

I don't really mind getting junk. I can either trash them or sell them back depending on the item.

What I don't like is when people are like, "I SAW THIS ON YOUR WISHLIST, SO I'M GIVING THIS TO YOU," and when you open the gift...it's trash. Sill side-eyeing the person who did that to me recently. stare

Angelic Nitemare

Teeyanuh
I don't really mind getting junk. I can either trash them or sell them back depending on the item.

What I don't like is when people are like, "I SAW THIS ON YOUR WISHLIST, SO I'M GIVING THIS TO YOU," and when you open the gift...it's trash. Sill side-eyeing the person who did that to me recently. stare

OK, I will admit, THAT is a d*ck move.

Tricky Cat

I give people DC items I don't want.

If I hate someone, I spam slap in the faces.

edit:
I've gone through people's wishlists/signatures to see if they want something and I'll send it to them. If its multiple gifts, I send all of the cheap ones anon, then the last one has my name attached.

I know this is about complaints from receiving gifts, but I remember giving someone a 250k+ item in their signature and didn't receive so much as a thank you.
Just watched their signature wishlist disappear.

Whatever, I like randomly gifting people I dont know, and I love being thanked just because its polite, and something I'd do.

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

If someone gifts me their 1g trash items to me and I already own it, sweet, gold(lol even 1g is good enough for me). If it's an item with no sell price I put in Dumpster Dive.

I love receiving any sort of gifts. And lately people have been burying me under gifts. xD Most of it from good friends, some from total randoms. It's pretty awesome. Because I haven't returned the favour, I've been going on several mini buying sprees. Lately I've been buying a bunch of old 1g-50g items from the Marketplace. So I've been pretty stingy with gold, currently have 2k because of non-stop constant buying. So yeah, no gifting from me. Yet people are being totally awesome and I have no idea why.

I'll thank every single one of them individually too. I'm pretty grateful and incredibly thankful for such great generosity. Each gift has made my day and has had me giving big smiles. If it's an anon gift, I'll still post it in a thread because it's pretty cool.
I don't ask for donations, and will discourage people from donating. I mean I don't NEED to be donated to, I have plenty of items to use at my disposal and I'll likely eventually get around to buying that other item on my Wishlist.

Yeah, I think it's pretty rude not to bother thanking the gifter(unless it's an anon, you can't exactly thank someone when you don't know who to thank, in which case a mental thank you suffices, unless you're really wanting to let anon know you appreciate it, then a sig note or a post might be sufficient).

As for mean anon message gifts, I don't get the point. Mods will still see who sent it, so anonning is a stupid attempt to get around the ToS. xD
I never received one before though, must be lucky or something because I'm pretty sure I've made a few enemies over the years. None of which have tried to harass me, so I guess I'm not much of an amusement to piss off(even it's pretty easy lol).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff