Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I was kind of hoping that the Apage scissors would of been in this item.

Since it does have a look of the scissors and all. sweatdrop

But I understand what you mean about having an alternative and/or to have it as a gold shop use.

Sadly, since they already made the hidden pose that has become an effect towards gaians, it would probably cause an uproar towards the people who have BOUGHT the item with real money instead.

-~--~-

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
It's the one expensive item I own...so no, I don't want it deflated.
If anything, I think they should sell a Gen 4 when they do those special events at the end of year, but make it a little more expensive like they do with other special re-releases of rare items.

Or, release a similar item that does something different? Maybe an item that removes a different layer of hair?

There are tons of items I really want that I can't afford, and many things I had to save up for. People can save up for it if they REALLY want it.

Hyper Gaian

12,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hero 100
  • Invisibility 100
Apollos Liar
I agree that the comparisons between things like Devil Tails and Angelic Halos to the one Agape pose are fairly moot. It's a pose that affects every wig on the site (as far as I know), so it's not just a pretty accessory but something that actually alters other items. Isn't that a feature that's been asked for in the past too? If they released an item that gave out 10 new facial hair items or an item that changed the color of any hairstyle and it was the rarest item in a RIG/CI that took an average of 30 bucks to win and hit the market at 15mil, it would be pretty shitty. Sure, people--rich or not--would quest for and buy it and people would plug all of the money they could into it. But the point is that it's a feature as opposed to an accessory and features should be available to everyone without pulling their arm behind their back. I agree that when items are expensive, you quest for them; that's that. However, I think it's silly to say "Play Booty Grab! Your computer can't handle it? Well stop whining and shell out 700 dollars for a new computer." or "Just pay the 30 dollars! You don't have a means of paying the site? Well, oops.". Everyone has different ways of questing and different ways of fitting things like Gaia into their everyday schedule. For some people, it takes a year of non-stop questing to acquire something like the Agape. Bitching, want/need, etc. aside, it's insane to quest for that long for a feature that has been asked for.

Instead of making the Agape accessible to everyone, I think it would make more sense to offer an alternative, such as making every wig capable of being long or short. However, the time has already passed for that so the best they could do is make some wigs in the future that are capable of that. I think the reason that people get upset with the Agape is because it's connected to bigger problems with the site.

I agree with this statement. I understand that there have been many chances to get the Agape. I also understand that questing is a lot easier on Gaia nowadays than it used to be, and if this item was simply a pretty item that everyone wanted; like the various companion animals that come out every month, but as you state this is an item that actually alters the hair styles in a way that has been begged for by users since before the salon.
Now if it had been limited to only a select few hairstyles then I would understand people being stuck against the idea of a re release but it seems like it's being used in every wig release.
I am personally for an adaptation of the item. Cutting the wigs in a different manner, or even just letting us have the feature with Gold Shop Salon hair. Just to be fair on other users.
I agree that it's kinda a special thing for those who got the item, but there are defiantly people who use Gaia but can't spend their real money on the site. These same people might also only get an hour or so on the website. Is it fair to have this kind of item unavailable to them?
yum_tea

Aged Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
HeIIraiser
PunkRocketteRhi

I really can NOT justify the purchase of an item that expensive for the feature.

It's too expansive of an item to be so exclusive.

So basically you are saying it's too expensive so I don't want it unless I get it cheap?
Are you seriously making that argument?

If you look at items this way, then how do you ever obtain things?
Do you expect to re-release an item because it's expensive?

What ever happened to questing?
Gaians these days are so lazy.

Gaia gives you ways to make the gold, and you don't want to put in the time and effort.
And if you don't have the time/effort you can buy Gaia cash.

I am glad I got the agape when it was first in the cash shop.
It was really nice of Gaia to even re-release it in the REI bundle, so really you guys complaining are just being lazy.

No, I'm saying that what I want is the feature, not the item. It's a boring item aside from the scissors, it really is. And if all I want is to purchase the feature, yes, it is too expensive. And no, I don't want it unless it is more reasonably priced.

Personally, I would have preferred the feature to be available from the salon for a fee. That is what I would have preferred. I know it won't happen (they wouldn't want to piss off self righteous assholes like you for one thing). I also understand the basic principles of supply and demand, and the fact that the item is as expensive as it is because so many people want the feature. But as long as we're talking economics, for me, the cost VS worth just doesn't add up. You're right, I COULD save up for it. But I won't, because my time is worth more to me than that, and so is my gaia gold.

It isn't that I'm lazy, it's that I have priorities (and a life). There are much better and more interesting items out there to invest my gold in than a pair of scissors. But if that's how you and others want to spend their time and their gold, more power to you. I'm not saying that you can't, or even that no one should have to now that this item has been released the way it has been, only that I won't and that I don't believe this feature should have been released as a part of this item in the first place.

But it's real cute how you think "Gaians these days" are so lazy. Oh please do tell me more about the golden years. Oh, please do.

Aged Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
Apollos Liar
I agree that the comparisons between things like Devil Tails and Angelic Halos to the one Agape pose are fairly moot. It's a pose that affects every wig on the site (as far as I know), so it's not just a pretty accessory but something that actually alters other items. Isn't that a feature that's been asked for in the past too? If they released an item that gave out 10 new facial hair items or an item that changed the color of any hairstyle and it was the rarest item in a RIG/CI that took an average of 30 bucks to win and hit the market at 15mil, it would be pretty shitty. Sure, people--rich or not--would quest for and buy it and people would plug all of the money they could into it. But the point is that it's a feature as opposed to an accessory and features should be available to everyone without pulling their arm behind their back. I agree that when items are expensive, you quest for them; that's that. However, I think it's silly to say "Play Booty Grab! Your computer can't handle it? Well stop whining and shell out 700 dollars for a new computer." or "Just pay the 30 dollars! You don't have a means of paying the site? Well, oops.". Everyone has different ways of questing and different ways of fitting things like Gaia into their everyday schedule. For some people, it takes a year of non-stop questing to acquire something like the Agape. Bitching, want/need, etc. aside, it's insane to quest for that long for a feature that has been asked for.

Instead of making the Agape accessible to everyone, I think it would make more sense to offer an alternative, such as making every wig capable of being long or short. However, the time has already passed for that so the best they could do is make some wigs in the future that are capable of that. I think the reason that people get upset with the Agape is because it's connected to bigger problems with the site.

Exactly! Thank you, sir!

Tipsy Lunatic

PunkRocketteRhi
HeIIraiser

So basically you are saying it's too expensive so I don't want it unless I get it cheap?
Are you seriously making that argument?

No, I'm saying that what I want is the feature, not the item. It's a boring item aside from the scissors, it really is. And if all I want is to purchase the feature, yes, it is too expensive. And no, I don't want it unless it is more reasonably priced.

Personally, I would have preferred the feature to be available from the salon for a fee. That is what I would have preferred. I know it won't happen (they wouldn't want to piss off self righteous assholes like you for one thing). I also understand the basic principles of supply and demand, and the fact that the item is as expensive as it is because so many people want the feature. But as long as we're talking economics, for me, the cost VS worth just doesn't add up. You're right, I COULD save up for it. But I won't, because my time is worth more to me than that, and so is my gaia gold.

It isn't that I'm lazy, it's that I have priorities (and a life). There are much better and more interesting items out there to invest my gold in than a pair of scissors. But if that's how you and others want to spend their time and their gold, more power to you. I'm not saying that you can't, or even that no one should have to now that this item has been released the way it has been, only that I won't and that I don't believe this feature should have been released as a part of this item in the first place.

But it's real cute how you think "Gaians these days" are so lazy. Oh please do tell me more about the golden years. Oh, please do.

You talk about what you would've preferred and your limited resources and Gaian priorities....

But simply put, you want the feature. But you're not willing to shell out for it as is.
You want it cheaper or more convenient to you personally.

Hate to break it to you, but that's still lazy. You can put a practical spin on it, but that's what it is.
Not saying that Gaians were less lazy in the 'good ol' days', but that doesn't exempt you from it.

You may think Agape's only worth is in the scissors, and I'm sure lots of people agree with that sentiment. And if that's the case then the fact of the matter is that even if they had released just the scissors in the cash shop for a limited time, chances are THAT item would be at the same price.
Poor little you would still be stuck in the same situation.

The scissors pose is an extremely versatile function that works with all of the hairstyles in the salon and all of the wigs on the site. If you don't want to put any effort or time into obtaining it then that's not Gaia's responsibility to "fix it".
There are plenty of them on the MP right now. And chances are Agape will be available in the Cash Shop sometime again this year. That means, even if you don't like it, it's already widely available.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
PunkRocketteRhi

You're saying you WON'T pay for a feature you WANT?
How do you have a right to complain then?

The feature is part of the item.
You don't want the feature bad enough.

You said it yourself, you could have it, but you're not willing to spend your gold on it
Why would an item that cuts any hair, not just gold shop hairs be suitable for the salon?

Are you paying Vanessa for Pale marionette hair?
No, you're not so that idea is completely asinine.

You're right, it isn't that you're lazy, it's that you're unwilling to pay the piper.
You would buy the agape if it was to your own price, because I guess that's how self righteous YOU are. emotion_awesome

I'm not being self righteous, I'm being realistic.
Why wouldn't an item that can cut almost every hair, be worth the price tag?

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
HeIIraiser

You said it yourself, you could have it, but you're not willing to spend your gold on it
Why would an item that cuts any hair, not just gold shop hairs be suitable for the salon?

You're right, it isn't that you're lazy, it's that you're unwilling to pay the piper.
You would buy the agape if it was to your own price, because I guess that's how self righteous YOU are. emotion_awesome

Because the pose that "cuts" the hair is bound to an item which has inflated simply because it's presence.

Agape does not have any poses that appeal to male avatars, so I choose not to buy it.
However some people actually like Agape for it's other poses, so, now the item's price is the result of the combination of it's initial poses, and the utility of the scissors pose in particular.

If Gaia were smart, they would create at least one alternative to it (maybe a new EI with scissors, or even a bundle of the layer manipulation poses) and release it in the cash shop.

The Gold shop argument was aimed at the function of the pose: Hiding layers
It would be a cost-effective alternative to buying a more permanent solution to "cutting" hair.

Say Salon Durem had the "Trim" option for 50,000 Gold, it would provide the same effect that Agape's scissors do, but the effect would go away each time the avatar's hair/wig was changed, removed, or re-saved.

They could do the same thing with the cash shop, put the "Trim" option there for 99 Cash, and there would be quite a bit of money in it for them.

This would maintain the current appeal of Agape for it's permanent effect, while also providing an alternative for less well-off users.

tl;dr Alternatives should be available.

Sparkly Star

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
gaia_diamond

I own the item, actually bought it not knowing there was a hair cut option. I do find it very nice and I would be more then agreeable to have that option more widely available. I find it oddly unrelated as it is

I enjoy the idea of a 'permanent' cut available at the salon that would go away when you took off the item/changed hair

Though i think if you don't change the hair but change clothing it should not go away with a simple re-save. I could see a lot of accidental removals and therefore lots of rage face

But then, I dont work particularly hard for my gold on gaia and barely put much value to it. I find it rather easy to get the items i like, so perhaps I am not the target audience here

gaia_diamond

Buggy Mage

Equinoxious
Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement

If im entitled to anything it would be to item satisfaction. I want Gaia to treat all it's users fairly. They could have remedied the situation by factoring in everyone. That is something that shouldn't be taken lightly either. I would have bought agape by now If there were full outfits a male avatar could use.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Fire 0ak

If im entitled to anything it would be to item satisfaction. I want Gaia to treat all it's users fairly. They could have remedied the situation by factoring in everyone. That is something that shouldn't be taken lightly either. I would have bought agape by now If there were full outfits a male avatar could use.

Gaia had no way of knowing that the item would be so popular. Besides, why should these scissors be treated different from any other item pose? There are a lot of SD Plus dolls and rare RIG pets with wigs and eyes, and plenty of people want only those poses. If Gaia releases the scissors into a different item, why not do the same with other item poses?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Slider546
HeIIraiser

Because the pose that "cuts" the hair is bound to an item which has inflated simply because it's presence.

Agape does not have any poses that appeal to male avatars, so I choose not to buy it.
However some people actually like Agape for it's other poses, so, now the item's price is the result of the combination of it's initial poses, and the utility of the scissors pose in particular.

If Gaia were smart, they would create at least one alternative to it (maybe a new EI with scissors, or even a bundle of the layer manipulation poses) and release it in the cash shop.

The Gold shop argument was aimed at the function of the pose: Hiding layers
It would be a cost-effective alternative to buying a more permanent solution to "cutting" hair.

Say Salon Durem had the "Trim" option for 50,000 Gold, it would provide the same effect that Agape's scissors do, but the effect would go away each time the avatar's hair/wig was changed, removed, or re-saved.

They could do the same thing with the cash shop, put the "Trim" option there for 99 Cash, and there would be quite a bit of money in it for them.

This would maintain the current appeal of Agape for it's permanent effect, while also providing an alternative for less well-off users.

tl;dr Alternatives should be available.

See there's a slight problem in your idea.
If this trim option were available it would completely defeat the purpose of the agape scissors, even if the trim option was temporary, it still defeats the purpose, Gaia would stir up a s**t storm if they tried this, it's not smart or cost effective, it would add to more than 2mil over time.

Why would you want to gold sink over 2mil when you can have permanent hair cutting anytime you want it?

Buggy Mage

marshmallowcreampie
Fire 0ak

Gaia had no way of knowing that the item would be so popular. Besides, why should these scissors be treated different from any other item pose? There are a lot of SD Plus dolls and rare RIG pets with wigs and eyes, and plenty of people want only those poses. If Gaia releases the scissors into a different item, why not do the same with other item poses?

I think Gaia is well aware of how popular Agape currently is. Why else would they modify wigs for the feature to be desired? I think they are doing this primarily due to the practicall insentive to resell. And why not take advantage of such a versatile feature they've developed?
Those who payed cash would have been optimistic in assuming they'd have made 1 mil on resell, now it has reached it's peak value of 3 mil. If Gaia releases a 4th gen, How does that lose investors anything unless their intention was only to sell for maximum profits? If anything a 4th gen would stabalize to the value to where an ordinary REI should be. Despite such an event of re-release, it will recover to 1mil shortly anyways. So practically no harm will come to investors besides a temporary down turn in value. Will it retain it's status of 3 mil and beyond? That seems very likely. So really, no lasting effect will come of it for investors.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Fire 0ak

The rig's items go along with the storyline.
Sainte Ciel was a girlxgirl storyline.

However, I got my and my boyfriend's Agape's cheap when they were still in the cash shop.
Usually when a popular item that was in the cash shop gets removed the price goes up, this is normal.

Should Gaia be forced to create alternative rig items too because you and other's can't afford them?
No, they shouldn't.

The world, even on the internet is unfair, get used to that.
Gaia nor any other site or corporation shouldn't have to pander to the wants of lazy and cheap people.

Not every pose in the Eros and Agape were strictly female either, so don't even pull that s**t.
There just weren't poses YOU would use, doesn't mean other males wouldn't use the same poses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff