Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rare

I don't mind getting junk. The thing I mind is getting anon hate, which I have gotten in the past. I'd say that's the only time I was not grateful for a gift.

Questionable Cat

When I gift, it's usually on anon.. so I like to sort of stalk whoever I gifted and see if they put something in their signature or something about saying thanks for whatever it was. It's not a big deal if they don't say thanks, but the appreciation is really nice. When I'm gifted, I'm always sure to thank whoever it was. If it's anon, be prepared to see my thanks in my signature for a few months because I think you're that great. 4laugh

I remember a some years back, someone said they had never been gifted. I gave them a Heart of Gold on Anon, they wondered who it was, I PM'd them saying it was me, and I was gifted, in return, the envelope that had Demonic Anklets/Yokai Treasure in it. I totally wasn't expecting that, to be honest. It felt really good, though c:

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Dunno, free item is free item from an anon who was gracious enough to acknowledge I exist. If I don't like it, I sell it. Still get gold that way. Don't see why people would complain unless it's something reportable in the message.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I don't personally anon much. I may have here and there
but they weren't for events. Just to be a kind person. I rarely get
gifts and I am happy to receive anything. Someone gifted me 25
hermit cats during the Christmas event. I LOVE THEM XD I was
very surprised I got something that I actually get use out of though.
It made me very happy. :3

Like I said, it's rare for me to get gifts so to get gifted something
I make use of was a pleasant surprise. I have no idea who gave them
to me though but I did post in one of my friends boards thanking the
anon. Even if they don't ever see it I at least put it on the record. ;3;

I think people who act pissy for receiving something are silly.. I mean,
it's a free item, and it's a gift on top of that. Now, I don't enjoy receiving
something in a rude manner with a rude note attached. It's only
happened once I believe, but it wasn't very nice. I can see why a
person would complain about that though. It made me feel pretty
shitty and that's just pathetic on an avatar dress up site. confused

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Angelic Nitemare

Slick Southpaw
Dunno, free item is free item from an anon who was gracious enough to acknowledge I exist. If I don't like it, I sell it. Still get gold that way. Don't see why people would complain unless it's something reportable in the message.
See, I'm noticing GCDers tend to be very thankful for gifts, and i think part of it is, as individuals, we don't get gifted a lot.

Many GCDers tend to have been on the site for years, and has such, we tend to be seen as...well, rich.

And in fact, some of us ARE Gaia rich (Loads of items, but very little gold...because it goes to the hoard of items we like.)

So we don't get gifted because people figure "Well, they already have stuff."

When in reality, we love having more stuff. Which is why we are always on the lookout for freebie item grants. sweatdrop

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Ridley Starsmore
Slick Southpaw
See, I'm noticing GCDers tend to be very thankful for gifts, and i think part of it is, as individuals, we don't get gifted a lot.

Many GCDers tend to have been on the site for years, and has such, we tend to be seen as...well, rich.

And in fact, some of us ARE Gaia rich (Loads of items, but very little gold...because it goes to the hoard of items we like.)

When in reality, we love having more stuff. Which is why we are always on the lookout for freebie item grants. sweatdrop
*shrug* Not really seeing your point here. I've seen both bragging and gratitude when it comes to gifts in the GCD. I mean, if I gift someone, I do it because I want to. If they have that item already, great, they can keep it or sell it to get something they really want.

It works for me with anon gifts that way, without the added guilt of selling something because I don't know who gifted me, but I'm just happy I got something.

But claiming to not getting a lot of gifts because X Gaian is seen as Gaian rich in terms of items seems rather juvenile to me.

Angelic Nitemare

Slick Southpaw
Ridley Starsmore
Slick Southpaw

*shrug* Not really seeing your point here. I've seen both bragging and gratitude when it comes to gifts in the GCD. I mean, if I gift someone, I do it because I want to. If they have that item already, great, they can keep it or sell it to get something they really want.

It works for me with anon gifts that way, without the added guilt of selling something because I don't know who gifted me, but I'm just happy I got something.

But claiming to not getting a lot of gifts because X Gaian is seen as Gaian rich in terms of items seems rather juvenile to me.

Eh, it's just a theory. I could be completely wrong. Could be something as simple as "I just don't know what they'd like."

Any reason is as plausible as the next, I figure. -shrugs-

Perfect Pumpkin

Slick Southpaw
Ridley Starsmore
Slick Southpaw

Juvenile or not to you, the fact still stands that actual juveniles tend to think that way.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

J 4 C K
Juvenile or not to you, the fact still stands that actual juveniles tend to think that way.
...And? So there are immature people on the internet complaining about not getting gifts or hating anon gifts or something of that sort. These aren't exactly revolutionary sentiments I'm expressing here.

Perfect Pumpkin

Slick Southpaw
J 4 C K
...And? So there are immature people on the internet complaining about not getting gifts or hating anon gifts or something of that sort. These aren't exactly revolutionary sentiments I'm expressing here.
Of course. I'm just saying it happens, s'all.

Cluttered Shopper

14,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
I don't get mad, but it does irk me a bit.
If you don't like the gift, regift it (gasp), dump it in dumpster dive, or resell it.
Overall, like my little brother told me once 'Just accept it." Lol.

And I always say thank you, though to Anons it's a little harder since I can't thank them personally, so I tend to go back through my posts and edit a thank you in there. I'd use my sig...but then I go over the word limit and it gets frustrating. But I also list all my gifters in my journal too.

I anon randomly or when I'm bored. I dunno, it could just be me, and I don't mean to offend anyone if I do, but I feel that anon-ing during events, everyone just kind of expects it now.
I don't go searching for anons, or try to bring the attention of anons to myself so I don't post in threads or make my own.
And I like anons, the concept of it is nice. And since they've become really creative with the poems/messages, I enjoy this more than the actual gift. The only time I don't like Anons is when it takes over the entire event and more than half the threads are about how someone got this from an anon, or didn't get something from an anon. Which is why I was really happy when Gaia added an Anon sub-forum to the events.

Buggy Mage

J 4 C K
Slick Southpaw
J 4 C K
Of course. I'm just saying it happens, s'all.

That's probably the reason I dont gift to Random people often. Its hard to pick something a person would like unless you know them. A Gaia Rich person, I would think, would be disappointed by a gift I got them. lol
i've always said thank you to the anon for any kind of item recieved. im a hoarder so i dont mind what people send me. it annoys the hell out of me thou when people complain about gifts and how little amount it adds up to. i mean, if you want something expensive then go work for it.

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
I get a little peeved when I see complaints, particularly when there was begging used to obtain it. As an anon, I'm in it for the joy you might receive. When I hear someone b***h about a crappy gift and that poem that I spent 20 minutes on, all because it wasn't on their wishlist, I've a right to be concerned. 90% of the wishlist items I see are touching 70k or more. I myself have those star cats on my list, but I don't whine because I didn't get one. Who has 2 million to spend on me? neutral

I always thank the anon's in my signature though. While making a whole post for them seems like it would best, it'd simply fall off the page in minutes. My signature is going to follow me.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

I don't really anon that much. I've only gotten one sort of thank-you note, from my friend.

She still doesn't know it was me.

Still, it annoys me when people Anon-gift just to get rid of their junk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff