Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 40 41 42 >

Aged Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
HeIIraiser
PunkRocketteRhi
But you have to admit, even if you BUY a wig you can still have it STYLED by a professional. The concept isn’t THAT nonsensical.

Yes, it is.
If you were to buy a wig and have Vanessa cut it, then that defeats the feature of the agape scissors.

Hence why I'm not asking for the feature to be instated now, as I recognize the backlash that would have on Gaia. I'm saying it would have been one possible way to introduce the feature to Gaia without making it exclusive to one particular item.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
PunkRocketteRhi
HeIIraiser
PunkRocketteRhi
But you have to admit, even if you BUY a wig you can still have it STYLED by a professional. The concept isn’t THAT nonsensical.

Yes, it is.
If you were to buy a wig and have Vanessa cut it, then that defeats the feature of the agape scissors.

Hence why I'm not asking for the feature to be instated now, as I recognize the backlash that would have on Gaia. I'm saying it would have been one possible way to introduce the feature to Gaia without making it exclusive to one particular item.

I wouldn't bother responding to anything Hellraiser says, she has already proven that she is unable to accept any point but her own.

A Snack

I disagree with all of the people saying
the scissors isn't the reason its 2M+
that is exactly the reason.
all this butthurt cause everyone wants to afford a virtual item.

Fashionable Genius

10,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
Slider546
The word "Entitlement" has been used (40) times in this thread.

Many users think that Gaia should create a pose that has the same effect as Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors.

I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil or more for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it.

For those of you who don't know, Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors pose manipulates that furthest back layer of wigs and other hair items, creating the illusion that the hair was "cut".

This is the method that many people use to get rid of long ponytails from hairstyles, or other features of wigs that would mask another item that is equipped.

Thoughts?

Edit:

NOTE

This thread was NOT created so that Agape owners could wage a flame war against the users who are unwilling, unable, or otherwise cannot justify the purchase of Sainte Ciel: Agape.

This thread is for the discussion of the re-release of this pose, and others that are similar to it, in a form that is affordable to many Gaians.

I do want to point out that the scissors were related to the story because many, when choosing to devote themselves to a cause (Mostly religious), will cut their hair. Now while I will agree that a similar item could be sold for cheaper (I can't say much since I was lucky to get one). I would just like to point out that you need to get your facts straight.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Honestly this is the reason that I bought the Saint Ciel: Agape as soon as I realized what the item did. Seeing that it's the only thing on the entire site that mods the hair so drastically without having to actually, you know, buy a new wig, I realized really early on that this item was going to sky rocket in price. It's sad that I didn't even know that it was worth 2mil o-o I think I got mine for like 200-400k or so.

Honestly though, I would be pretty peeved at Gaia if they did release something similar for free in the Salon, or hell even the Cash shop as an exclusive item. That, in the long run, would piss off everyone who has it currently and bought it at whatever price, just because other people bitched and moaned because they didn't want to spend a few hours on the internet playing games or learning the market. I mean seriously. Just because Gaia tries to please with similar hairstyles or similar clothing, you can plainly see they don't make it EXACTLY the same because that'll literally kill their sales on the RIGs they came from. If you really want the damn thing THAT badly, then you'll find a way to get it, not b***h and moan and complain and wait around until it falls out of the sky and (hopefully) crushes you.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
The Witch of the Wood

I do want to point out that the scissors were related to the story because many, when choosing to devote themselves to a cause (Mostly religious), will cut their hair. Now while I will agree that a similar item could be sold for cheaper (I can't say much since I was lucky to get one). I would just like to point out that you need to get your facts straight.

Look through the thread before posting.

Yes, the POSE was written into the story, what we are talking about is that the FUNCTION of the scissors is not related to the story.

This has already been discussed many times.

Smitten Kitten

19,065 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
There have been situations like this in the past. The expensive item owners always get butthurt about the idea of sharing, but the truth is gaia has released loads of replica items and poses through the years. Can't afford something? There's usually something similar for cheaper. It may be a while before it's released, but it does happen. When it does happen everyone forgets there was ever a kerfluffle about it. The expensive item is still coveted and expensive because it's made up of more than one single equip (obvs not the earliest items like gold halo) and meanwhile other users get to join in the fun. Halo is a great example, actually. That was the first item that ever had a war like this. People thought releasing another halo would destroy the integrity of the first one. Total bollocks. We have loads of halo options now. People who want a halo for their costume can find one and be happy, but everyone would still rather have the original.

I don't see why there won't eventually be an item that manipulates the hairstyle layers we wear. There are now loads of items with colored streaks, bangs, additional pony tails, whatever. I remember being thrilled when the monk 'wig' came out so I could be bald but still have eyebrows when wearing complex avatars that hair would have stuck out from. Before that item it was only an option with a specific expensive thing I couldn't afford. I don't even remember what it was now it was that long ago. lol

So yeah, keep suggesting it, hopefully word will spread, we can all vote with our cookies or whatever, and maybe someone will stick it in another item in the future. The people trying to complain about making saint ciel less special wont even notice it happened. And those who say things like 'gaia doesn't have to do anything we should be happy with what we get' are really really weird. Because this site is for us. We are the consumers. They give us things to make us happy and keep us around. By creating more things we like they don't make less money, you can't say it will effect the profits. People still pay more for the expensive things, and now they get loads of addition monies in off the cheaper items too.

example: people pay tons in walmart because it's cheap. they are rich. people already rich pay loads to buy things that are more expensive from smaller shops. money is still flowing. By catering to the rich and the poor they get to cash in twice.

omg this was long.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Slider546
PunkRocketteRhi
HeIIraiser
PunkRocketteRhi

Yes, it is.

I wouldn't bother responding to anything Hellraiser says, she has already proven that she is unable to accept any point but her own.

That's everyone in this thread rolleyes

Idk at the end of the day its a bunch of pixels on a website.

people need to lose the attitude and get over themselves. seriously.

also, the FUNCTION of the scissors is to cut hair to symbolize the devotion Ciel had. saying its not related seems to be a way for you to justify your opinion more. =_=

Unholy Prophet

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As someone who owns and uses the Agape frequently, I'd love to see this.
I dislike having to tie up 2mil into an item just to cut my hair, the price doesn't seem balanced, and I'd love an alternative means to cut my hair that didn't cost as much.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Benateli
Slider546
PunkRocketteRhi
HeIIraiser
PunkRocketteRhi

Yes, it is.

That's everyone in this thread rolleyes

Idk at the end of the day its a bunch of pixels on a website.

people need to lose the attitude and get over themselves. seriously.

also, the FUNCTION of the scissors is to cut hair to symbolize the devotion Ciel had. saying its not related seems to be a way for you to justify your opinion more. =_=

The function of the scissors is to hide the last layer of Hair/Wig items, making it appear as if the hair was "cut".

The SCISSORS were written into the story, not the function of layer manipulation.

Thats like saying:

"Chocolate icing is for cupcakes only, nothing else can have chocolate icing on it"

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I felt the same way about those darn scissors. I thought it would have fit in a lot better with "Custom Cut"

Man-Hungry Vegetarian

As an Agape owner, I'm kind of torn on this. It'd be awesome to see more people with their own scissors, but if Gaia were to release another item with the exact same function, it'd kind of be a slap to the face to the people who had to save up for their own agape. Then again, Gaia re-releases expensive items all the time. Knock-offs are quite common too. Agape can't really be treated as a normal item because of the scissors, though... Ugh finding a compromise is so difficult x_x
Right now, I think re-releasing Agape should be fine. I kind of want to see what Gaia thinks they should do, though.

Does my post even make sense?
Aliareana
I felt the same way about those darn scissors. I thought it would have fit in a lot better with "Custom Cut"

But then Custom Cut would be 2+mil instead of Agape.
o.o
And this thread would still exist, because everyone would have the same issue, except with Custom Cut instead.

Even if they released the scissors on their own, that item would be worth a lot in the MP, unless it was made permanent in one of the shops, or put into the cash shop for a low amount of cash, for an extended period of time.

People keep talking about having the scissors in some other item(s), but once the item(s) left the cash shop, they'd shoot up in price, too, because the scissors are so wanted.

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Eden Lenoirre
Aliareana

But then Custom Cut would be 2+mil instead of Agape.
o.o
And this thread would still exist, because everyone would have the same issue, except with Custom Cut instead.

Even if they released the scissors on their own, that item would be worth a lot in the MP, unless it was made permanent in one of the shops, or put into the cash shop for a low amount of cash, for an extended period of time.

People keep talking about having the scissors in some other item(s), but once the item(s) left the cash shop, they'd shoot up in price, too, because the scissors are so wanted.

True. Wasn't custom cut cheaper in the cash shop though? Maybe it would be more common if it was in a cheaper item like custom cut and the price would be lower. They also could have kept it in the cash shop longer. Still, after paying so much for mine I wouldn't want a duplicate coming out later. They just should have thought it through better.

Big Noob

Aliareana

True. Wasn't custom cut cheaper in the cash shop though? Maybe it would be more common if it was in a cheaper item like custom cut and the price would be lower. They also could have kept it in the cash shop longer. Still, after paying so much for mine I wouldn't want a duplicate coming out later. They just should have thought it through better.
Custom Cut and Sainte Ciel were both REIs and thus priced at 499GC. Both of them came out in REI bundles already so people had second chances to acquire them. Hope for a third time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff