Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Lover

Well now that I've just about completed my Loyal collection, I don't see myself leaving for quite some time now. As odd as it may be, my attraction of Loyal keeps me here. haha All my friends have left for real world reasons so I'm really only left with one friend to talk too so I do stay to chat with her of course.

I have taken a month long hiatus before and actually considered making it longer but toward the end of that hiatus I was wanting back on Gaia. So I dunno, I don't think I could ever really leave gaia unless all my friends ((Or should I say friend)) leave and Loyal just disappears off the face of the site.

But I do enjoy dressing my avie, I occasionally enjoy the events ((That last Easter one was really enjoyable)), taste in items and Gaia's color choices for them is steadily decreasing though. I've been here for just about 10 years I might as well see how long I can go.

Destitute Millionaire

I'm trying my best to hold out until the end of hyperinflation or the end of this site, whichever comes first.

Merry Traveler

A habit and because I think gaia will be my last avatar site I will be in.
the roleplay is why I keep on logging in, avatar, although I am fond of it, is an extra that happen because I spend time in here.

Nuclear Werewolf

13,325 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
I stick around these days mostly for the manga, and it's something to occupy myself with when I'm bored/don't really have anything else to do.

Blessed Demigod

27,425 Points
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
I don't spend a lot of time here like I used to.
But I stay to blow some steam off by being creative with avatars.
And seeing every now and then on what Gaia's gonna come up with next.

Also for the crazy amount of time obtaining items, way too much time will go to waste if I abandon my account, so that's what keeps me around.

zOMG was the sole reason I was on Gaia much more than now. yum_tea
The whole quitting thing is redundant, this isn't some job.

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I've been here since almost the beginning, and I'll be here till the end. I found GaiaOnline at an important time in my life, and in spite of a few periods of inactivity, I'm still here hanging out with the same people, and a few new friends too. whee

Agile Protagonist

18,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
heart What makes you stay?
The very few new item releases that I like, and the promise of a new minigame.

heart What are your fond memories of this site?
Beating up...errr getting beaten up by monsters in ZOMG.

heart Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?
Why yes, yes I have. I actually like recolor.me's style of giving players the ability to adjust item colors freely rather than releasing the same item 10 times in multiple colors.

heart Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?
Yup. They left simply because it got boring or they didn't have the time for Gaia.

heart Have you considered quitting? Why?
Yeah, the constant re-releasesing of new items which are the same, but just different shades is plain annoying. The amount of 'sales' goes beyond an item mall, it just screams 'pixel factory.' Plus, without a gold granting mini game for all Gaians to play together the community is just forum based. The only thing we can do here is talk, which some people may agree gets dull. Did I mention the release of Gold Generators? No? Well, I'll just add that to the list.

Mega Nerd

yum_strawberry What makes you stay?

I'm not sure. Part of me keeps hoping it's going to be a community again, part of me keeps hoping the powers that be are going to add something that really captivates me again, part of me is really curious about how it's all going to end. And there's a good dollop of pure stubbornness.

yum_strawberry What are your fond memories of this site?

Finding a community of friends who I liked talking to in one thread in the Friends forum (all of whom are gone). Finding the zOMG community (most of whom are gone). Finding the Aquarium Community (see zOMG).

yum_strawberry Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?

No. Once was enough.

yum_strawberry Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?

See above. A lot of the friends in the first community left because their lives changed and there was no longer any room for a time-intensive game like Gaia was then. As for the rest? Gaia changed the games, and they went on to do other things on other sites.

yum_strawberry Have you considered quitting? Why?

Yes. There's very little that appeals to me here anymore. I don't like 95% of the new items coming out - and those are the ones I can remember. Most of my friends don't come around here much because they're busy in their real lives - and I don't fault them, because my life has changed quite a bit in that direction too.

And yet I stay - it's still an escape from the real world which I need every so often. I still have hundreds of items I haven't even used on my avatar yet - many from more years ago than I care to think about. There are still friends here who I want to keep up with. But I'm not here nearly as much as I used to be, and doubt I ever will be again.
i leave i come back i leave.
story of my gaia life.

I come back, check my inventory worth.
Realize I miss gaia, put more money into it.

Get bored with it, leave for some time.
REPEAT PROCESS

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Einrick
I thought for sure that I was done after this Halloween and Thanksgiving. But guess what? I came back anyways. And I'm having fun just gifting freebies thanks to grab bags and stuff. I guess that's good enough for me.

Also, I guess Gaia is my solution to boredom. sweatdrop

Why hello, me-from-last-year. You're looking well. xp

I have to say that my answer probably hasn't changed much. I'm still mostly here thanks to boredom. I am somewhat sorry that I just missed the Easter event, though; from what I hear, it was a fun one. At least I am keeping myself busy with alchemy and looking through the forums, although I can't say that I'm doing all that much at the moment.

I guess I'll be back next year, if this thread is still floating around. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff