Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Explorer

As much as some people would love to see the Zurg return to Gaia, and some Zurg left behind to get more spotlight-coughFlarncough-, I think another alien race that some may or may not be familiar with might be making their return to our lovely little planet, before the Zurg decide to revisit us. I'm talking about the Vylons; the hostile music-hating extraterrestrials who showed up from the far ends of the galaxy, once before, in the Famestar Hero CI, to try and destroy us and our precious music.
Quote:
Stage 3 Complete!
User Image
The performance was so awesome, the Vylons heard it in the cold vacuum of space. Somehow.
Too bad they're one of those evil aliens that hate everything about music. The dreaded Vylon
armada descends and issues an ultimatum: stop ALL music in the world, or be destroyed!

Failed to Save the World....
User Image
The Vylons were not impressed at the performance and decided to continue attacking
your world anyways. Click below to claim your item before they blow that up too.

My assumption of their inevitable return is based off the beginning of Song of Amour's beginning story.
Quote:
Faith is a well known singer, and her fans pay huge sums of money and travel around the world just for the chance to hear her voice. Her boss, however, is extremely strict and protective, and maintains a rigid schedule to protect her. He's worried that her beautiful voice will lure the most unwanted of people.
of course, since it's likely a Valentine's Day REI, based off the item's name, and now, the manager who could likely have a love interest in Faith, which might explain his jealous posessiveness and need to protect her, I can't imagine anything more romantic than him having to try and fend off an angry armada of Vylons who send their way back to Gaia, drawn by Faith's music, and try to annihilate her.

Thieving Lunatic

...Awesome. I'd love to see some aliens that weren't as... generically alien as the Zurg. This thread reminds me once again that GCD theories are always way more interesting than what the plot's actually going to be. I'd say that GCDers should write the plot, but I think that we'd end up with something that looked suspiciously like slash fanfic.

Distinct Explorer

Akiralta
...Awesome. I'd love to see some aliens that weren't as... generically alien as the Zurg. This thread reminds me once again that GCD theories are always way more interesting than what the plot's actually going to be. I'd say that GCDers should write the plot, but I think that we'd end up with something that looked suspiciously like slash fanfic.
maybe Gaia can do an alien design contest (and they should, since they adamantly refuse to bring back the Zurg), which seems more likely than having the users write the plot for them.

Smitten Pumpkin

Gah, I love aliens. heart It would be awesome to have some more plots with classic sci-fi elements like that (and like the Grombies and other zombies). I'd love a return of the Zurg, too, but I've read that it's been confirmed they won't (I don't have sources, lol).

Anyway, users do come up with some very appealing theories.

Edited to add:
Fractale
Akiralta
maybe Gaia can do an alien design contest (and they should, since they adamantly refuse to bring back the Zurg), which seems more likely than having the users write the plot for them.

Yessss, please!!!

Questionable Mage

even better if Faith is actually a hypnotic-voiced alien luring humans to their death, the forerunner of the invasion of her kind. Her manager sacrifices himself for his doomed, tragic love, thereby causing the subjugation of Gaia.

...that will never happen. sad

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Erinnerung
even better if Faith is actually a hypnotic-voiced alien luring humans to their death, the forerunner of the invasion of her kind. Her manager sacrifices himself for his doomed, tragic love, thereby causing the subjugation of Gaia.

...that will never happen. sad

Oh god if this REI is just one big Macross reference I will spaz out. For real.

On topic, I'm okay with aliens staying out of the plot/holiday events if it means they flesh out the other races more. When was the last time we had an imp or an orc around, hm? What about centaurs and mermaids? Gaia has a klepto, Pokemon-trainer like need to include every fantastical animal and being in its world but never goes beyond a more Navi-esque all caps "HEY! LOOK! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LOOK! LOOK! HEY!"

Undead Enchantress

If not those aliens, maybe the ones from zOMG?

Interstellar Explorer

All I can say is that the Zurg won't return in the story (comic plot I guess), Uncle Kenny confirmed that. From zOMG... who knows.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't miss them. I found the Zurg as boring and uninspired in design as could ever have been possible, with all the king's men working on a boring thing. sweatdrop Literally did not stray even slightly from the absolute most drugstore-brand archetype. I expected much more.

Anyway.
An alien race could certainly be worked with. As for whether it will be, I have more doubts than a doubt factory, but there IS potential.

Thieving Lunatic

Fractale
Akiralta

That'd be pretty cool. If CrosStitch is any indication, users come up with a much wider variety of designs than Gaia artists do.

Stubborn Gifter

That would be interesting to see it happen. However, some people assumed that The Song of Amour is going to be angelic/demonic theme; therefore, someone to represent demonic will appear in the item.

... Ten bucks say that someone is wishing Mephisto to make a cameo appearance. >>;

Tenacious Hellhound

Oh, yeaahh... I forgot about those.
I wouldn't mind fighting them.

We're still going on a "moon god comes back" plot thing right now, right? I have been a bit out of sync lately, no idea if the plot moved an inch.

Distinct Explorer

Hell_Tutor
Oh, yeaahh... I forgot about those.
I wouldn't mind fighting them.

We're still going on a "moon god comes back" plot thing right now, right? I have been a bit out of sync lately, no idea if the plot moved an inch.
well, yeah, we do have that ongoing plot, already, but I was predicting the REI plot, which is completely separate from the main, canon plot, as we all know XD

maybe, though, since Gaia doesn't plan on bringing back the Zurg, we'll get to see the Vylons inserted in the main plot, once the whole Gambino/ gods/ titan, Luca/ Nyx/ Sen/ Seer stuff is over. It's been dragging on for a few years now, so maybe it'll end soon, and we'll get some sci-fi back.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          Honestly I do not have a strong allegiance to any alien race, if the staff reincorporated any alien species into the plot (with achievements?!) I would be a happy camper. But for continuity, it would be nice if they utilized a preexisting race.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Awh. I was hoping for Zurg.

I'm that guy. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff