Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Tipsy Lunatic

I think one of my problems with this thread is that the scissors effect IS available in some ways, if you're willing to put up with an item on your avatar with it.

Before Agape ever came out there were posts in the "Made For Each Other" thread about some backgrounds and hats that had the exact same effect.

In fact, I think it was those items doing is accidentally that made the artist realize that they could do it on purpose?
I don't remember which items, specifically, it was... but I'm sure someone does.

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I think Masquerade's makeup poses need to get this treatment as well. Even though I did pay for my SC: Agape with cash, I don't want people who wouldn't put up with that to be deprived.
Lazarus Larkin
Apparently it removes the pencil from the Briar Song hair.

Just... because scissors do that now I guess.

It's just stupid. If they're going to constantly make secondary poses with every hairstyle that you NEED an agape to get, they really should release more. They're just driving demand up higher and higher with every single release.

They don't make secondary poses, Agape just happened to remove the layer that the pencil was on.

As to the general topic in the thread (under spoiler because I'm sure it's be reiterated a million times)...

They *have* released Agape a second time in one of the EI bundles, the price really didn't go down much. I'm okay with rereleases, but not with simply releasing the pose by itself in a much cheaper form. Like others have said, there are a lot of items that provide cool effects in a single pose but are in the range of millions of gold. You just have to work towards them. I don't see how the Agape is unfair or different from those types of situations.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
your local teashop
Lazarus Larkin
Apparently it removes the pencil from the Briar Song hair.

Just... because scissors do that now I guess.

It's just stupid. If they're going to constantly make secondary poses with every hairstyle that you NEED an agape to get, they really should release more. They're just driving demand up higher and higher with every single release.

They don't make secondary poses, Agape just happened to remove the layer that the pencil was on.

As to the general topic in the thread (under spoiler because I'm sure it's be reiterated a million times)...

They *have* released Agape a second time in one of the EI bundles, the price really didn't go down much. I'm okay with rereleases, but not with simply releasing the pose by itself in a much cheaper form. Like others have said, there are a lot of items that provide cool effects in a single pose but are in the range of millions of gold. You just have to work towards them. I don't see how the Agape is unfair or different from those types of situations.

Since Agape's release the artists have specifically been designing hair with the purpose of making the Agape pose look good. it's not the same at all as when it first came out and it just chopped off the layer that happened to be there and some hair looked fine and some didn't; now it's designed specifically with that in mind. Seems like a pretty huge difference to me. It's frustrating and stupid and incredibly annoying as a male user who would like more hairstyle options in the first place.

ETA: LOL i forgot for a moment that I'm not actually a guy, I just have a male avatar

my point still stands

Dapper Genius

Agape is that expensive because it has that pose. there are a lot of items that are higher than they should be, but we need to get over it. making another item with just have that item become more expensive as well.
On one hand I do find it kind of ridiculous how a pose as universal as cutting any hairstyle shorter would be trapped up in a single random cash item, but I'm also in agreement with the posters who are saying that people should just suck it up and earn the gold if they want it. It's annoying how some very basic customization features are available only through cash items (Masquerade comes to mind), and I'd personally prefer if they were widely available at a low cost, but this is just how Gaia works. Since we can still obtain cash items via gold in the marketplace, I don't really have any complaints. Now if the Agape scissors were soulbound to cash users, then I'd start having issues...

Noble Inquisitor

I agree- there should be an item like the Scissors that is affordable to everyone on gaia- things are to expensive- I have several agape's; I got them when they 1st came out & they've really rocketed up- it would be nice if something like this was made imo.
but it would also be nice if the Cherubic Queen of Solair was re-released so it wasn't so freaking expensive :<

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Lazarus Larkin

Since Agape's release the artists have specifically been designing hair with the purpose of making the Agape pose look good. it's not the same at all as when it first came out and it just chopped off the layer that happened to be there and some hair looked fine and some didn't; now it's designed specifically with that in mind. Seems like a pretty huge difference to me. It's frustrating and stupid and incredibly annoying as a male user who would like more hairstyle options in the first place.

ETA: LOL i forgot for a moment that I'm not actually a guy, I just have a male avatar

my point still stands

Your proof..? Tektek, items them-self? The item simply removes the back portion of the hair on any item, the artists haven't specifically been designing hair with that purpose in mind. I'm practicing to learn how to pixel on Photoshop, and let me tell you a thing or two about pixeling hair. When there's hair in the back of a avatar's head (hair that is behind the head/body.) It is on a whole separate layer and put BEHIND the avatar's body in the layers. Agape simply removes the back of the hair, and in retrospect creates a whole new hairstyle because it's missing that back layer. The item is simply removing that back layer of hair, the artists aren't doing anything else whatsoever.

Now I'm actually a guy, and yes it does get annoying to find some more cool hair styles. But as many people stated before the agape costs quite a bit, and if you release the item that made the item expensive in the first place for dirt cheap you will have a lot of pissed off users. Community wise this will cause quite a uproar/stir for people who own the item, Gaia isn't one for making the Community angry and messing with the economy for the site just because a handful of people who can't afford item complained about not being able to afford it.

Long story short, go buy some Gaia cash and sell the items from the Cash Shop, go play some zOMG, or invest in items. The Agape is around 2 million gold, you have no idea just how easy it is to obtain. You just need to invest your time and quest for it. If Gaia members were mouth fed with easy obtainable items there would be no functional running site because people would get bored because they owned everything and leave, when a lot of people leave their friends leave and so on. And then the only people you have left is the Gaia faithfuls, and small portion of the community. That would be the end of Gaia.

Greedy Lover

People just want their conveniences catered to.

This isn't about making the scissors option more widely available, people are complaining that the damn mod wasn't handed to them.
I assure you, that if they re-release Agape or make an item with the scissors mod it's not going to be cheap, you're still going to put down the cash or the gold for it.

Tipsy Lunatic

Illucio

Your proof..? Tektek, items them-self? The item simply removes the back portion of the hair on any item, the artists haven't specifically been designing hair with that purpose in mind. I'm practicing to learn how to pixel on Photoshop, and let me tell you a thing or two about pixeling hair. When there's hair in the back of a avatar's head (hair that is behind the head/body.) It is on a whole separate layer and put BEHIND the avatar's body in the layers. Agape simply removes the back of the hair, and in retrospect creates a whole new hairstyle because it's missing that back layer. The item is simply removing that back layer of hair, the artists aren't doing anything else whatsoever.

Not that I agree with this thread at all.... But some DEFINITIVE proof of artists specifically changing the way they make hairstyles to accommodate the Agape Scissors would be the Mermaid evolution of... Um... That one Fairytale Crime Evolving Item. EDIT: Modus Operandi, that's the item.
When you use the scissors the hair changes from a tight bun to hair that is all over the place.

They could excuse the changing color of Rosamunda's Revenge/Redemption as more story line, but with a completely different EI?

Also, just my opinion, the removing of the pencil in Briar's Sonnet? Totally an intentional thing. They deliberately put the pencil on a layer different from the rest of the hair, whereas they wouldn't have for the older hairstlyes. I can't think of any specific examples of this, but I remember running into several. They do that with a lot of different hairstyles now.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Also, it removes just the facial hair of the conquistador item from the last Revolution RIG. (forgive my total laziness when it comes to actual item names.) That was really obviously intentional as well.

Trash

I always wanted the scissors but I can't spend that much money sad and if they came out with another item like that it will either be a one time use thing or it will be something that will sky rocket in price too

Serpentine Guest

I was surprised the Ciels weren't at Black Friday.

The Ciel book was rereleased in a bundle the middle of last year. However I remember that bundle not even being out for even a month before it was packed away. Even though I was able to reobtain mine then, that was an extremely short rerelease compared to other REI bundles.

I'm completely fine with more rereleases of the whole item. Knockoffs with some catch(held scissors, different cut, snipped hair on the ground maybe) would probably also work
Exact copying of a single pose though seems like wasted space. And if it was an unlimited release, how would Gaia implement it that would be fair to both buyers of the mod and the original Agape owners?

Edit: i know Brosnya Dragoon s affected by Agape, and there's no hair in it.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Illucio

Your proof..? Tektek, items them-self? The item simply removes the back portion of the hair on any item, the artists haven't specifically been designing hair with that purpose in mind.

actually, the pencil on the hair for the latest mc gets removed when using agape. rosmund's redemption hair changes from white to black with agape. one of the midnight revolution items has a beard removed when using agape. How is that not designing items where agape specifically removes a portion the artists want moved. The artists chooses what layer certain portion of hair are on. So the hair styles look good without the layer that agape removes.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
letoze
I was surprised the Ciels weren't at Black Friday.

The Ciel book was rereleased in a bundle the middle of last year. However I remember that bundle not even being out for even a month before it was packed away. Even though I was able to reobtain mine then, that was an extremely short rerelease compared to other REI bundles.

I'm completely fine with more rereleases of the whole item. Knockoffs with some catch(held scissors, different cut, snipped hair on the ground maybe) would probably also work
Exact copying of a single pose though seems like wasted space. And if it was an unlimited release, how would Gaia implement it that would be fair to both buyers of the mod and the original Agape owners?

you know those ei chance items that the used to do with the original and the recolors, i'm expecting one of those for the sainte ciel items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff