Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Buggy Mage

HeIIraiser
Fire 0ak

If im entitled to anything it would be to item satisfaction. I want Gaia to treat all it's users fairly. They could have remedied the situation by factoring in everyone. That is something that shouldn't be taken lightly either. I would have bought agape by now If there were full outfits a male avatar could use.

The rig's items go along with the storyline.
Sainte Ciel was a girlxgirl storyline.

However, I got my and my boyfriend's Agape's cheap when they were still in the cash shop.
Usually when a popular item that was in the cash shop gets removed the price goes up, this is normal.

Should Gaia be forced to create alternative rig items too because you and other's can't afford them?
No, they shouldn't.

The world, even on the internet is unfair, get used to that.
Gaia nor any other site or corporation shouldn't have to pander to the wants of lazy and cheap people.

Not every pose in the Eros and Agape were strictly female either, so don't even pull that s**t.
There just weren't poses YOU would use, doesn't mean other males wouldn't use the same poses.

The Sainte Ciels did not give Male avatars hair, boots, arms, eyes, or even a top.(maybe the corset could be used in a nuetral fashion but it has a distinctly feminine cut.)

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Fire 0ak
HeIIraiser
Fire 0ak

If im entitled to anything it would be to item satisfaction. I want Gaia to treat all it's users fairly. They could have remedied the situation by factoring in everyone. That is something that shouldn't be taken lightly either. I would have bought agape by now If there were full outfits a male avatar could use.

However, I got my and my boyfriend's Agape's cheap when they were still in the cash shop.
Usually when a popular item that was in the cash shop gets removed the price goes up, this is normal.

Should Gaia be forced to create alternative rig items too because you and other's can't afford them?
No, they shouldn't.

Gaia nor any other site or corporation shouldn't have to pander to the wants of lazy and cheap people.

Not every pose in the Eros and Agape were strictly female either, so don't even pull that s**t.
There just weren't poses YOU would use, doesn't mean other males wouldn't use the same poses.

The Sainte Ciels did not give Male avatars got hair, boots, arms, eyes, or even a top.(maybe it could be used in a nuetral fashion but it has a distintly feminine cut)

Again that's because of the storyline.
Oh hey, let me put an idea out there and have everyone s**t on it.

Seriously guys?
How about a dose of optimism.

Of course it can happen. We complained about wings and got tons of variety on them. We complained about arena and got ZOMG. (Close enough) People complained about those purple eyes that vanished and we got them back. So why not? I am sure if enough people complained, it would happen.

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
Slider546
HeIIraiser

You're saying you WON'T pay for a feature you WANT?
How do you have a right to complain then?

The feature is part of the item.
You don't want the feature bad enough.

You said it yourself, you could have it, but you're not willing to spend your gold on it
Why would an item that cuts any hair, not just gold shop hairs be suitable for the salon?

Are you paying Vanessa for Pale marionette hair?
No, you're not so that idea is completely asinine.

You're right, it isn't that you're lazy, it's that you're unwilling to pay the piper.
You would buy the agape if it was to your own price, because I guess that's how self righteous YOU are. emotion_awesome

I'm not being self righteous, I'm being realistic.
Why wouldn't an item that can cut almost every hair, be worth the price tag?

Because the pose that "cuts" the hair is bound to an item which has inflated simply because it's presence.

Agape does not have any poses that appeal to male avatars, so I choose not to buy it.
However some people actually like Agape for it's other poses, so, now the item's price is the result of the combination of it's initial poses, and the utility of the scissors pose in particular.

If Gaia were smart, they would create at least one alternative to it (maybe a new EI with scissors, or even a bundle of the layer manipulation poses) and release it in the cash shop.

The Gold shop argument was aimed at the function of the pose: Hiding layers
It would be a cost-effective alternative to buying a more permanent solution to "cutting" hair.

Say Salon Durem had the "Trim" option for 50,000 Gold, it would provide the same effect that Agape's scissors do, but the effect would go away each time the avatar's hair/wig was changed, removed, or re-saved.

They could do the same thing with the cash shop, put the "Trim" option there for 99 Cash, and there would be quite a bit of money in it for them.

This would maintain the current appeal of Agape for it's permanent effect, while also providing an alternative for less well-off users.

tl;dr Alternatives should be available.

That hair cut idea is actually pretty good!

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
HeIIraiser

See there's a slight problem in your idea.
If this trim option were available it would completely defeat the purpose of the agape scissors, even if the trim option was temporary, it still defeats the purpose, Gaia would stir up a s**t storm if they tried this, it's not smart or cost effective, it would add to more than 2mil over time.

Why would you want to gold sink over 2mil when you can have permanent hair cutting anytime you want it?

That would be a decision that the user would have to make, either save your money for the ability to maintain the effect, or if you don't plan on removing the Wig/Hair just use the temporary one.

I don't quite understand where your coming from with "its not smart or cost effective", all users have different demands for their avi, it just comes down to personal preference.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Slider546
HeIIraiser

If this trim option were available it would completely defeat the purpose of the agape scissors, even if the trim option was temporary, it still defeats the purpose, Gaia would stir up a s**t storm if they tried this, it's not smart or cost effective, it would add to more than 2mil over time.

Why would you want to gold sink over 2mil when you can have permanent hair cutting anytime you want it?

That would be a decision that the user would have to make, either save your money for the ability to maintain the effect, or if you don't plan on removing the Wig/Hair just use the temporary one.

I don't quite understand where your coming from with "its not smart or cost effective", all users have different demands for their avi, it just comes down my personal preference.

Nice try on editing, but you totally just said your own preference which brings me back to the point.

Your preference, not the users.
You, you just said MY.

Meaning ******** the others, it's all about me.
emotion_dealwithit

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Pikameu

That hair cut idea is actually pretty good!

I can't take all the credit, I've simply combined the ideas that I've seen in this thread into one cohesive solution, it will be up to Gaia to make any real headway with this.

I do plan to introduce this at the next AtA, if I can get online when it happens.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
HeIIraiser
Slider546
HeIIraiser

I don't quite understand where your coming from with "its not smart or cost effective", all users have different demands for their avi, it just comes down my personal preference.

Nice try on editing, but you totally just said your own preference which brings me back to the point.

Your preference, not the users.
You, you just said MY.

Meaning ******** the others, it's all about me.
emotion_dealwithit

Wow, it's really sad that you have to try to defend yourself by making up lies.

It never said my, you just added that to my post.

I can do it too, all it takes is [quote.][/quote.] with the users name.

For instance:

Hellraiser
I am a liar

Nice try though. smile

I would be happy to get a Moderator to screenshot my Post/Edit history if it makes you feel any better.

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
It's silly to argue this much over pixels.

As long as they find a solution that won't really deflate the item, I'm okay with it.
I remember when Cat Faces came out people screamed (including me) that it wasn't fair such an amusing item was so expensive and given out for free in the dumpster dive to lucky people. They didn't release more of it, instead they made similar items, and I was happy with that.

I think that's how they should deal with this.
Just no item clone plz, unless it's temporary like the salon idea.

Buggy Mage

Pikameu
It's silly to argue this much over pixels.

As long as they find a solution that won't really deflate the item, I'm okay with it.
I remember when Cat Faces came out people screamed (including me) that it wasn't fair such an amusing item was so expensive and given out for free in the dumpster dive to lucky people. They didn't release more of it, instead they made similar items, and I was happy with that.

I think that's how they should deal with this.
Just no item clone plz, unless it's temporary like the salon idea.

While I can agree Gaia should find a solution I dont think it's gaia's priority to worry about other's exceeding profits.
An item as useful as this one should see far more than 3 generations. Though the salon hair cut might be a good middle ground I think rerelease is preferable/ likely. 3nodding

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
marshmallowcreampie
Fire 0ak

Gaia had no way of knowing that the item would be so popular. Besides, why should these scissors be treated different from any other item pose? There are a lot of SD Plus dolls and rare RIG pets with wigs and eyes, and plenty of people want only those poses. If Gaia releases the scissors into a different item, why not do the same with other item poses?
The point is that it's a feature that many people have asked for and now it's unfairly inaccessible to them. What I mean by that isn't that they have to quest, it's that they have to spend so much for something that should have been integrated into the items themselves. Something like the pets, the alchemy wings, etc. were asked for, but they can be justified simply because they are items (although the alchemy feature itself I won't get into). What makes them a jerk about Agape is simply that they knew it was a feature people had been asking for and they made it fairly exclusive anyway. I personally think it is what it is at this point though. You can't make them separate it because it's already been released.

As for the male clothing, I agree that the site's trend of making period clothing and food items is beyond old for many, many people. I don't ever get the backlash on this. But anyway, there's some good threads in feedback about it.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Fire 0ak
HeIIraiser
Fire 0ak

No, they shouldn't.

The Sainte Ciels did not give Male avatars hair, boots, arms, eyes, or even a top.(maybe the corset could be used in a nuetral fashion but it has a distinctly feminine cut.)
Yeah, Hell uvu;
Nearly all the items are feminine, because it was a girlxgirl series, with only Mephiste as the singular male character but he is an unseen entity in ever EI he's appeared in.

Magical Cat

~ yum_tea ~
Coffee Cat says:

Entitlement.
Yes.
We are entitled to be able to use this without paying 2 ******** million.
User Image

Buggy Mage

Hi-Potion
Fire 0ak
HeIIraiser
Fire 0ak

No, they shouldn't.

Yeah, Hell uvu;
Nearly all the items are feminine, because it was a girlxgirl series, with only Mephiste as the singular male character but he is an unseen entity in ever EI he's appeared in.

That would have been awesome if they made it with mephisto. The only reason I bring up the imbalance is because I think a lot of people, myself included, wouldn't have a problem buying agape for a high price if it was done like that from the beginning. I bring up the lack of gender nuetrality as an explanation for why those that do or did have sufficient funds still not being willing to purchase it.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Fire 0ak
Hi-Potion
Fire 0ak
HeIIraiser
Fire 0ak

No, they shouldn't.

Yeah, Hell uvu;

That would have been awesome if they made it with mephisto. The only reason I bring up the imbalance is because I think a lot of people, myself included, wouldn't have a problem buying agape for a high price if it was done like that from the beginning. I bring up the lack of gender nuetrality as an explanation for why those that do or did have sufficient funds still not being willing to purchase it.
Except a lot of people buy items for 1 pose, expensive items at that, so this is no different uvu Well, its different in that its more versatile than most of the items people buy for one pose, so there isnt really any "justifying" to be done, its such a useable item that the rest of the poses dont matter. The more you try and justify it, the more time passes, the more time passes, the more expensive the item becomes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff