Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
There are only a handful people I can think of that want/have halos and I would still consider them generous and selfless if they got one/have one. But no, the Halo isn't a symbol of that now. To me it's a symbol of corporate greed and disappointment now.

Wilderness Otaku

23,125 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Evolution Debut 250
probably should be re-released the halo angelic about since 1,000 grands dollars when discounted save sale 55% off for $599.99 or 550.99

i hope it again summer Friday black sale weekend next months. emotion_donotwant

Destructive Bunny

Even before gaia sold out it's been a status symbol. So that description's been off for awhile. Just even more now lol

Posessed Completionist

unless they've been here since the beginning and got it then, no I'm dubious usually.

However some of the wealthy who have them also do huge charities and such.

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I think re-releasing Halos as a straight Cash Shop sale or in RIGs are what devalued the Halo the most (re-release as a Con raffle is OK). With its supply very low, and mostly in the hands of people who got it in 2003, the Halo is not just really expensive but difficult to find a seller of. When it's mass released, it passes through the hands of people who got it easily -- and hence have lower emotional attachment to it. Exchangers can then get halos from these owners relatively quickly and at a low value (as opposed to before, when even finding a seller takes weeks), and then continues the treatment of Halo as mere commodity.

By now the damage's done and the wow factor is gone, unless you're an original donator or inherited from one, might as well use the Guapo halo.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Lol, Gaia you funny...

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

In the end, you know, it's just a pixel doughnut. That's is, doesn't make anyone special, or better than anyone else, even before they were rereleased they'd stopped really being a symbol for generosity.

If you're gonna be a good and nice person, you can always do that, halo or not.

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Do you really equate people who own Angelic Halo's as "generous" and "selfless"?
LOL! Good one! lol
Though I may be equating those people to the hundreds of users who don't even have a Halo, but remain pissed at Gaia for reselling the thing. An item for "generous" and "selfless" people, supported by people willing to let no one else who wasn't there to get it at the time have said item and are willing to let the item disappear completely because of "principle". Dafuq? Weirdos.

Do you think Gaia Interactive still believes this?
Strange question. Gaia Interactive doesn't only include Gaia Online. Didn't Gaia Interactive also come around after the halo's release? Like when Lanzer gave it away or something like that?

If you meant just Gaia Online...I don't think you're supposed to take Gaia's item descriptions that seriously... You wind up with situations like in my answer for question one. Also I'm pretty sure all item descriptions are just punny things pulled out their a** that even they don't take seriously. We are talking about a site who can't even keep their plot straight, or their characters in character. sweatdrop

Lol irony?
I suppose it's ironic referring to the situation I talk about under question one, but...
Eh, Gaia's views of what they consider loyal users VS what they reward those loyal users with is more ironic than the Halo and it's description vs Gaia Online's actions nowadays could ever be.
Quote:

Club Verge Situation:
"Thanks for giving us $100 across the last year. Here are some more items for you. biggrin "
"But I can't afford those prices. $100 across the last year is like 5 bucks every so often."
"Well then, I guess you're window shopping. At least you also have that guild we don't look at. biggrin "
"..."

Loyal's Bazaar Situation:
"Thanks for logging in for 75 out of the past 90 days! Here are some items for you! biggrin "
"But I can't afford the higher end items. Just because I log in, doesn't mean I'm made of gold. And the cheaper items are the equivalent of a regular gold shop update. Can you make some items of that higher end quality for cheaper?"
"Lol, you're funny! Just buy one of our many Gold Generators!"
"But I don't support Gold Generators. I've stopped buying GC because of them."
Well then, enjoy your window shopping and the guild we'll eventually stop looking at! biggrin "
"..."

or
"If you had logged in for 75 out of the past 90 days I'd be able to say: Here are some items for you! neutral "
"But your counter thingy seems to be broken. Can you fix it, or if it's not really broken, further explain how the counter works in detail?"
"Sure! We'll get on that right after we start fixing up zOMG! Trololololol! Enjoy the guild we'll eventually stop looking at!"
"..."

Ok... maybe more hypocritical. IDK. Halo situation never seemed as bad in this aspect as people are making it out to be.

Do you think that this description, once used for donators who donated to Gaia at their creation, should be changed?
Nope nope. It's the description of a fake pixel item that only has value because we allow it to have value, not the words of a Country's (or a religious) Leader. lol

Other thoughts?
Interesting thread topic. Makes you think for a bit. Thank you for that. ^^

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

What's the point of judging anyone by what they wear

If anything, judge by their actions, it's the only real thing that proves how they actually are

Ruthless Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Moonlight Densetsu
User Image
An impostor sailor senshi is speaking☽☾ ...

-I know for a fact certain people are hoarding like 10+, to keep the price up.
Those people are assholes emotion_facepalm

Thanks for listening♥

I could t agree more.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

Organic Tea

- Lol irony?

There.
I cannot say anything else.
`Hydro
Considering this was the very first DONATION ITEM, I'm sure it was meant as a thank you! Persons were not promised an item, they simply donated because they were asked to. The original halos were a sign of generosity.

That's were the description comes from.

You hit the nail on the head.

The second they started re-releasing them, the whole point to the description went out the window. :<

Winner

Angelic Halo is anything but nowadays.
Only the "best" exchangers/vendors or the people who waste the most money on the site can afford one.
It's really a status symbol for wealth.

Personally, I see Angelic Halo as a convoluted sign of success for an exchanger or vendor? It'll be my final goal after I finish collecting wings.

Magical Girl

14,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Full closet 200
Cherry Ave
`Hydro
Considering this was the very first DONATION ITEM, I'm sure it was meant as a thank you! Persons were not promised an item, they simply donated because they were asked to. The original halos were a sign of generosity.

The second they started re-releasing them, the whole point to the description went out the window. :<

Eh, one could argue that people who spend a fair amount of real cash in supporting Gaia are still being generous. OK, they get a few pixels out of it and an online status symbol in return, but that's not a lot in the scheme of things. People either pay for the halo in money, or time and dedication to Gaia. Anyone with a halo has given something of meaning to the community, and I'm not going to sniff at anyone who is paying for the servers I use for free on a daily basis.
Arrowchan
Cherry Ave
`Hydro

Eh, one could argue that people who spend a fair amount of real cash in supporting Gaia are still being generous. OK, they get a few pixels out of it and an online status symbol in return, but that's not a lot in the scheme of things. People either pay for the halo in money, or time and dedication to Gaia. Anyone with a halo has given something of meaning to the community, and I'm not going to sniff at anyone who is paying for the servers I use for free on a daily basis.

That's a fair point. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces