Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi I come from many other online games from beta to live. Most mmo's I play have an online fee monthly. Now I understand gaia to still be in alpha acording to the front page.

Now I was wondering if this goes "Live" will there be a fee? Personally I think a fee per month with stop the excesive spam, but thats just me anyways I was just wondering

Nite all smile
Gaia will ALWAYS be free. :3 The admins intend to keep it that way, no matter what.

Hopefully it will never get to the point where they have no choice but to make it a pay site... but that happening doesn't seem likely to me.
Rhystical
Now I was wondering if this goes "Live" will there be a fee?
If is right. This thing will be alpha forever 3nodding
I know they make probally alot on donations and ad's but the bandwith required to run this must be pretty high.
The whole point of Gaia is for it to be a free, interactive site. If they made Gaia a paysite, it would drain it of its lifeblood, the random plethora users.

Gaia wouldn't go under if it were a paysite, it merely wouldn't be the same sort of place. At all.
Maximilian-Ra
Rhystical
Now I was wondering if this goes "Live" will there be a fee?
If is right. This thing will be alpha forever 3nodding

well its been in alpha for 2 years :/
Gaia is fun, but not worth paying for personally =/ If it did do that, I'd spit on it and leave.

Maybe it will >.> Is this live thing after beta or something..?
Rhystical
I know they make probally alot on donations and ad's but the bandwith required to run this most be pretty high.

I know. The mere thought of the cash required to keep this site up and running makes me want to cry. ): But things will be okay. They get by with ads and donations.
Foxy Grampa
Gaia is fun, but not worth paying for personally =/ If it did do that, I'd spit on it and leave.

Well there's normally a few alpha stages then a beta stage then it goes Live so I dunno just wondering..
Yeah..they got ads and donations i know they get at least 1000$ a month from donations
=S t a r z=
Yeah..they got ads and donations i know they get at least 1000$ a month from donations

lol hope they get more then that
Rhystical
=S t a r z=

lol hope they get more then that

They get a whole hell of a lot more than that. +_+
with about 10000 daily active users, guessng about half of them donating to gaia every month, on an average of 3 donation letters per user (not counting those users who spend hundreds of dollars) id say that gaia gets more than enough to run the site. thats like 35000 dollars.

guessing 5000 users donate about 7 dollars making 35000. thats a lot. x_x <3

then think about those users that spend like 500 dollars to get like 100+ donation letters. woah.
Rhystical
Foxy Grampa

Well there's normally a few alpha stages then a beta stage then it goes Live so I dunno just wondering..
Gaia will always be free domokun People donate manz! And they'll always donate >.< Because they want the sacred sealed envelope... *o*
Wow...they acctually have made a buisness out of this, even though it's fun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces