Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Benateli
"I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil or more for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it."

Actually, it does have a relation to it.

In the Agape version, if you read the story, Ciel cuts off her hair as a sign of selfless devotion. It was a clever way to show that.

I don't feel that Gaia should have to release certain poses of items just because some people are unwilling to shell out gold/cash like anyone else has to for any other item. And that's not just because I own the item. I wouldn't be opposed to it being re-released in the cash shop.

I don't buy into the whole "unable" (really just unwilling) or "unwilling" (really just lazy, which I can sometimes related to) stuff...if you don't want to save up/pay gold for it or buy it in the cash shop if it is re-released then too bad. I want a ninja headband and golden laurels and Thea and and and exclaim

...but I don't feel like saving up for all that, so I simply don't bother with them. Its not about being unable to buy them. If you put the time and effort into it, then you will be able to buy it eventually.

Aside from that, you asked for discussion so we are discussing...it doesn't matter how you wanted us to discuss this topic. You're going to get positive and negative responses in threads. That's just how it is. When you make a discussion thread sometimes people will disagree...that's part of a discussion.

Its not about people like me doing a 'flame war', its just that we're not sugar coating things. Its nothing personal, I'm just sharing my thoughts like you asked. c:

Quote me next time so I can reply faster. smile

This point as already been presented many times in this thread. YES, the scissors were written into the storyline of the item, however, they could just as easily have written it into any other EI.

The function of the scissors (removing the last layer of hair and wig items) should not simply be bound to an item just because it was written with it.

For example: Stinger was about two "bug" clans at war with each other, Gaia could have added a segment where the Queen Bee be cut her stinger off with scissors, but does that mean that the scissors function should be bound to Stinger?

Timid Rogue

I own an Agape, used to own five, and I think it's bullcrap that it's not its own pose in a different, cheaper item.

Seriously, the market has a chokehold on that thing. It's not fair to the others who either couldn't get it when it was out or can't afford it. Seriously, 2 million gold?! That's insane!

If it's not possible, I would love to see a re-release. It's a beautiful item as is, and there should definitely be more available.

I'd also love to see the Baaaws that result.

Edit: Before anyone goes on about entitlement or how easy it is to get gold thanks to GCash, some people can't afford to blow real money on fake money. Some people can't afford to spend 12 hours on Booty Grab to raise 500k.

Some people aren't as lucky as you as to grab it before the price hike.

Seriously, show some ******** empathy.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Slider546
Benateli
"I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil or more for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it."

Actually, it does have a relation to it.

In the Agape version, if you read the story, Ciel cuts off her hair as a sign of selfless devotion. It was a clever way to show that.

I don't feel that Gaia should have to release certain poses of items just because some people are unwilling to shell out gold/cash like anyone else has to for any other item. And that's not just because I own the item. I wouldn't be opposed to it being re-released in the cash shop.

I don't buy into the whole "unable" (really just unwilling) or "unwilling" (really just lazy, which I can sometimes related to) stuff...if you don't want to save up/pay gold for it or buy it in the cash shop if it is re-released then too bad. I want a ninja headband and golden laurels and Thea and and and exclaim

...but I don't feel like saving up for all that, so I simply don't bother with them. Its not about being unable to buy them. If you put the time and effort into it, then you will be able to buy it eventually.

Aside from that, you asked for discussion so we are discussing...it doesn't matter how you wanted us to discuss this topic. You're going to get positive and negative responses in threads. That's just how it is. When you make a discussion thread sometimes people will disagree...that's part of a discussion.

Its not about people like me doing a 'flame war', its just that we're not sugar coating things. Its nothing personal, I'm just sharing my thoughts like you asked. c:

Quote me next time so I can reply faster. smile

This point as already been presented many times in this thread. YES, the scissors were written into the storyline of the item, however, they could just as easily have written it into any other EI.

The function of the scissors (removing the last layer of hair and wig items) should not simply be bound to an item just because it was written with it.

For example: Stinger was about two "bug" clans at war with each other, Gaia could have added a segment where the Queen Bee be cut her stinger off with scissors, but does that mean that the scissors function should be bound to Stinger?

Its ok I figured you'd see it sooner or later. razz

I see what you mean but if people want any certain part of any item should Gaia have to write it into a story and release it with another ei? That's just how I feel about it. If Gaia does release it, fine, great for you and others who wanted it. If not? Sorry. I can agree to disagree. Your opinion isn't necessarily wrong of course, it just differs from mine and I can accept that.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Oxymoronic Username
I own an Agape, used to own five, and I think it's bullcrap that it's not its own pose in a different, cheaper item.

Seriously, the market has a chokehold on that thing. It's not fair to the others who either couldn't get it when it was out or can't afford it. Seriously, 2 million gold?! That's insane!

If it's not possible, I would love to see a re-release. It's a beautiful item as is, and there should definitely be more available.

I'd also love to see the Baaaws that result.

Edit: Before anyone goes on about entitlement or how easy it is to get gold thanks to GCash, some people can't afford to blow real money on fake money. Some people can't afford to spend 12 hours on Booty Grab to raise 500k.

Some people aren't as lucky as you as to grab it before the price hike.

Seriously, show some ******** empathy.

2 million gold is *not* insane. 2 million now is like 200k back in the day. 50 million is insane. As far as it "not being fair", I can't afford to get golden laurels or Thea or a Nitemare Scarf any time soon, but I'm not complaining. It is what it is.

I don't have any pity for people that want to whine about not getting instant gratification just because they are on this site, and they don't want to spend real life money on this site, or actually work towards getting a high priced item. I can't afford to spend all day every day on this site like I used to but I slowly will make gold towards the items I want. If they are too expensive I find other items to quest for.

I've been here nearly 9 years and worked my a** off for most of my items. You don't just get things because you want them. Sometimes you have to quest for a few months or a few years to get the really good items. If you don't want to? Then stick to the cheaper items or give charities or giveaways a try. You don't *need* the expensive item, you just *want* it. And all of us want rare items.

I have a little empathy for lazy people because I know its hard work and sometimes it sucks, but I don't feel bad because people aren't willing to work towards their goal.

TenarisTown's Husband

Resilient Chum

20,575 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Champion 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
So I've seen a few posts here that prove that the Agape scissors DO relate directly to the Agape item. Whilst it is a unique item so to speak, there have been opportunities to get Agape much cheaper than it is now. Whose to say based on that premise that if it was re-released that the new version wouldn't also eventually hit 2mill+? Not everyone on gaia sees this item as a must have 'essential' to avatar-making, its all a matter of opinion.

Also, some people in this thread have made amazing posts so I've just had to go tip them. heart

Astounding Enchantress

Maybe they could release more agape through alchemy? Then it wouldn't make the price plummet drastically but might slowly make it more attainable.

edit: also the post about having the queen bee cut off her stinger with a scissors made me lol.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Kachi Firebird
edit: also the post about having the queen bee cut off her stinger with a scissors made me lol.
finally!
a way to get rid of that pesky stinger from my bee suit sponser item.
oh wait that never had a stinger..,
lol

Buggy Mage

EIfy
So I've seen a few posts here that prove that the Agape scissors DO relate directly to the Agape item. Whilst it is a unique item so to speak, there have been opportunities to get Agape much cheaper than it is now. Whose to say based on that premise that if it was re-released that the new version wouldn't also eventually hit 2mill+? Not everyone on gaia sees this item as a must have 'essential' to avatar-making, its all a matter of opinion.

Also, some people in this thread have made amazing posts so I've just had to go tip them. heart

It isn't simply opinion though. People seeking neutral/masculine styles are extremely limited following the release of Saint Ciel. It prevents people that want to make masculine avatars with new items nearly impossible without possessing this item. Masculine styles were few in number before but this really shows how small the selection pool for those type of hairstyles is. Agape slows down the already slow trickle of Neutral/masculine styles. In my list there shows some CIs and REIs that followed Agape. Notice in the short hair section a great deal have feminine attributes.
As for the profit margin relating to Saint Ciel Agape. It is tremendously beyond were it should be for a typical item. An increased value from 600k to even 1mil would have exceeded most expectations but it has tripled that expectation. For this reason I do not believe investors are getting a hard deal in any sense.

TenarisTown's Husband

Resilient Chum

20,575 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Champion 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Fire 0ak

To say Agape scissors has directly caused this is a big statement. Not necessarily disagreeing with you by any means, but I think there would be more factors involved with the more limited shorter masculine hairs. Also, having Agape with many longer hair styles does not necessarily solve the problem, as there are many that still look feminine just as an example. Unless its perhaps released in alchemy or something, I don't see how you can predict that the price will stay down and available to most people on such a re-release. Or is it so essential you think it should be a standard free avatar change?

Buggy Mage

EIfy
Fire 0ak

To say Agape scissors has directly caused this is a big statement. Not necessarily disagreeing with you by any means, but I think there would be more factors involved with the more limited shorter masculine hairs. Also, having Agape with many longer hair styles does not necessarily solve the problem, as there are many that still look feminine just as an example. Unless its perhaps released in alchemy or something, I don't see how you can predict that the price will stay down and available to most people on such a re-release. Or is it so essential you think it should be a standard free avatar change?

It is a big statement but I think the evidence really does most of the talking, especially with recent item bundles and REIs. I don't think it should be free at all, just far more reasonably priced. Don't get me wrong I give due credit to those that got the item when it was more affordable I would have made considerable profits had I had more foresight. xd I would be perfectly happy if they continually re-released it but I would prefer they add the feature to items or an item that considers neutral/masculine avatars.

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

why not release it in every rei with like... a 10% chance of getting it confused

Anxious Friend

I would be fine if they did something with a similar function like what IDS Wheatley suggested have it trim the hair differently.

Otherwise I personally would be very unhappy if they were to re release it exactly as is. To be honest I feel like the 2.4mil price tag on agape is quite fair. One item alone nearly doubles the number of hair styles available to the users both items and shop hair styles (with the exception of the already really short hair do's). People pay 300k-4mil + for an item with a hair pose, Agape turns that around and gives you bang for your buck with future hair styles you purchase you now have the potential for 2 styles.

Romantic Pirate

52,275 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
The item was out for a period of time, just like all other past REI items. It's even been re-released in a rapid EI bundle.

People just didn't care about the item back then. Now people realize that it can cut hair and they want it. That's really all there is to it. It was an affordable item back in the day but demand for the item is what causes the price to rise.

Supply = low. Demand = high. Price = high.

I personally feel the item doesn't need to be re-released or just given out as some make shift thing to make people who can't afford it happy. I literally sold off a lot of things from my inventory to buy it back when it was 1.8 mil. I don't regret it, I use the item in almost all my out-fits.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Thanks to this thread, I had to go get one. This pose isn't good for a ton of wigs, but when it works, it's amazing. So now that I spent a s**t-ton of gold on one, screw you guys, save your gold we obviously need it in another bundle. Like Masquerade (and hoo-boy did that take way too long to get rereleased, and I had several before then), it's too awesome a mod to limit it like that. Same thing if we got an eyebrow mod.

Here's my personal favorite:
User Image

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Apparently it removes the pencil from the Briar Song hair.

Just... because scissors do that now I guess.

It's just stupid. If they're going to constantly make secondary poses with every hairstyle that you NEED an agape to get, they really should release more. They're just driving demand up higher and higher with every single release.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff