Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since my first few weeks on Gaia, I have been an avid user of the Marketplace as a means of purchasing Donation items and other rare goods. However, over time I have come to see the great tragedy that has come to be known as "Gaian Inflation". Prices which were once stable and low enough for any Gaian who was willing to work a bit have skyrocketed to exorbitant amounts, leaving even some of the wealthier and more prominent Gaians in shock.

Well, today it ends. I am asking that any and all Gaians who can please assist me in attempting to put an end to the outrageous prices of the Market.

Out of the many things that cause prices to rise, I find one particular factor to be a major problem. You see, there are times when there is only one person selling one particular item on the entire MP. Before placing that item into the vend, this Gaian is given the power to completely change the value of their item (in the cases of rare/donation items). When given this opportunity, many people will greedily sell their product at an insanely high price, leading others to sell at even higher prices. I know that I can't force everyone to stop selling items at whatever price they choose, but I kindly ask that all those who are given the opportunity to alter an item's value completely please make an attempt to control their lust for gold and think of the greater good. Think about it; if Gaians would just collectively start selling items for cheaper prices, it would be so much easier for everyone to get the items they wanted. Not only that, but the number of quest threads would probably dwindle down a bit. Also, if things changed enough, the newer members would no longer be discouraged from attempting to get rare items - and there would probably be a greater (daily) influx of new Gaian members, instead of the current influx of "mule" accounts that are used for quests, etc.

In closing, I just ask one last time that everyone please consider Gaia as a whole and attempt to change. If we don't make a difference today and lower prices, the Gaians of tomorrow will be turned away from the site as a whole because of a one-sided economy that makes things impossible for the honest, non-botting Gaian citizen.

Thank you for your time.
The Marketplace was once a place for competition in selling one items, But now its just a place where if people who hate the exchange can come for less pain and get an item with less hassel. In general the marketplace will only get worse there is nothing anyone can do.
Labtech CJ
The Marketplace was once a place for competition in selling one items, But now its just a place where if people who hate the exchange can come for less pain and get an item with less hassel. In general the marketplace will only get worse there is nothing anyone can do.

That's the mentaility that we as Gaians need to shake! xp

If we actually try, as a group, we can pull down the prices in the Market. And I know that people only (used to) go there to avoid the hassle of the GEN, but now I see more people in the Exchange trying to avoid the prices of the MP!
I concur. The marketplace is a wonderful plalce for people to get whatever items they want for their avatar. But this inflation on items is completely bogus, and people are only hurting others by raising the prices. I mean, come on, why do it? What's the point? Get over your egos, get over just how supposedly expensive something is, and sell it at a decent price. I'll assist in this protest against high prices in the marketplace. I would like to complete my quests, but I can't because of the prices right now.
DivineCatDragon
I concur. The marketplace is a wonderful plalce for people to get whatever items they want for their avatar. But this inflation on items is completely bogus, and people are only hurting others by raising the prices. I mean, come on, why do it? What's the point? Get over your egos, get over just how supposedly expensive something is, and sell it at a decent price. I'll assist in this protest against high prices in the marketplace.

Woot! surprised
Thank you, sir.
So you're asking people not to be greedy ********?
Been tried before, but in my humble opinion, it's never going to happen. Things will just keep getting worse. 3nodding
Hamsta.exe
Labtech CJ

That's the mentaility that we as Gaians need to shake! xp

If we actually try, as a group, we can pull down the prices in the Market. And I know that people only (used to) go there to avoid the hassle of the GEN, but now I see more people in the Exchange trying to avoid the prices of the MP!

you can shake a tree all you want but that won't uplift the roots dug into the ground.
Not if all of us who are undergoing quests ban together and talk to people and admins alike to get GEN prices lowered. That's what needs to be done.
Andy the Confused
Been tried before, but in my humble opinion, it's never going to happen. Things will just keep getting worse. 3nodding

Got to agree with you there. 3nodding
DivineCatDragon
Not if all of us who are undergoing quests ban together and talk to people and admins alike to get GEN prices lowered. That's what needs to be done.

admins have no control over donation items, users have all the power. The admins released them and we control the price. There is nothing the admins can do, the priceguides are just that guides. Its not the Gaian item bible. xp
Labtech CJ

And besides, the Marketplace has way too high prices...Some of the Easter Baskets are like 2K now...!!
DivineCatDragon
Speak to admins? They can't do anything. It's not up to them. It's also not up to the price guilds. They don't control prices, just track them.

Edit: So yeah, basically what CJ said.
Andy the Confused

I know it may seem like a bit much to ask of a people driven by money, yes - but maybe there is hope? Maybe the wealthy will step down and even lend a hand in lowering the prices themselves..
In your dreams...
LunarMystique
Labtech CJ

And besides, the Marketplace has way too high prices...Some of the Easter Baskets are like 2K now...!!

Christ on a cracker you people act like you have to buy stuff, if you don't like it don't buy it. The less bought there the lower the items will become.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff