Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Tricky Cat

Sir Black Tea
Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

Everyone is able/capable to make/earn gold.

If you can draw, you have the ability to sell art.
If you are friendly/pretty, you can sell signs.
If you have a computer, you can play ZOMG, HoC and Booty Grab
If you haven't any flash, you can post, bump, poll-whore, arena-whore and merchant for gold.

There are plenty of ways to earn gold-- if this item were released....3-4 years ago, it'd probably never cross the 500k line just because there weren't ways to make gold like we have now.

Just because it provides an OPTION to avatar customization doesn't mean everybody deserves "easy access" as people are trying to imply it deserves. It's an option, not a neccessity. Back-wings are an option. Old, expensive EIs are an option. SDPlus Dolls are an option (but they provide eyes/faceS!! option.)

Salon Durem supplies hairs.
Items in general supply hairs.
Agape is just an accessory/tool/add-on.

iPads/Phones dont come with all of the games for free- you buy them
Sometimes the apps are free- for a limited time. Don't make it in time? Pay up.

It's not elitist to say "this item is an item, and if you want it, you save up for it-- just like every other ******** item."
2 Mil isn't a lot compared to other items. Yes it's a lot to newbs.

My college education is a lot. Still needs to be paid for and earned.

Is it elitist to say that shouldnt be free to everyone as well? That your education should be paid for?

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
IDS Wheatley
I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?
100% Impossible since Agape doesnt actually cut hair, it hides a layer.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Luboticus
Aprinn
Luboticus
Two million gold, really, is nothing. I WOULD suggest that it is going to climb, so if you want one, I'd consider it a 'priority' quest.

I don't know why people think they can demand items be given to them for free just because they don't want to work for them. They'd shoot their own real-world profits in the foot if they did that with every item, and for what? So entitled people on the Internet can have a pretty collaboration of pixels to play with, that they'll probably tire of in a week because let's face it, that's what we do with items.

I sometimes wonder if people feel insulted at the idea of working toward a goal. Does this work for them in other areas of life? Simply demand something they want, and they get it? Do they think that because it is a digital item that somehow that doesn't apply, and there's no 'value' attached to their demand?

'Benign', by the by, means favorable (or non-metastatic/cancerous, when referencing tumours). A better word would be 'malignant', however, I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea of inflation being a negative thing, and this coming from someone who just lost something in the region of eight million in item deflation in the last month alone. If there's no flux and wane of item prices, the entire economy stagnates, and I could go into greater depth on that but I'd be going spectacularly off-topic.

So, yes, tl:dr; terrible idea, won't happen.

I just about love every single one of your posts. for ******** sake. Why do you do this to me!? gonk

Seriously, if you do the math its easy to buy an agape.
1. CS -> Gold. Its 20 bucks when a new rig comes out for 2mil.
2. Booty Slappan. What's the cap? 150k or something. I can make 50k in an hour (or lol, get a minimum wage job, get 700k in an hour's worth of money) get an alt and thats 300k a day?
Thats less than 10 days of solid "work" (sliding your mouse left and right.)
3 Merchanting. Buy a bunch of items now while theyre deflating ( see: rosamunds revenge, masquerade) and sell them when theyre out of the cash shop.

Its
not
hard.

Play gaia, get "paid" for playing, then PLAY WITH THE ITEMS YOU JUST PLAYED FOR.

^@Thread, not you Lob.

You like all my posts because I'm a badass. emotion_dealwithit

On a more philosophical level, I feel really bad for people who feel this way about things. Anything, really. If someone wants something enough, they really SHOULD want to work for it. The intrinsic value it adds to the conquest is easy to see in other areas of life. I know which is more valuable to me, vis-a-vis the little public speaking trophy in my cabinet vs. my favourite pair of boots. It's the trophy because, god damnit, I put the hard yards in for that little shiny b*****d. I proved to myself I could do it. I gained skills, and I feel like a 'richer' person for having truly busted my a** to earn something.

This goes double for the 'big' quests. If a set of 03s just appeared in my inventory, I'm not sure they'd hold the same worth to me as if I'd ground my fingers into nubs booty-grabbing that level of gold. I'd probably feel more inclined to give them away, because I'd feel like I hadn't earned them...
I posted almost this EXACT same thing in another thread because people were crying out that they wanted Agape and Lovely Lucie to be re-released. I was appalled that they felt so entitled to somethings that were CHEAP for ages after being re-released, and yet they still didnt get them because they wanted them to be cheaper. 500k for Agape and 2.5 mil for Lovely Lucie was a practical "give away" price for those items, and yet they just sat there and did not want to work for them. I feel that people dont want to really work for any desired items, that they just want them to be re-released so that theyd be cheaper. But, in reality, many items are expensive because 2 reasons: 1. There arent many, so they remain pricey (like with RIG pets, whose prices simply decrease when rereleased because it kinda evens out) 2. because an item is very much wanted and is a commodity and the price either quickly or slowly rises because there isnt enough supply to keep up with demand, even after rerelease. Agape has been released in three forms (first, second, third gen) and was even available for LONG periods of time (second gen was there for a while and the 3rd gen bundle kinda just sat there) and yet they still did not feel encouraged enough to buy those items at the time. In all honesty, unless you joined AFTER those items had left the CS you have no grounds to complain, especially since they were cheap for so long.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
sometimesalways
You know, it's kind of impressive that even with a re-release this item is still commanding a price of 2million.

It would be nice if that pose was available alone. It's the only reason I own it. It's not gonna happen though. I could possibly see another bundle with every Sainte Ciel item in it but that single pose? Nah.

I wonder if the artist who made the Ciels realized what they did when they added such a revolutionary pose to Agape. It basically double the number of wigs Sal can wear.
When Custom Cut was released there was a pose that did something similar: The red scarf item did not give you a scarf, instead a failure in coding had it so that the sleeves of all shirts would be removed, taking away those layers. If they decided to keep that pose, I think Custom Cut would be up there with Agape, since it effectively doubles all shirts on Gaia.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Kiyoura
sometimesalways
You know, it's kind of impressive that even with a re-release this item is still commanding a price of 2million.

It would be nice if that pose was available alone. It's the only reason I own it. It's not gonna happen though. I could possibly see another bundle with every Sainte Ciel item in it but that single pose? Nah.

I wonder if the artist who made the Ciels realized what they did when they added such a revolutionary pose to Agape. It basically double the number of wigs Sal can wear.

@ the bolded part. It is. .___. If that was the only pose available on an item, it'd probably be able to sell for a lot, too. In this case, the demand for the scissors trumps the supply. It'd be one of those gold shop items that everyone wants and if it were a gold shop item, everyone would buy it.
I feel bad for people (like myself) who actually LIKE Agapes armour poses and want more than one for an outfit xD
I Had more than one at multiple points but always sold them because the prices are tempting.

Rare

Lapin Lequesne
Sir Black Tea
Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

Everyone is able/capable to make/earn gold.

If you can draw, you have the ability to sell art.
If you are friendly/pretty, you can sell signs.
If you have a computer, you can play ZOMG, HoC and Booty Grab
If you haven't any flash, you can post, bump, poll-whore, arena-whore and merchant for gold.

There are plenty of ways to earn gold-- if this item were released....3-4 years ago, it'd probably never cross the 500k line just because there weren't ways to make gold like we have now.

Just because it provides an OPTION to avatar customization doesn't mean everybody deserves "easy access" as people are trying to imply it deserves. It's an option, not a neccessity. Back-wings are an option. Old, expensive EIs are an option. SDPlus Dolls are an option (but they provide eyes/faceS!! option.)

Salon Durem supplies hairs.
Items in general supply hairs.
Agape is just an accessory/tool/add-on.

iPads/Phones dont come with all of the games for free- you buy them
Sometimes the apps are free- for a limited time. Don't make it in time? Pay up.

It's not elitist to say "this item is an item, and if you want it, you save up for it-- just like every other ******** item."
2 Mil isn't a lot compared to other items. Yes it's a lot to newbs.

My college education is a lot. Still needs to be paid for and earned.

Is it elitist to say that shouldnt be free to everyone as well? That your education should be paid for?

You are really going to compare a college education which costs thousands to an item on a website that you could get for $20? That alone shows how little grounding your argument has.

Yes, I have option to ******** pollwhore at 14g a click for as long as I'd like. At the same time, I don't have hours upon hours to waste doing just that. Plus, I legitimately don't think the item is worth two million, and would not pay that price.

And also? The salon supplies hair for under 20k at most. An item that is so accessible and usable shouldn't be that much. Trust me, it's not that I'm so stupid as to not know how to manipulate a market, it's just not worth doing.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Cheapskate Bruce
I think it's more reasonable to ask for a re-release of Agape = Agape without the price tag of 2M.

That way it keeps everyone happy sweatdrop

edit: this thread might have been better received in suggestions or feedback over GCD - just sayin'
Even with a re-re-release it would skyrocket again, people REALLY fail to see WHY this item is so coveted and that its supply will never keep up with demand xD

Stellar Succubus

Sir Black Tea
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

Don't get me wrong, I was utterly thrilled when they brought it out, and was glad to be able to have $5 I could spend on it.

But I would like to see more available. The SC Agape is a nice item in it's own right, aside from the scissors pose, so even though it's price would drop with a remake, I think it's something that would be great in a much cheaper alternative.

I'm still thinking about a Masquerade Redux though. Might have to make some recolours of what I'm thinking of smile

I think a re-release will work best as a consumable item in the salon.

As in... if you want your hairstyle cut, you pay 5k for the potion that does it.

That way, everyone can access it, it fulfills a gold sink purpose, and isn't an item someone can keep, so for those that want to have the item permanently, they can save up for it. If they don't want it all the time, just casually, they can pay per cut.

This way, the SC Agape will retain it's value as an item, because it's the permanent 'keep forever' version of a great idea!

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapsis Stella
I hate seeing this subject cropping up every once in awhile. Gaia is not going to release something like that into the GS.

There were plenty of opportunities to pick up a Sainte Ciel: Agape. You had the first generation, but no one knew that the scissors were going to crop up until the final evolution. But then you had the second generation in the GS for weeks. They were fairly cheap in the MP, going for about 500k or less if I'm remembering right. So when they left, the supply and demand went up with the item as more people joined and realized what the scissors.

So then people made a fuss about how expensive they were and were released a third time. They were low again at that time as well, selling for close to 300k I believe.

And what's 2mil these days anyways? Anyone can come up with that kind of gold with the resources given, especially with HoC, Booty Grab, and ZOMG. You can cap out on those three everyday and have the gold in practically no time. That's the problem these days, everyone is demanding a cheaper alternative instead of actually questing for an item.

I hope they never release it ever again. It's not that bad of a price tag and easily obtainable like I stated. Some people are just too lazy to work towards items. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who couldn't pick one up when they were a member of Gaia when the scissors were released.
This, I even know of new users who join the site and immediately learn to make millions of gold. This site offers so much gold that we need events to get rid of that gold. Earning gold isnt /too/ hard, you just actually need to try.
My aunt only plays Gaia casually and booty grabs and buys/sells items and has become richer than many other Gaians in a span of two years.

Rare

VVhip
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

Don't get me wrong, I was utterly thrilled when they brought it out, and was glad to be able to have $5 I could spend on it.

But I would like to see more available. The SC Agape is a nice item in it's own right, aside from the scissors pose, so even though it's price would drop with a remake, I think it's something that would be great in a much cheaper alternative.

I'm still thinking about a Masquerade Redux though. Might have to make some recolours of what I'm thinking of smile

As in... if you want your hairstyle cut, you pay 5k for the potion that does it.

That way, everyone can access it, it fulfills a gold sink purpose, and isn't an item someone can keep, so for those that want to have the item permanently, they can save up for it. If they don't want it all the time, just casually, they can pay per cut.

This way, the SC Agape will retain it's value as an item, because it's the permanent 'keep forever' version of a great idea!

This is the solution I want. It's not worth paying through the nose for a lot of unnescessary poses, as well as for something that is so popular that it should be avilable for all.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
VVhip
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

1. Masquerade Redux: Ive been wanting this for ages. More bang shapes, a "broken body" pose to watch the broken face (bruising and blood), and more eye makeup. And, last, lip shapes similar to that of Lovely Lucie and Hazmat Hana. That shape is a pretty useful shape, but the colours it offers are limited. Also our current MAsquerade is missing a few colours, I'd love if they could release a second Masquerade just like the first, except offering varying shades of colour. (so two new types of masq?)

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
VVhip
If it were in the cash shop it'd still raise in price due to the usefulness of the pose and desirability.

The bitching if it were a gold item would be endless. Yep, I own an SC Agape. I wouldn't really care if it dropped in value since I will never sell it and I paid cash for it.

I think it could happen. The SC Agape isn't just the scissors pose, there are other poses to it.

Of course it would devalue it, but it's a cash shop release, there's no guarantee with those.

I would like to see hair trimming scissors in other items, or a Masquerade Redux style item, myself. Perhaps they can add more eyeliner, in the style of that which is in Little Lucie, and beautiful pouty lips, too!
They should just make Agape a permanent addition to the CS for 1500 or 2000 GC a pop, that way its always there but for a higher price if you REALLY wanted it 8D (or just rerelease it for a limited time at a high price, Im not sympathetic towards people who didnt get it the first three times)

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lapin Lequesne
2. Booty Slappan. What's the cap? 150k or something. I can make 50k in an hour (or lol, get a minimum wage job, get 700k in an hour's worth of money) get an alt and thats 300k a day?

Don't mean to interrupt, but what about the case of not funnelling gold from other accounts into one? I get that you can have other accounts, and they can all earn gold, but I thought it was unacceptable to pass that gold from one account to another?

((But then there's the case of donations, so ... I'll shut up about this, eh?))

Anyway, while I don't see them releasing the pose as a solitary item at a cheaper cost, they may do an alternative item that does the same thing on the pretence of being the Agape scissors, but doing it slightly less.

Or they'll keep doing what they do now, and release occasional items that have / almost have the same effect as the scissors.

My case in point: Winter Snowglobe.

Demonic Lover

The only way I wouldn't complain about this (sorry, but taking a complete pose out of an item and putting it somewhere else doesn't sit right with me, in principle) would be if it was sort of like Little Lucie vs Lovely Lucie, the makeup~ if they made you hold scissors and some thing like maybe some strands on the floor, and it cut your hair, I would be okay with that C: but not the exact pose, that is, the hair cutting without anything added to the avi.

Partying Fatcat

14,750 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Well I don't think it is fair to those who payed "REAL MONEY" to get Sainte Ciel. You snooze you lose Is my motto.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff