Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

14,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
Godsanity
Angelic Halo is anything but nowadays.
Only the "best" exchangers/vendors or the people who waste the most money on the site can afford one.
It's really a status symbol for wealth.

By 'waste the most money on the site' you mean the people who are paying the most to keep the site running and the artists employed? Sounds pretty generous to me. Why all the hate for people just because they can afford to throw time and money into their hobby?

Winner

Arrowchan
By 'waste the most money on the site' you mean the people who are paying the most to keep the site running and the artists employed? Sounds pretty generous to me. Why all the hate for people just because they can afford to throw time and money into their hobby?

Alright, maybe the wording was harsh.

What I really mean, is that Gaia is literally and obviously just trying to suck money from its users by now. It's just a sort of ... waste feeding into that. You never know when Gaia will call it quits & therefore it's a waste of money spending it on the site. Not to mention, it's pixels. Pixels.

I don't hate on them, mind you. I love them. They're the reason why the exchange runs and why I can afford to buy stuffs I want. xD

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Chocolate Lover's Dream +.♦.+

Why are we taking so serious in the description of a halo item?

If it's so true, then I want my Kiki show that was in the description of the Kiki plushie. emotion_donotwant

-✨~✨-oo yum_pumpkinpie -✨~✨-

Magical Girl

14,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
Godsanity
Arrowchan

Alright, maybe the wording was harsh.

What I really mean, is that Gaia is literally and obviously just trying to suck money from its users by now. It's just a sort of ... waste feeding into that. You never know when Gaia will call it quits & therefore it's a waste of money spending it on the site. Not to mention, it's pixels. Pixels.

I don't hate on them, mind you. I love them. They're the reason why the exchange runs and why I can afford to buy stuffs I want. xD

I agree that Gaia is getting fairly ridiculous with its cash posts and gold generators. Something is not quite right with how hard they are pushing the cash items these days, and it's understandable that people are cranky at how much the system has changed. But I don't see the point of getting annoyed at other users just because they have disposable income and choose to use it here. It's not their fault that Gaia has borked the economy or chose to re-release rare items.

As someone who is too stingy to buy cash 99% of the time, I appreciate that someone else is paying the bills so I can still hang out here and get cool items. If that means they get a few extra halo-shaped pixels and I don't, more power to 'em.

Omnipresent Spirit

I never wear any of my 03s anymore. I've gotten tired of them and they look so low quality compared to the really nice new items Gaia has been pushing out. Once in a while I manage to use Devil Tail or DJ/s Ports, but aside from that I can't bring myself to.

Familiar Traveler

14,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I'm not going to lie: the only thing I have ever valued the Angelic Halo for was its gold worth...having one means I have reached an economic goal I never dreamed possible.

Mind you....this was about a year ago before the economic chaos that has started as of late....

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I wouldn't wear a halo if I won one. I'd end up selling it to get the items I wanted. It doesn't fit with the character I've made on Gaia. Though I'd preferably sell it to someone who wanted it as their dream item. Like, I've seen a few users around who have been questing it for 10 years. I'd probably sell to them.

I know of some halo users that are outright generous and some that are just outright greedy. The item itself doesn't define every person that wears it.

Perfect Saint

Thank goodness for my El Guapo. I can have an angelic halo plus...other...things... gonk

Consumer

14,925 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
<3

Really not interested in them anymore. Back in the day that was pretty much the "YOU WON GAIA" item. You couldn't get any better then an Angelic Halo.

Now-a-days though...
There are so many other nice items that are way above what an Angelic halo is in my opinion. And I definitely wouldn't pay what they're going for now-a-days for one. Not worth it one bit.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
My butthurt senses are tingly ninja

The description shouldn't be changed- people have always been selfish douche bags, so why should it matter now?

Besides back then it really a donation item, that important history shouldn't be changed because of now

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Anyone who bought that Halo for a grand is something, I wouldn't say generous or selfless though. rofl

Anyway, I don't really care about the constant re-releases, I like that it's been put in RIG's and stuff because that item was hacked a lot.
Tons of great members of Gaia bought hacked halos without knowing and got banned, or had it revoked with no refund.
Now there are plenty in circulation to go around.

I wouldn't pay for the silly thing, but if I won it from a RIG I wouldn't complain. Or give it up LOL.
It's on my wishlist, only because back in my day it was the ultimate item and it still is in my eyes.
One day I hope to have one, but I'm not paying a grand of real money for it, or nine hundred bajillion gold for it.
I'll have to get it out of a RIG or get it from a gift.

I also have respect for those who donated back in 03 for the item.
Props to you for donating back when it really mattered. <3

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I got my halo without spending any GC... I just see it as a cool, old, rare item now. It was really soemthing back in 06 when I joined, but now it feels like an accomplishment, but at the same time feels like it's just another item... D=
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT

Beloved Cat

Lilac kitten star > angelic halo emotion_awesome
I personally think there are way better items to spend your gold on. And cheaper!!!
It's cute. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces