Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Dapper Darling

Slider546
I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil or more for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it.
      I like that you use this as your "reason" for why Agape's scissors are overpriced and we need a cheap alternative readily available.

As documented in the Sainte Ciel Fanthread:

Quote:
"Along with the Paladin's Crest, Ciel arms herself with a shining silver sword, and with it, cuts off her flowing hair as a sign of selfless devotion."
      So what's left of your argument? A rather boring sense of entitlement over pixels.

crystalblisters's Widower

Shameless Sweetheart

12,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Part of me wants to see it happen for people still struggling but there is the part of me that would be bitter (and already kind of is that third gen got re-released in the cash shop) since it was the first quest I really put my heart and soul and much gold into. :/

Thieving Tactician

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Brandisher 100
I do love the item and how it can cut hair. I wish I could afford one myself. However, SC: Agape has the issue along the lines of Masquerade's makeup: It is something simple and can be used with a lot of things, but the price tag makes it a pain to get.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Mr. Pierce

Oh hey, that entitlement thing you keep saying isn't in this thread?

I found it! Right there. Little rascal was right in front of our faces the whole time! Who knew?

You seem to have mistaken my subtle allusion to my use of the Cash shop as me saying:

"Gaia, give me gold, I am lazy."

But your sarcasm is duly noted.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
the jilted age
Slider546
I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil or more for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it.
      I like that you use this as your "reason" for why Agape's scissors are overpriced and we need a cheap alternative readily available.

As documented in the Sainte Ciel Fanthread:

Quote:
"Along with the Paladin's Crest, Ciel arms herself with a shining silver sword, and with it, cuts off her flowing hair as a sign of selfless devotion."
      So what's left of your argument? A rather boring sense of entitlement over pixels.

The scissors could have just as easily been written into any other EI.

Either way, I am talking about the function of the pose.

Don't mistake my initial post as a ploy to get a "cheap alternative", I simply think that the function of the scissors should not be bound to an item that is rapidly inflating purely because of the pose's presence.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
matronym
Part of me wants to see it happen for people still struggling but there is the part of me that would be bitter (and already kind of is that third gen got re-released in the cash shop) since it was the first quest I really put my heart and soul and much gold into. :/

I understand the feeling. We have all made an investment that went bad, and I'm not saying that Gaia should remove the scissors pose from Agape.

I just think that they could make quite a bit of money from the cash shop if they were to release the effect of the scissors as either a stand-alone item or included within a bundle of the poses that manipulate item layers.

This is simply an idea, this is NOT me saying:

"Gaia, I don't want to earn gold, can I just have the stuff?"

However, it appears to me that I am the only one who is defending this position, and that the only replies that I am getting to this thread are ones from angry Agape owners who think that everybody who can't justify spending upwards from 2 Million for a single pose, feel "Entitled".

I thank you for being able to communicate your concern while also viewing this from my perspective.
I don't understand the point to releasing an item like that in the cash shop.

I wanted that item just for that hair snipping pose, so I quested, and I got that item.

I also like leg and arm mods, so I quest, and I get them.

You keep saying they should put the item into the cash shop.

They already put that item into the cash shop. It was the St. Ciel itself. The draw of the item is that special pose, and what it does. Just like the draw of other modding items are just that.

They put out different legs mods because they are different. If they put out another hair snipping thing it would just be that exact same item.

It's only 2 mil, why not just Booty Grab? In the time it takes to make a big thread and argue about it, the item could have been gotten.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hello Marletto
I don't understand the point to releasing an item like that in the cash shop.

I wanted that item just for that hair snipping pose, so I quested, and I got that item.

I also like leg and arm mods, so I quest, and I get them.

You keep saying they should put the item into the cash shop.

They already put that item into the cash shop. It was the St. Ciel itself. The draw of the item is that special pose, and what it does. Just like the draw of other modding items are just that.

They put out different legs mods because they are different. If they put out another hair snipping thing it would just be that exact same item.

It's only 2 mil, why not just Booty Grab? In the time it takes to make a big thread and argue about it, the item could have been gotten.

It's not that I don't have the gold to buy it. I just think it's a poor choice to pay 2 million for an item that I don't even like.

At this point, it's just about defending my position for the sake of the argument.
Slider546
matronym

I understand the feeling. We have all made an investment that went bad, and I'm not saying that Gaia should remove the scissors pose from Agape.

I just think that they could make quite a bit of money from the cash shop if they were to release the effect of the scissors as either a stand-alone item or included within a bundle of the poses that manipulate item layers.

This is simply an idea, this is NOT me saying:

"Gaia, I don't want to earn gold, can I just have the stuff?"

However, it appears to me that I am the only one who is defending this position, and that the only replies that I am getting to this thread are ones from angry Agape owners who think that everybody who can't justify spending upwards from 2 Million for a single pose, feel "Entitled".

I thank you for being able to communicate your concern while also viewing this from my perspective.

...angry? xD We already have the item. If you can't justify spending 2 mil for it, then don't get it. And honestly they're probably gonna pop it back into the cash shop multiple times before we ever see the end of Gaia.
Wait, you don't even like the Agape scissors pose? Like for the purpose of hair snipping?

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hello Marletto
...angry? xD We already have the item. If you can't justify spending 2 mil for it, then don't get it. And honestly they're probably gonna pop it back into the cash shop multiple times before we ever see the end of Gaia.

What I mean by "angry" is, the owners who don't want people to be able to acquire the same effect without the expense. These are the people who tend to get a bit intense with their arguments.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hello Marletto
Wait, you don't even like the Agape scissors pose? Like for the purpose of hair snipping?

The hair snipping is a great function, but at this point, it's no longer worth the trouble.
Slider546
Hello Marletto

The hair snipping is a great function, but at this point, it's no longer worth the trouble.

Oh, I guess I don't really look at the rest of the item when I like a pose. I've never used the rest of that item, but I also got a Gogh Reed, etc. for a single pose alone. For me this sort of thing is more of a problem with dolls, seeing as those are clearly released for that one special pose, not really the doll, and so rare. But if a user really wants it, they'll do something to get it.

I don't think putting a scissors pose into the cash shop is the answer, more like... what if further hairs just came out with layering options? It is really cool to play with the scissors and see what you can and can't cut. I've seen some hideous special doll wigs made awesome with that thing. I can't remember which hair I had but at one point it was that doll with the huge space hair I don't even know what I'm talking about it was like brownish blonde.

Maybe the effort of getting the item and paying for it changes depending on the user, with how many different wigs they have?

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hello Marletto
Oh, I guess I don't really look at the rest of the item when I like a pose. I've never used the rest of that item, but I also got a Gogh Reed, etc. for a single pose alone. For me this sort of thing is more of a problem with dolls, seeing as those are clearly released for that one special pose, not really the doll, and so rare. But if a user really wants it, they'll do something to get it.

I don't think putting a scissors pose into the cash shop is the answer, more like... what if further hairs just came out with layering options? It is really cool to play with the scissors and see what you can and can't cut. I've seen some hideous special doll wigs made awesome with that thing. I can't remember which hair I had but at one point it was that doll with the huge space hair I don't even know what I'm talking about it was like brownish blonde.

Maybe the effort of getting the item and paying for it changes depending on the user, with how many different wigs they have?

Awesome concept, but that's another thing that will bring down the thunder on you.

Anybody who has ever made an investment knows that there is nothing worse than seeing the gold you spent on it just dwindle away, this is the reason I keep on getting the "angry" responses from many Agape owners.

Nobody wants anybody else to have an advantage over them. God forbid, we might be able to get the same effect as they did, but for less gold.

The funny thing is all these people keep saying "2 Mil really isn't that much" only care because it IS "that much".

To anybody who has millions in gold constantly available to them, losing 2 Mil is really nothing.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Slider546

Awesome concept, but that's another thing that will bring down the thunder on you.

Anybody who has ever made an investment knows that there is nothing worse than seeing the gold you spent on it just dwindle away, this is the reason I keep on getting the "angry" responses from many Agape owners.

Nobody wants anybody else to have an advantage over them. God forbid, we might be able to get the same effect as they did, but for less gold.

The funny thing is all these people keep saying "2 Mil really isn't that much" only care because it IS "that much".

To anybody who has millions in gold constantly available to them, losing 2 Mil is really nothing.

Most experienced Gaians know that Gaia reserves the right to rerelease any item they choose. What people are complaining about here is that, one, the item has already been rereleased and it wasn't that long ago. The price dropped to about 500k and people had a chance to get it then. Second, the sense of entitlement that seems to be floating around. Why should Gaia give special preference to the scissors pose? There are a ton of expensive items where I only like one pose. If someone asked for Gaia to release the hair from Thea the Unicorn as a standalone item, would you be in support of it? Why should the item YOU want get a special, low-cost release as a single pose item?

I'm in full support of Gaia rereleasing it, I do think more people should have a chance to get it, but I still say Gaia should wait a while.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff