Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Aren't some just lovely but they crank them out too soon/fast?

Like I remember awhile ago when Adorkable Bea came out and then the next day, Tumbling, then it just kept coming D: and i couldn't keep up...now it has over 5 recolors I think...

I am so happy that Nom Nom Rawr hasn't had a recolor yet *crossing my fingers for at least 3 days*, if it ever does get one since it was a big hit and sold out so soon~ which gives buyers time to gather more funds to purchase these possible recolors

--

Sooo...spoons~? ; ~ ;

gaia_spoons Do you dislike recolors in general or just the "rapid fire" of how fast they come out?
gaia_spoons Are you thankful that some items you own don't get recolored 24/7 that you probably couldn't keep up with?
gaia_spoons Do you wish Gaia would give us breathers (span of time) before recoloring a popular item?
gaia_spoons Do you think the lack of time to recuperate for buyers between the recolor sales to the originals causes the recolors to sell a lot less/slower?

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

I want an inverted recolor of Nom Nom Rawr.
ninja

Make this happen Gaia.

Edit:
I will say this though, some of the recolors are starting to suck. They're pumping out too many and the quality does start to fail after awhile.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Calelith
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

I want an inverted recolor of Nom Nom Rawr.
ninja

Make this happen Gaia.

Edit:
I will say this though, some of the recolors are starting to suck. They're pumping out too many and the quality does start to fail after awhile.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."
not now gonk do that later. My poor soul

Golden Gawker

>>>: If I was able to buy cash and if I would fall in love with an item,
I would probably be a little frustrated about the fact that they spew out
recolors more often than seagulls steal hot dogs. Like say the wasteland items,
I like those, but if I was a purchaser of the fine goods from the shop I'd
probably be mad because I can't spend all my monies on gaia, and naturally I'd
want a few of the colors and not just the original but I can't buy everything within
the same week! I don't have that kind of money! So yeah, I think they could chill
a bit with recolors or just like... Release an original item, and then a recolor bundle
without the original or something. Idunno... And sorry for the bad language, I'm tired xD

Valiant Jackling

On one hand, I understand the reasoning. On the other, it's just frustrating and boring.

If an item is popular you want to skate along the popularity tend and get as much money out of it as you can. Because if you wait too long the community's desire to have it, as a whole, drops significantly.

We see this in the real world too - when a product becomes massively popular everything is quickly running to make knockoffs. On Gaia, they don't need to worry about product competition, but they do need to feed of the "item frenzy" to maximize profits.

That said, when we see 5+ re-colors in the span of two or three weeks, the item suddenly seem less appealing. Boring even.

Green Fairy

27,450 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I just wish they'd do more recolors (and items in general) in schemes other than:

- red/black
- white so pale you can't even see it and it looks terrible on darker skin tones
- pink, especially when it's also so pale you can hardly tell the difference between that and the white recolor
- monochrome
- teal

I've been happy at some of the Hind of Avalon recolors, that they're actually recoloring that item in greens and browns that seem appropriate for the item as opposed to just the super pale pastels and red/black.

But at least as long as they keep cranking out the recolors in schemes I don't like, I don't have to pay attention to them or wishlist them and then sit there looking longingly at the MP price in the dozens of billions. So that's a plus!

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Deoxtri
>>>: If I was able to buy cash and if I would fall in love with an item,
I would probably be a little frustrated about the fact that they spew out
recolors more often than seagulls steal hot dogs. Like say the wasteland items,
I like those, but if I was a purchaser of the fine goods from the shop I'd
probably be mad because I can't spend all my monies on gaia, and naturally I'd
want a few of the colors and not just the original but I can't buy everything within
the same week! I don't have that kind of money! So yeah, I think they could chill
a bit with recolors or just like... Release an original item, and then a recolor bundle
without the original or something. Idunno... And sorry for the bad language, I'm tired xD
I like the seagulls comment u v u that made me laugh~ but yeah D: i can't buy all of the colors as fast as they're throwing them...mainly the fact that everything is like... $6, $7, $8 >-> which is also annoyingly stupid pricing if you ask me...Gaia doesn't have a $3 or $4 purchase choice so why bother with weird pricing if you don't want to overspend for more than you need to? ;-; but getting back on track, idk~ i'd rather not see recolor bundles Dx 3 recolors of the same item in one...? instead of different release times? i still find that bad :c

Tiny Shapeshifter

Can't say whether frequency bothers me or not. I'm more picky when it comes to how Gaia apply their colors. I mean, I am a big fan of the red/black combo, but if whoever doesn't do it right, I'm not going to bother. This usually happens with poses that takes large portion of the avatar (say, bottom leg mod for example). Bits and pieces like accessories usually get a bit of leeway, but even so, certain color schemes just doesn't work well if it doesn't make sense (say, lilac metallic chains for example).

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Erailea
On one hand, I understand the reasoning. On the other, it's just frustrating and boring.

If an item is popular you want to skate along the popularity tend and get as much money out of it as you can. Because if you wait too long the community's desire to have it, as a whole, drops significantly.

We see this in the real world too - when a product becomes massively popular everything is quickly running to make knockoffs. On Gaia, they don't need to worry about product competition, but they do need to feed of the "item frenzy" to maximize profits.

That said, when we see 5+ re-colors in the span of two or three weeks, the item suddenly seem less appealing. Boring even.

Ehh...but they're pixels ,~, they're bound to still be adored if you give consumers time~ that's just my opinion. Such as the March collection, Batty March sold well even though its remakes and recolors were done awhiles ago ;-; still going too...periodically anyway (i find the march collection to be more manageable if i were to be pumping in cash to the site every 2 weeks or so like i used to)...derp...i forget if i make sense, oh well! ;o;

Trash Hellraiser

36,190 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bold Glow 150
There needs to be more green, brown, or purple recolors, but I also feel like they're putting out way too many recolors way too often. I like that some items I otherwise wouldn't care about become interesting once they've got some colors I like, but it feels like they're releasing a ton everyday. Even if they're not releasing them everyday, it sure feels like it.

Valiant Jackling

Cyrus Farre
Erailea

Ehh...but they're pixels ,~, they're bound to still be adored if you give consumers time~ that's just my opinion. Such as the March collection, Batty March sold well even though its remakes and recolors were done awhiles ago ;-; still going too...periodically anyway (i find the march collection to be more manageable if i were to be pumping in cash to the site every 2 weeks or so like i used to)...derp...i forget if i make sense, oh well! ;o;

On the other hand, you have items like the Beyond series which has lost steam. The bundles used to sell for $35+ (I seem to remember at least one of them being $50). The last one sold for $25. Either Gaia decided to be nice a give a good discount without noting it as such, or people just aren't as interested anymore.

With new mods coming out every day that's not too surprising. For the time being the March series is somewhat unique in it's leg pose. Once a slew of other items come out with it, though, we might see it's desirability slip, just as it has with the Beyond series (there are soooooo many leg mods that look like those!)

Demonic Lover

I don't know, I guess it helps I only go for a narrow selection of color combos: black & white, black & copper/gold (Rosamund's), off black & off white.

I also go for some Teddy March colored items, but not that often O: back to the point I don't get collecting every single color/variation of an item x ox so recolors don't bother me, I only patiently wait for them to get to a color I like enough XD I'm still waiting for an Adorkable Bea/Doki Doki with caramel godina blonde hair, and for that shade to be included in the "special" recolors of the hairstyle CIs, that Conjuring for example uo u <3 delicious.

Dangerous Genius

I love recolors! Unfortunately, Gaia never makes recolors in my favorite shade of blue. The most recent Garage Band and Wasteland are basically the first time they've done popular items in a color I actually use. There's also a distinct lack of good purple and green recolors, though the shade they used for that Beyond Royal was great.

So uh, temptation level is pretty low for like 90% of the recolors Gaia puts out.

Shadowy Loiterer

“Today the city, tomorrow the world.”
"Tomorrow the world, and - " he calculated quickly,

It does feel like they pump them out too frequently, but I guess for some more recolours the better as someone will find a use of it in a different colour.

"on Friday the universe! Good, that leaves the weekend free..."

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Recolors are hit/miss for me. Mostly miss because
A) it's the same damn frilly item #2343048309802 in varying shades of creme/bland brown/pink/flat black/red that can't decide if it's pink or red
B) see A

A lot of the recolors that involve monochrome piss me off because statistically they look absolutely atrocious if you sport a darker skin tone. So even if I like the item, chances are it will look terrible on me.

some of the rainbow ticket recolors have been really neat, as well as some of the gold shop items, but after seeing recolor of DJs or NHB or Halo for the 23048234092830 time it gets really boring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff