Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 40 41 42 >

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Mr WonderfuI
As an Agape owner, I'm kind of torn on this. It'd be awesome to see more people with their own scissors, but if Gaia were to release another item with the exact same function, it'd kind of be a slap to the face to the people who had to save up for their own agape. Then again, Gaia re-releases expensive items all the time. Knock-offs are quite common too. Agape can't really be treated as a normal item because of the scissors, though... Ugh finding a compromise is so difficult x_x
Right now, I think re-releasing Agape should be fine. I kind of want to see what Gaia thinks they should do, though.

Does my post even make sense?

Oy, yeah. I would like to see Gaia rerelease Agape, but I'd rather they not rerelease it as a standalone item. I own Agape, and I don't really care about the value, but I don't want to see it rereleased as a single pose item. If Gaia rereleases the scissors as a single pose item, why not do it with other items? There are a ton of expensive items I only like one pose of, so why give the scissors special treatment? And a knockoff can't exactly be made because the scissors work by removing a layer of the hair, the only way to do a different version of that is if the avatar had to hold or wear a certain item to have the effect. And people would just get mad about that. I say Gaia should just rerelease the scissors every once in a while.

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Agape has already been re released. I bought mine for 400k during the re release. I don't really feel there should be another way to cut hair. That's how the item was released and what it was made for. Sorry you missed your chance to get it cheap, but that doesn't mean it should be re released in any other form, it would cheapen the item which is unfair to those who may have paid full price.

Dapper Cutie-Pie

Yes please, I want this so much. I don't have the Ciel, and the only pose I would use is the scissors. I want to cut the horns and head bow off of my wigs in my Bremen's. It seems silly to have to pay 2 million + to change wigs on an item that costs 150kish.

Dapper Cutie-Pie

Stubbius
Agape has already been re released. I bought mine for 400k during the re release. I don't really feel there should be another way to cut hair. That's how the item was released and what it was made for. Sorry you missed your chance to get it cheap, but that doesn't mean it should be re released in any other form, it would cheapen the item, which is unfair to those who may have paid full price.

Yes but a lot of items with wigs that can be used with the Ciel scissors have come out after that. It seems only fair to allow people to have another way to access those.
@thread Thanks for JACKING UP THE PRICE OF THE ITEM so I can't afford it. cat_talk2hand

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Parity
Stubbius
Agape has already been re released. I bought mine for 400k during the re release. I don't really feel there should be another way to cut hair. That's how the item was released and what it was made for. Sorry you missed your chance to get it cheap, but that doesn't mean it should be re released in any other form, it would cheapen the item, which is unfair to those who may have paid full price.

Yes but a lot of items with wigs that can be used with the Ciel scissors have come out after that. It seems only fair to allow people to have another way to access those.

Then you should have either gotten it when it was re released or stop crying about it and actually save the gold for it. That's all the thread is really about, it's people crying because they can't afford a great item. I have no pity for you if you aren't willing to save up for it. This is honestly like me saying "They should re release Oisin's Blessing because I only want the eyes from it and it's raised 5 mill in 2 years! That's not fair! Or I want an item with only the eyes in it!" That's ridiculous. That's how items on gaia are made. Most of them have more than one pose, they are made that way. So instead of whining about how I only want the eyes and I have to pay 8 mill when I'll only use one pose, I saved up the 8 mill and bought the item.

Lonely Dabbler

I personally don't want a salon version of agape to come out, because if you weren't smart enough to get it during the time they re-released it, it's your own fault. Everyone had a fair chance of saving their money up and buying a 3rd gen. Besides if they were to release a salon version of the scissors, I'm sure the people who have agape solely for the scissors will be mad and want gaia to get rid of that feature from the salon.

I think the best way to go to fixing this issue would be for gaia to come up with another REI that has the scissors or something to cut hair in it. Preferably a male or unisex REI, so men don't feel obligated to being forced to buying a girly REI. This way gaia can make money, people get to have a new REI, and people get the scissors. Seems like the easiest/less confrontational way to fix the scissors issue.

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Bloodspatteredangel
I personally don't want a salon version of agape to come out, because if you weren't smart enough to get it during the time they re-released it, it's your own fault. Everyone had a fair chance of saving their money up and buying a 3rd gen. Besides if they were to release a salon version of the scissors, I'm sure the people who have agape solely for the scissors will be mad and want gaia to get rid of that feature from the salon.

I think the best way to go to fixing this issue would be for gaia to come up with another REI that has the scissors or something to cut hair in it. Preferably a male or unisex REI, so men don't feel obligated to being forced to buying a girly REI. This way gaia can make money, people get to have a new REI, and people get the scissors. Seems like the easiest/less confrontational way to fix the scissors issue.

I agree to an extent. I don't feel like they need to re release it in any other form, but that's just me :]

Dapper Cutie-Pie

Stubbius
Parity
Stubbius

Then you should have either gotten it when it was re released or stop crying about it and actually save the gold for it. That's all the thread is really about, it's people crying because they can't afford a great item. I have no pity for you if you aren't willing to save up for it. This is honestly like me saying "They should re release Oisin's Blessing because I only want the eyes from it and it's raised 5 mill in 2 years! That's not fair! Or I want an item with only the eyes in it!" That's ridiculous. That's how items on gaia are made. Most of them have more than one pose, they are made that way. So instead of whining about how I only want the eyes and I have to pay 8 mill when I'll only use one pose, I saved up the 8 mill and bought the item.

I am not crying about it, there is no need for you to be rude. Also Oisin doesn't have an effect on any other item. So the comparison doesn't apply.

Invisible Elder

In the case of an item like this I could certainly support another re-release/alternative if the supply suddenly vanished from circulation. However, with the multiple re-releases under its belt, and the fact that it's regularly available in the MP makes me unwilling to readily agree with an easier alternative no matter what price the market is set at.

It's up to the individual player to decide whether or not an item is worth the effort and time it takes to obtain it, no matter what that item is, versatile or not. If they can't justify the work then they need to find their own alternative. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rethink avatars because I didn't think spending money on certain items was worth it.

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Parity
Stubbius
Parity
Stubbius

I am not crying about it, there is no need for you to be rude. Also Oisin doesn't have an effect on any other item. So the comparison doesn't apply.

I'm not being rude. Sorry you took it that way. And they're both items with multiple poses that people normally only use for one pose, therefore they're a lot alike :] Sadly, I didn't think to buy it when it was only 5 mill, and I saved up and paid 8 mill for it. Therefore, if you didn't think to buy agape when it was re released for 400k, then you should save up 2.8 mill for it. biggrin What's fair is fair. Gaia isn't just going to re release an item or another version of an item just because it's high in demand, That's why items inflate in price. That's the economy, that is supply and demand.

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lunatic Lace
In the case of an item like this I could certainly support another re-release/alternative if the supply suddenly vanished from circulation. However, with the multiple re-releases under its belt, and the fact that it's regularly available in the MP makes me unwilling to readily agree with an easier alternative no matter what price the market is set at.

It's up to the individual player to decide whether or not an item is worth the effort and time it takes to obtain it, no matter what that item is, versatile or not. If they can't justify the work then they need to find their own alternative. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rethink avatars because I didn't think spending money on certain items was worth it.

I agree :] If the item completely vanishes, I agree to an alchemy solution like Gaia has been doing with EI's.

Dapper Cutie-Pie

Stubbius
Parity
Stubbius
Parity
Stubbius

I'm not being rude. Sorry you took it that way. And they're both items with multiple poses that people normally only use for one pose, therefore they're a lot alike :] Sadly, I didn't think to buy it when it was only 5 mill, and I saved up and paid 8 mill for it. Therefore, if you didn't think to buy agape when it was re released for 400k, then you should save up 2.8 mill for it. biggrin What's fair is fair. Gaia isn't just going to re release an item or another version of an item just because it's high in demand, That's why items inflate in price. That's the economy, that is supply and demand.

I know why items inflate. But in this case, it's a special thing since it effects so many other items on the site. I see no harm in having the scissors as a stand alone item. I am sure lots of people bought it for the other options. And I wasn't on Gaia at the time it was any version was released. I have only recently returned.

I am sure when you bought your 3rd gen for 400k or whatever it was the people who owned the 1st and 2nd gens thought it was unfair too. At very least they could do more releases. There are some items that have as many as a dozen releases. So why not this.

I never have a problem with a re-release of an item if it means more people can have it and enjoy it. I don't care about the current worth of my stuff. If someone gets the same thing for less, then great they got lucky. We all get things for higher or lower prices than other people, so it evens out.

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Parity
Stubbius
Parity
Stubbius
Parity
Stubbius

I know why items inflate. But in this case, it's a special thing since it effects so many other items on the site. I see no harm in having the scissors as a stand alone item. I am sure lots of people bought it for the other options. And I wasn't on Gaia at the time it was any version was released. I have only recently returned.

I am sure when you bought your 3rd gen for 400k or whatever it was the people who owned the 1st and 2nd gens thought it was unfair too. At very least they could do more releases. There are some items that have as many as a dozen releases. So why not this.

I never have a problem with a re-release of an item if it means more people can have it and enjoy it. I don't care about the current worth of my stuff. If someone gets the same thing for less, then great they got lucky. We all get things for higher or lower prices than other people, so it evens out.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And whether or not an item is "special" is completely up to an individual user. If YOU feel the item is special, then you need to determine if it's worth the price it currently stands at. If Gaia re releases an EI it's normally one extra release. That's how it's been since 06 when I became a user. We were lucky that they even chose that one to re release because they don't do it with every EI. And yes, I know re releases can suck for those who purchased the item, but at least gaia only normally does it once with EI's. And I don't need to mention how the price whet shooting back up anyways, so I'm sure they weren't too devastated. I highly doubt Gaia will re release it or a version of the scissors, that's a huge slap in the face to anyone who was smart enough to get it the first or second time around (which we were lucky enough to even get).

Dapper Cutie-Pie

Stubbius

We'll have to agree to disagree. And whether or not an item is "special" is completely up to an individual user. If YOU feel the item is special, then you need to determine if it's worth the price it currently stands at. If Gaia re releases an EI it's normally one extra release. That's how it's been since 06 when I became a user. We were lucky that they even chose that one to re release because they don't do it with every EI. And yes, I know re releases can suck for those who purchased the item, but at least gaia only normally does it once with EI's. And I don't need to mention how the price whet shooting back up anyways, so I'm sure they weren't too devastated. I highly doubt Gaia will re release it or a version of the scissors, that's a huge slap in the face to anyone who was smart enough to get it the first or second time around (which we were lucky enough to even get).

I joined in 04, I simply went away for a while. My point is if I own an item, what it's currently worth doesn't matter. I already have it. So if someone else gets it for a higher or lower price, it has nothing to do with me. So I don't really understand why anyone cares unless they are hoarding tons of them to sell later. Everyone knows doing that is a gamble.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff