Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Dabbler

Because a lot of Alchemists have bought Gaia Cash, you may be confused if you got the new offer for "first time Cash buyers" of a Teal Bonus Box if you buy $5 of Gaia Cash.

In the GCD, siskataya says there was a glitch that sent out the PM to more people than intended. But she also says that if you got the PM, it's okay to get the box.

Her post is half-way down the first page of this thread:

A Special Bonus for First Time Gaia Cash Buyers

Should we also discuss how this will help/hurt the current cache inflation?

--------------------------------------------
This topic was moved out of the Gaia Alchemy Forum to GCD.
This has happened twice now with topics I created that were concerned with (okay, critical of) how a new Gaia cash initiative would affect Alchemy. While I understand that it's a more general topic that just "how Alchemy works", I believe that forum moderators should understand that people involved in particular activities on Gaia don't always want to move off to another forum to talk about these more general topics. It's the equivalent of saying "don't talk with each other about the company's stock price at your cubicals if you're working on software, go down to the cafeteria instead." Even if the stock is plummeting and that might affect whether the new project gets cancelled.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Considering Sisky mentioned that it is ok to use mules to get the box, this is going to increase inflation not only in alchemy, but all over the mp. I feel like I've chosen the wrong time to decide to level up. Now I have to deal with these prices, and they're only getting worse.

Dangerous Dabbler

Baby Banirabu
Considering Sisky mentioned that it is ok to use mules to get the box, this is going to increase inflation not only in alchemy, but all over the mp. I feel like I've chosen the wrong time to decide to level up. Now I have to deal with these prices, and they're only getting worse.

Just checked what was said: it's okay to use mules if the mule got the PM. Essentially, if the account got the PM, the person holding the account can use it regardless of whether or not they bought G-Cash before or if they've already gotten the box on a different account.

So if you create a bunch of new mules, you still need to wait to see if they get the PM before you can get 500k on them.

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
So my question is... Which of the 3 choices is more profitable? The 500k immediately, or a chance for more from the 3 CI (however, we have to wait for it to sell, hope not a lot of it is handed out so prices wouldn't be driven down, etc etc)?

Dangerous Dabbler

piggyzhou
So my question is... Which of the 3 choices is more profitable? The 500k immediately, or a chance for more from the 3 CI (however, we have to wait for it to sell, hope not a lot of it is handed out so prices wouldn't be driven down, etc etc)?

Someone said it's not random, it's just 3 of the last RIG. So there would be a lot of those showing up, I'd think. xd

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Cimeara
piggyzhou

Someone said it's not random, it's just 3 of the last RIG. So there would be a lot of those showing up, I'd think. xd
For some reason I thought it's random, derp! But this got me to think about what mules I might have. I just found out about a really old account I used to have O_O But I can't remember what email I registered it under to get my password. Second derp!

Oh and I got the PM, but my sister didn't so... Weird :

Dangerous Dabbler

piggyzhou
Cimeara
piggyzhou

For some reason I thought it's random, derp! But this got me to think about what mules I might have. I just found out about a really old account I used to have O_O But I can't remember what email I registered it under to get my password. Second derp!

Sisky said they're still rolling it out so your sister might get it yet.

I'm beginning to be very very glad I finished my Erebus Moon before this...

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Cimeara
piggyzhou
Cimeara
piggyzhou

Oh did you? Congratulations!! ^___^!

I just checked her account, nope she still didn't get the PM :X So weird! Did you get it?

Dangerous Dabbler

piggyzhou
Cimeara

Oh did you? Congratulations!! ^___^!

I just checked her account, nope she still didn't get the PM :X So weird! Did you get it?

Yep, I got the PM and both of my mule accounts did too.

It's actually not an outrageous amount of gold for the cash. It's what I'd consider the "standard exchange rate" of 1000 x cash amount in pennies = Gaia gold. Sometimes you can get more from a special item, but you can almost always get that rate from either cash shop items or the cash-based fish (dolphins, mini-monsters, etc.). It's just that seeing the amount of gold ("half a million!" ) is going to attract a lot more people ("hey, only $5!" ) who didn't realize they could get that before (yeah, okay, exactly what Gaia wanted), and those are just the people who are likely to spend too much in the marketplace and cause yet more inflation (most definitely not what the rest of us want). *sigh*

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
People are ridiculous! Spending willy-nilly like that instead of doing any kind of penny pinching. I refuse to pay those higher prices going on the mp right now. Paper and flowers too. It's just not right. It's unfair to those with very little gold and cannot buy gCash.

It put a damper on my ever making my crown anytime soon. After the Baos and the Biancamella/Minthemella/Glacemella... I am done. (and no, I WILL NOT buy Aquamarine caches for 200K! I wont buy Diamond caches for 300K either)

Dangerous Dabbler

Nyadriel
People are ridiculous! Spending willy-nilly like that instead of doing any kind of penny pinching. I refuse to pay those higher prices going on the mp right now. Paper and flowers too. It's just not right. It's unfair to those with very little gold and cannot buy gCash.

It put a damper on my ever making my crown anytime soon. After the Baos and the Biancamella/Minthemella/Glacemella... I am done. (and no, I WILL NOT buy Aquamarine caches for 200K!)

It's very tough on people who simply can't buy the cash. Gaia keeps saying "oh but there are so many other ways to make gold" ... yes, but they take LOTS more time than using cash. And, yes, there are some ways to make Gaia cash without buying it, but again it's a lot of time for not as much return as it would take to keep up with the inflation.

I've heard some of the inflation was from people who scored a lot of gold from buying special items in the summer sale, who then felt free to just throw gold at Alchemy and buy whatever they needed at whatever price they found. Alchemy's always been a matter of time vs. money, i.e., if you play it slow and plan, you can build things for much less gold, but some people have no patience. Especially if they're sitting on extra millions from selling something pricey.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Cimeara
Nyadriel

It put a damper on my ever making my crown anytime soon. After the Baos and the Biancamella/Minthemella/Glacemella... I am done. (and no, I WILL NOT buy Aquamarine caches for 200K!)

It's very tough on people who simply can't buy the cash. Gaia keeps saying "oh but there are so many other ways to make gold" ... yes, but they take LOTS more time than using cash. And, yes, there are some ways to make Gaia cash without buying it, but again it's a lot of time for not as much return as it would take to keep up with the inflation.

I've heard some of the inflation was from people who scored a lot of gold from buying special items in the summer sale, who then felt free to just throw gold at Alchemy and buy whatever they needed at whatever price they found. Alchemy's always been a matter of time vs. money, i.e., if you play it slow and plan, you can build things for much less gold, but some people have no patience. Especially if they're sitting on extra millions from selling something pricey.

Thing is

Playing those games only increases the amount of gold into the system as people try to keep up with inflation. And during a purchases in the mp, 98% of that gets passed from one had to another. Or if they go to the exchange and do trades, NO money is taken out at all cause... no tax.

That is why we need more and bigger gold sinks. This deal with the teal box is also not good because... more gold into the system.

It is bad all around.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

All the mules I have that I haven't bought GC on have gotten the PM
So I think it's just any account that hasn't had GC bought on it, which can easily be abused.

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Cimeara
Nyadriel

Now THAT explains a lot of what's going on around the summer sale timeframe. I haven't noticed non-Alchemy items inflating in price, but Caches? It's like there was an overnight blackhole for them.

Omnipresent Poster

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Senpai's Notice 100
The base and the movement...

Maybe it's because I didn't dabble too extensively in alchemy, but why would this cause inflation to the point where it would affect alchemy? I'm not doubting it is, I can see with the price of the cache increasing ~50k. I'm just curious how. From a holistic point of view.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces