Welcome to Gaia! ::

Extreme Loiterer

24,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Quote:

If it has sentimental value for you, it shouldn't lose that just because more people can suddenly get it.

Very true I was never a fan of the halo I drooled over the sash and red rose back then
I have them in storage now for pure sentimental reasons 3nodding

Wild Bookworm

B R A I N
After Midnight Booty Call
We can look to Brain for our example....

Yeah I know, I am the epitome of selflessness

I donated my halo n dt to create everyone's dream item

emotion_kirakira

Dream item, eh? Um..... lol Memorable, yes xd

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Mr A s t a r o t h x
Any user who must say, I am selfless and generous to have earned this, is not truly so.

Also this,
Bowie-Spawan

If it has sentimental value for you, it shouldn't lose that just because more people can suddenly get it.

This, pretty much.
While I'm just as unhappy about Gaia's economy as the rest of the GCD, something doesn't have to be 'one of a kind' to have sentimental meaning to you personally. Do I like that they're re-releasing Halos? There is literally nothing I can say on this subject that won't piss someone off, but long story short, I think there's worse business practices they could take.

Like charging a thousand dollars for the-OH WAIT.

TLDR: It's Gaia's business practices as a whole that make me unhappy, but I don't care too much about the halo by itself.

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yeah it used to be generous meant you were willing to donate and expect nothing in return. Now generous means whom ever is willing to dish out the most cash... It is kind of dissapointing. I have no interest in ever questing halo.

Demonic Lover

The description was made for those who originally donated for the halo O: not the people that bought it off them or those that bought halos afterwards, at least that's how I've always seen it C: then again I've always seen the angelic halo as the biggest joke XD;;; one of the most expensive items and one of the cheapest looking ones x ox

Unstoppable Hoarder

Honestly, it makes me sad. The halo's description is that, because at first the people were selfless. Back before there were donation items (or monthly collectibles if you prefer) a small group of people sent money to Gaia simply out of kindness. There was no incentive, these users never guessed they'd actually be getting something in return. But then, a small, sealed letter suddenly appeared in their inventories. Thus, the halo was born. It saddens me, that generous people like that no longer exist on Gaia. Everyone expects something in return.

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I've never been interested in the Angelic Halo myself. It seemed more like a title/status item over anything else.
Oddly enough, I can't say I've put too much thought into the people who own the Halos.

I guess, thinking about it now, the concept of the Halo has evolved into something new and not-so-positive.
Even though that's changed over time, I can't say the presence of generous, thoughtful people has changed.
Both friends and strangers on Gaia have shown me extreme kindness this past week alone.
The Halo aside, it means more to me to know that so many good people still exist in this community.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Baja
It saddens me, that generous people like that no longer exist on Gaia. Everyone expects something in return.

It saddens me more that this is your assessment... Greedy people have always existed on Gaia. But at the same time, so have selfless people, people who love this community and contribute because they enjoy doing it, not because they're trying to get stuff. Believe it or not, Gaia's not just an item grab for a lot of people. We're going through a dark time, but it's not all completely hopeless.

Unstoppable Hoarder

Knight of Britannia
Baja
It saddens me, that generous people like that no longer exist on Gaia. Everyone expects something in return.

It saddens me more that this is your assessment... Greedy people have [i[always existed on Gaia. But at the same time, so have selfless people, people who love this community and contribute because they enjoy doing it, not because they're trying to get stuff. Believe it or not, Gaia's not just an item grab for a lot of people. We're going through a dark time, but it's not all completely hopeless.
Lets just say right now the cons outweigh the pros on Gaia.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Honestly I am happier with my fish masks that are both Rare and something i worked hard for.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Baja
Knight of Britannia
Baja

It saddens me more that this is your assessment... Greedy people have [i[always existed on Gaia. But at the same time, so have selfless people, people who love this community and contribute because they enjoy doing it, not because they're trying to get stuff. Believe it or not, Gaia's not just an item grab for a lot of people. We're going through a dark time, but it's not all completely hopeless.

And I'm sorry you feel that way.

All I can do is keep hoping it gets better. I've been enjoying the event so much and meeting so many kind and selfless people in other forums, my perception is a bit different right now.

Unstoppable Hoarder

Knight of Britannia
Baja
Knight of Britannia
Baja

And I'm sorry you feel that way.

All I can do is keep hoping it gets better. I've been enjoying the event so much and meeting so many kind and selfless people in other forums, my perception is a bit different right now.
I normally try to not think about it, either. I usually just log on and stay in my little bubble until I log off. sweatdrop I hope it gets better too, though. I honestly do. I like to think this is the storm that happens after the calm. And now we're just waiting for the calm to come back to us.

Blessed Hero

well, seeing as my goal on Gaia was to own my own halo, and to follow the flavor text and create my own charity... It CAN still mean that, if the user who owns it CHOOSES to follow that inscription.

But I know very well without Gaia re-releasing halos, I never would have been able to get one of my own, so I can't really complain about them being commercialized without being super hypocritical.

Golden Gawker

>>>: I would have still believed in that description,
if they didn't throw it in every new CI they push out.
No matter what the drop rates are. The first re-release
I didn't think was too bad, because really, the ones
who did buy it then gave A LOT of money to Gaia.
And even though they might only have done it for selfish
reasons to get the halo or simply "because they could",
I still viewed it as a generous donation because of its price.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Well, my halo was given to me from a friend a long time ago before they were being re-released.

I also try to donate to people as much as possible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff