Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
marshmallowcreampie

Most experienced Gaians know that Gaia reserves the right to rerelease any item they choose. What people are complaining about here is that, one, the item has already been rereleased and it wasn't that long ago. The price dropped to about 500k and people had a chance to get it then. Second, the sense of entitlement that seems to be floating around. Why should Gaia give special preference to the scissors pose? There are a ton of expensive items where I only like one pose. If someone asked for Gaia to release the hair from Thea the Unicorn as a standalone item, would you be in support of it? Why should the item YOU want get a special, low-cost release as a single pose item?

I'm in full support of Gaia rereleasing it, I do think more people should have a chance to get it, but I still say Gaia should wait a while.

Yes, Gaia is a business. Do I expect them to cater to the wishes of random users? Of course not. I assume that they will function like any other business does, and do whatever is in their best interest, and I don't have a problem with that.

This thread was created simply to discuss the scissors pose's function, and the possibility of its re-release as a whole new item/pose with no relation to Sainte Ciel.

Why? Because the scissors pose is not an item pose, it serves the purpose of manipulation of other poses, and many of us feel that even though it is written into the story of Sainte Ciel, the layer manipulation purpose that it serves should not be tied to just that item.

Also, I don't expect for the re-release(if there ever is one) to be "cheap", I couldn't care less about its price, I'm just concerned about the availability of alternatives.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Slider546

Why? Because the scissors pose is not an item pose, it serves the purpose of manipulation of other poses, and many of us feel that even though it is written into the story of Sainte Ciel, the layer manipulation purpose that it serves should not be tied to just that item.

Also, I don't expect for the re-release(if there ever is one) to be "cheap", I couldn't care less about its price, I'm just concerned about the availability of alternatives.

But even when Gaia rereleases items with poses similar to that of older items, they're only knockoffs. I don't think they've ever done a separate rerelease of a pose on its own. Unless they changed the pose somehow, like having the avatar hold the scissors or something, they're not gonna do it.

With that said... Alternatives? Unless it's an item that stays in the cash shop indefinitely, any alternative will end up just as expensive as Ciel is. Once the item goes out of the cash shop, the price would be going up again and it would probably be almost as expensive as Ciel, unless the cash price it had was very low.

crystalblisters's Widower

Shameless Sweetheart

12,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Slider546

I understand the feeling. We have all made an investment that went bad, and I'm not saying that Gaia should remove the scissors pose from Agape.

I just think that they could make quite a bit of money from the cash shop if they were to release the effect of the scissors as either a stand-alone item or included within a bundle of the poses that manipulate item layers.

This is simply an idea, this is NOT me saying:

"Gaia, I don't want to earn gold, can I just have the stuff?"

However, it appears to me that I am the only one who is defending this position, and that the only replies that I am getting to this thread are ones from angry Agape owners who think that everybody who can't justify spending upwards from 2 Million for a single pose, feel "Entitled".

I thank you for being able to communicate your concern while also viewing this from my perspective.

Oh no, I didn't think that's what you were saying at all. I've thought the same thing too, since there have been a couple poses they've done it with and for me, personally, if they did I would gladly trade in the whole Agape for just the scissors just like I did with Western Zodiac for the crown. The thing with the scissors that got me when I first started questing is that it's even less that you're spending that amount of money on a single pose and that you're spending it on the ability to modify so many pre-existing items to make them more aesthetically pleasing which, to me, ended up justifying the purchase. I feel like if the scissors did get released on their own they'd still be worth a pretty hefty sum in that respect. Sorry, I haven't gone through the rest of the thread but I'm sure a lot of people are already bringing up exactly what I'm saying about its flexibility.

Shameless Noob

Okay, firstly, I am huge fan of the item and I own a few of them.

Being so, I am a fan of the items first and the scissor's second.

But I do believe the scissor's should be released again. I mean, why were none of the other Sainte given this pose? It's strange that it exists solely with one version. If they at least give all the versions of Sanite it, I would see the price becoming more reasonable.

Wolf

I bought it only for the scissors and sometime helm.
I don't think gaia will make a new item with the same function.
Petition it like mad. It's ******** ridiculous that an item like that is put in an overpriced s**t of a REI. (Still hating REIs and wanting more normal EIs.)

Omnipresent Loiterer

I bought an Agape for the other poses. I've never used the scissors. Short hair does little for me since I am literally never seen without a hat that covers most of my head. I did the sponsor videos and waited for the bundle it came in. Spent nothing but maybe 5 minutes of my time clicking on things to get it.

It would be nice to split them for those who just want the scissors and those who just want the other poses without the price tag....but then how would Gaia make money when they keep releasing it again? People bought them up and drove up prices because it's one of the few items that will actually retain its value and demand. It wouldn't be fair to them to just give people the reason most people want it.

You know what I want? Silver/white lips without paying 2 mill for a doll whose only real pose is those lips.
But you don't see me bitching about it everywhere.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I just now recently sold my Agape for it's million gold price tag so I could better afford stuff i'd actually use. As a male base user, I rarely had a use for any of the other poses except the scissors. Sometimes looking at long wigs i'll catch myself trying to see how it would look with the scissors and if it's be more useful to me.

If they ever would re-release just the scissors that would be really helpful. Maybe in some sort of temporary form?

Mega Noob

If people just want the pose for the "scissors" maybe something could be worked out in the salon. You know, the place where scissors/cutting hair is the norm? Possibly a pose you buy, even if you have a wig, that is maybe the cost of the most expensive hair? Like the Antoinette wig? Around 50k to have you "split ends taken care of"/"everything evened out in the back"?

Also...

Entitlement entitlement entitlement entitlement entitlement entitlement. (I just want it to be 40 times!) rofl

Shade

If anything, TekTek should work on adding /all/ of the scissor mods instead of a few. What's exhuberantly infuriating is trying to recreate the Scissors pose with the twin tails pose of Dice Bunny for what is easily the single best male hair on the site, and TekTek refuses to have it.

I just don't understand.

Even more doubly infuriating is when people say "just play gaia, you'll get 2 million gold easily" as if that's actually possible to do that in a few hours or so.

There are three ways of getting gold quick on Gaia.

Buying in the cash shop and selling.

Trying your luck at the marketplace.

Booty Grab/zOMG/Games.

The first costs actual money, the second not a damn single person will ever tell you "the tricks of the trade" because you're competition and they want their billions of bux and is incredibly unreliable (******** Jekyll), and the third was gimped so hard it takes more than 8 hours to get 100k, let alone 2mil.

There's a difference between "effort" and "knowing tricks".

It seems everyone high above misunderstands this. It's just like the baby boomers vs our generation argument on jobs.

Tricky Cat

Azavezel
8 hours to get 100k,

1 hour.

HMMM

Your math seems a little off here.
Lapin Lequesne
Azavezel
8 hours to get 100k,

1 hour.

HMMM

I was about to say! Booty Grab is not nearly as slow as he made it out to be. zOMG very well might be, but BG is pretty quick. Got all the items I'm wearing now in just the 4 days I've been here.

Shade

Lapin Lequesne
Azavezel
8 hours to get 100k,

1 hour.

HMMM

For a CL10 in zOMG! ? Sure.

But let's then do further math here.

1 hour nets 50k.

2 hours 100k.

3 hours 150k.

4 hours 200k

at a rate of 50k/hour, it would take approximately 40 straight hours to get 2mil.

That's 2 days of mind numbing, eye bleeding, temper shredding and patience rending torment on a slow as all can get constantly laggy game.

Let's say someone takes their time and spends say, I dunno, an hour long break ever 10 games. That nearly doubles it to 80 hours, and even further.

No, mindlessly clicking is not "effort" and it is in no way shape or form "earning your riches". To say anyone can and should do this to get rich is asinine--almost as asinine as telling people to do the stupid free offers to get gaia cash so they can sell cash shop items.

Worse yet is that I've seen a huge pattern with most richness being more prominent with the advent of RIGs and people getting pants-stainingly lucky with them.

I think the biggest offense of all is the advent of several "vending guilds" who boast of making nearly 8mil a day with no issues whatsoever, and then immediately shutting down any attempts to anyone who is not invited to the "super duper elite club" and growing hysterical if one of their members decides to show pity and tell it all.

It's like a rich person looking to a poor person when they ask how they got that far and saying "Investing" before speeding off in their Ferrari. Well obviously some investing is involved, but you're blatantly omitting details. That's dickish. That doesn't help in any way. Every time I see someone asking how they do it and all they say is "cash shop selling/booty grab/vend" and nothing else, I can pretty much sum up that person either spends all day long surviving massive headaches to get gold that others seem to get with the flick of a wrist and doesn't know the tricks at all, or is one of the big wigs who decide the only owners of millions should be those who already know how to market.

(And no, buy low sell high alone isn't the trick, nor is it even advisable half of the time due to the schizophrenic nature of the Marketplace and of sharker bots)

Tricky Cat

Azavezel
Lapin Lequesne
Azavezel
8 hours to get 100k,

1 hour.

HMMM

For a CL10 in zOMG! ? Sure.

But let's then do further math here.

1 hour nets 50k.

2 hours 100k.

3 hours 150k.

4 hours 200k

at a rate of 50k/hour, it would take approximately 40 straight hours to get 2mil.

That's 2 days of mind numbing, eye bleeding, temper shredding and patience rending torment on a slow as all can get constantly laggy game.

Let's say someone takes their time and spends say, I dunno, an hour long break ever 10 games. That nearly doubles it to 80 hours, and even further.

No, mindlessly clicking is not "effort" and it is in no way shape or form "earning your riches". To say anyone can and should do this to get rich is asinine--almost as asinine as telling people to do the stupid free offers to get gaia cash so they can sell cash shop items.

Worse yet is that I've seen a huge pattern with most richness being more prominent with the advent of RIGs and people getting pants-stainingly lucky with them.

I think the biggest offense of all is the advent of several "vending guilds" who boast of making nearly 8mil a day with no issues whatsoever, and then immediately shutting down any attempts to anyone who is not invited to the "super duper elite club" and growing hysterical if one of their members decides to show pity and tell it all.

It's like a rich person looking to a poor person when they ask how they got that far and saying "Investing" before speeding off in their Ferrari. Well obviously some investing is involved, but you're blatantly omitting details. That's dickish. That doesn't help in any way. Every time I see someone asking how they do it and all they say is "cash shop selling/booty grab/vend" and nothing else, I can pretty much sum up that person either spends all day long surviving massive headaches to get gold that others seem to get with the flick of a wrist and doesn't know the tricks at all, or is one of the big wigs who decide the only owners of millions should be those who already know how to market.

(And no, buy low sell high alone isn't the trick, nor is it even advisable half of the time due to the schizophrenic nature of the Marketplace and of sharker bots)

The point went over your head.

Booty grabbing, 50k in one hour.

You claimed 8 hours for 100k.

Buggy Mage

The main problem I want to try bring attention to, is that Agape directly deducts value from other items. In Polar Tear there was extreme disparity between the amount of neutral styles and the amount of feminine hairstyles. 1 to 3 to be exact. That would be fine if not for the fact that the one neutral hair style was obstructed. Why this would happen, I could only assume a few things. Namely, that Gaia is encouraging the necessity of this item that they may continually sell it. This becomes even more apparent when I noticed how many new short hairstyles are only accessible through this trimming method.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff