Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41 42 > >>

OG Cutie-Pie

Lidke
They've already been re-released.

Nyatti
I'm an Agape owner, but I'd love to see it more readily available.

What they could do is just saturate the market. Release more, the price goes down. Simple. It wouldn't be the first time they've re-released an item, so it's not setting new precedent.

Yes, but they could release more. Or they could put them in the cash shop for a couple bucks and leave them there for a long time. Over time, more and more would be bought, the price gradually comes down, ta-da.

Shy Lovergirl

Absolutely not! How I would be able to stay a elitist then? If the commoners can have the same items as me... *shudders*

The world of Gaia becoming a communist paradise, no thanks.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
The panda shirt's done the sainte ciel agape effect for years. Check my equipped items.
Let's face it, the only reason people don't want the scissors released again is because it'll make them upset at how much they spent on THEIR sainte ciel.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
"I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil or more for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it."

Actually, it does have a relation to it.

In the Agape version, if you read the story, Ciel cuts off her hair as a sign of selfless devotion. It was a clever way to show that.

I don't feel that Gaia should have to release certain poses of items just because some people are unwilling to shell out gold/cash like anyone else has to for any other item. And that's not just because I own the item. I wouldn't be opposed to it being re-released in the cash shop.

I don't buy into the whole "unable" (really just unwilling) or "unwilling" (really just lazy, which I can sometimes related to) stuff...if you don't want to save up/pay gold for it or buy it in the cash shop if it is re-released then too bad. I want a ninja headband and golden laurels and Thea and and and exclaim

...but I don't feel like saving up for all that, so I simply don't bother with them. Its not about being unable to buy them. If you put the time and effort into it, then you will be able to buy it eventually.

Aside from that, you asked for discussion so we are discussing...it doesn't matter how you wanted us to discuss this topic. You're going to get positive and negative responses in threads. That's just how it is. When you make a discussion thread sometimes people will disagree...that's part of a discussion.

Its not about people like me doing a 'flame war', its just that we're not sugar coating things. Its nothing personal, I'm just sharing my thoughts like you asked. c:

Demonic Defender

16,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
Blaze the Fire Dragon
As mush as I'd love that, Gaia's never going to do it.

Well they re-released a skin they shouldn't have.
Rules of the contest was that the loser would lose the sin of there team.
Boo lost so the skin was lost but due to people constantly complaining about it then eventually re-released it.

Due to this re-release there was never a point in winning the contest,both teams have basically won since both teams got to keep the skins of their team.

If they can do this then surely they can release a wig cutting pose or even variations in the wig shop if they get enough people wanting it.

Aged Streaker

what i feel like a lot of people are missing in comparisons is how much ciel affects every other item on gaia

comparing it to high priced, high desired items like ninja headband, angelic halo, etc, is silly
because it doesn't have the same affect
such a large portion of items on gaia are affected by ciel
and a majority of the items released now with hairs have a cut-off pose
it's such a standard that it is becoming unrealistic

2mil is nothing to me
sure, i can probably get 2 profile commissions and make enough to buy the item
and i would do it if i had a need for the item atm but i don't which is why i sold it a few weeks back

but i still don't see the real reasoning behind any of the excuses for not having the ciel scissors re-released besides people feeling like we're being greedy bastards
masquerade offered a huge change in customization when they released something with so much make-up and hair alteration options
however since then so many other items have been released that offer something similar or something better that there is very little need or want for masquerade anymore

but i'd also like to emphasize that masquerade hasn't really jumped in price because of that
because ciel is an EI with cream and cutesy poses there will always be a demand for it even if the scissors are re-released
as long as you don't throw yours on the MP as soon as a scissors pose comes out on its own you won't lose that much profit because it will always go back up in price as supply dwindles over time

Sugary Bunny

19,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Yeeeesssss I thought I was the only one who hated having that item just for the sissors! I would totally be in for having that.

Friendly Citizen

I think the idea is nice in all but i do not think it would be fair for those who actually own the item, and someone whines about it. If they where to re-release this item it would be a black Friday thing, and if people whined about this and got their wish. People would start to whine about other items like MC or ultra rare items for a re-release, and I have seen items with only 1 pose in the entire item that is worth 10 times or more than agape

(Edited) if they where to do a scissor thing in the shop I bet it would be a gold sink

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
I doubt they would release another item that "cuts" the hair, but maybe they would add something like a hair tie? Same effect as agape except it might have a little knot in the back that can only be seen if the avatar is turned around.

In a relationship with my viola

Greedy Capitalist

12,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
I would love that so much! Alas, it probably wouldn't happen due to numerous reasons.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
THAT'S why that's so expensive? I figured it was the closed eye pose or w/e. Yea, that should come out another way, or possibly have an option added to the salon. It's like Masquerade - slowly but surely other makeup items have come out, as you can't keep a really broad creativity item that that confined to one item. It's like releasing the black body dye and saying that's the only black skin we'll ever have (and yes I know we had the Death Whisper one first).

I'm all for more items and release of older items. Viva creativity!

Anxious Garbage

I'd like to point something out to people who keep saying 2 mil isn't that much gold.

To some of us, it is a lot of gold.

Personally, I only had 2 mil once, and that was after selling my Overseer Doll. Yes, I know there are these numerous ways you can make gold, but not everyone can spend the time to do booty grab, or art/signs/whatever, because some of us are busy most of the day.

I am not saying we are 'entitled' to the item, but it would be nice. And, like many others have stated, I am not going to scrape together 2+ mil for a single pose. Agape removes the rear layer, and like I said before, there are items that 'trim' the rear layer (these items being hats). Gaia could easily make an item that has the same trimming effect and make it a gold shop item. Hell, they could chose to make it trim bangs, or the rear hair layer. It wouldn't be that hard.

And honestly, most of the people I see saying no, and arguing no, are people who are wearing items worth millions, and prob have millions to toss away on items for just a single pose. But some of us can't toss around that gold, and with it not looking like the agape is going to be re-released any time soon, it'll soon be only the rich and 'high of status' getting this item.

Yes, I regret not buying the item when it was 500k or so, but at the time I told myself to buy it for the one pose was stupid, and so I didn't. If it wasn't for the fact a lot of new hair doesn't trim right with hats, I wouldn't consider even buying it.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Teh Savior
The panda shirt's done the sainte ciel agape effect for years. Check my equipped items.
Let's face it, the only reason people don't want the scissors released again is because it'll make them upset at how much they spent on THEIR sainte ciel.

Exactly, that is really the only reason that I can find that fuels these arguments.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
nosonia
what i feel like a lot of people are missing in comparisons is how much ciel affects every other item on gaia

comparing it to high priced, high desired items like ninja headband, angelic halo, etc, is silly
because it doesn't have the same affect
such a large portion of items on gaia are affected by ciel
and a majority of the items released now with hairs have a cut-off pose
it's such a standard that it is becoming unrealistic

2mil is nothing to me
sure, i can probably get 2 profile commissions and make enough to buy the item
and i would do it if i had a need for the item atm but i don't which is why i sold it a few weeks back

but i still don't see the real reasoning behind any of the excuses for not having the ciel scissors re-released besides people feeling like we're being greedy bastards
masquerade offered a huge change in customization when they released something with so much make-up and hair alteration options
however since then so many other items have been released that offer something similar or something better that there is very little need or want for masquerade anymore

but i'd also like to emphasize that masquerade hasn't really jumped in price because of that
because ciel is an EI with cream and cutesy poses there will always be a demand for it even if the scissors are re-released
as long as you don't throw yours on the MP as soon as a scissors pose comes out on its own you won't lose that much profit because it will always go back up in price as supply dwindles over time

That is one of the topics that was a constant earlier in the thread.

People were comparing the scissors pose single poses from other "desirable" items. The scissors in not technically a "pose" it is a layer manipulation effect that can be applied to almost all hair items and wigs that are currently present on Gaia.

A versatile effect should not be compared to the Multimillion single-pose items.

We all know that the scissors =/= to Minis, but this same comparison was made earlier.

"Well I want Mini Angel Wings, but you don't see me complaining about it."

This is not a feasible argument, and we all know it.
Perhaps Gaia should just sell more Agape's in the future?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff