Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
teaparty in space

I'm not saying I'm against a new one being released...Im just tired of this entitled attitude some people seem to have with high priced items.

Yeeeeah, I'm kind of getting that vibe too. Honestly, if people asked Gaia to do this with a different item, a different pose (like, say, the hair in Thea the Unicorn) they'd get told something like "You can't have every item on the site" or "You're not entitled to any item here". So, why any different for the scissors? I get that the scissors are extremely useful and versatile, but they're still just another item.

Intergalactic Recruit

Honestly, you do realize the reason it is so expensive is BECAUSE of the scissor pose, right? Eros, its counterpart, is much cheaper. Now I will give Agape more cred for price because I know white/silver/cream is more popular than crimson/black right now, and the closed eye pose is more appealing than Eros'.

However, while it is "unfair", Gaia isn't about being fair. It's about making money.

Is it fair that all the facial expression items are 10mil+? No.

Is it fair all the decent hair items are mostly several million? No.

Is it fair all the nice eye items are several million? No.

Is it fair that a lot of the RIG animals are 20-40mil? No.

Gaia is about making money and making its users dedicated. If something is rare, desirable, and costs a lot of gold, that means that if someone wants it, they need to spend a lot of time here (or real money to pay Gaia's bills), to get it.

While 3-4mil is still a lot of gold, it's not as much (or as hard to get) as 10million gold. Nevermind all the people who spend a ton of time or real money on Gaia to get Agape, then to have the scissor item available elsewhere and all their time/money were for nothing. That happens often with a lot of items.

Anyway, I'd usually feel bad because I'm in the same boat you're in with a lot of items I really want, but at the same time, I don't expect anyone, or Gaia, to cater to me. I'd rather have Gaia focus on the ridiculously priced 20mil items that only a small percentage of users can obtain, yet are popular, desirable, and very useful items that the majority would like to obtain, like facial expressions. That seems like a more legit request/complaint.
Slider546

You know how gaia rereleases certain popular EI's or REI's? Well, Agape is very popular and most likely they might make a bundle with that item, with the new gen all the others will decrease in value. I mean, I've never seen an evolving item reach such a high price. 3.3mil for 1st gen. lol Got mine at 500k @~@
jettisoned corpse

Although to comment on that, all items on gaia that aren't monthly collectibles have a possibility of being re-released. We've been seeing that a lot. In Thanksgiving a lot of those 30-40million items went down to 6million, like the Uni. And since the release of Ashen Marionette, Pale went down to half the value. So Agape could be next. Perhaps not now, but later on. Secret Retreat and Masquerade took a while, but look they were relreased. xD

Wheezing Smoker

20,125 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Slider546
Many users think that Gaia should create a pose that has the same effect as Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors.

I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it.

For those of you who don't know, Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors pose manipulates that furthest back layer of wigs and other hair items, creating the illusion that the hair was "cut".

This is the method that many people use to get rid of long ponytails from hairstyles, or other features of wigs that would mask another items that is equipped.

Thoughts?

Edit:

NOTE

This thread was NOT created so that Agape owners could wage a flame war against the users who are unwilling, unable, or otherwise cannot justify the purchase of Sainte Ciel: Agape.

This thread is for the discussion of the re-release of this pose, and others that are similar to it, in a form that is affordable to many Gaians.

It's up to 3m now...

I'm so angry.

Ysopet's Wife

Lavish Decorator

53,825 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Married 100
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Do I think that the scissors pose should be put into the gold shops? No. However, I do not mind at all if this pose pops up in future Cash Shop items, either as a re-release of Agape or as a part of another item. That way supply could never truly dwindle as it would be re-introduced into the system once in a while.

Another viable option that could be considered would be putting the scissors pose alone in the CS for a smaller price but one time use only AKA if you want to change your hairstyle, you should buy another one.

Tricky Cat

Non-toxic Cliche
Slider546
Many users think that Gaia should create a pose that has the same effect as Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors.

I, personally, don't think that people should have to pay 2 Mil for an item just for a pose that has no real relation to it.

For those of you who don't know, Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors pose manipulates that furthest back layer of wigs and other hair items, creating the illusion that the hair was "cut".

This is the method that many people use to get rid of long ponytails from hairstyles, or other features of wigs that would mask another items that is equipped.

Thoughts?

Edit:

NOTE

This thread was NOT created so that Agape owners could wage a flame war against the users who are unwilling, unable, or otherwise cannot justify the purchase of Sainte Ciel: Agape.

This thread is for the discussion of the re-release of this pose, and others that are similar to it, in a form that is affordable to many Gaians.

It's up to 3m now...

I'm so angry.

Off topic: Yo girly, I just wanted to let you know that your signature's like, 546px tall.
The limit is 500 girl!

Might wanna change that.

On topic:

Just because opinions are strong doesnt mean its a flamewar. People are backing their opinions with reasons, and to call it a flamewar is an insult to those people who choose to express themselves.

Wheezing Smoker

20,125 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Lapin Lequesne
cheese_whine

Off topic: Yo girly, I just wanted to let you know that your signature's like, 546px tall.
The limit is 500 girl!

Might wanna change that.

On topic:

Just because opinions are strong doesnt mean its a flamewar. People are backing their opinions with reasons, and to call it a flamewar is an insult to those people who choose to express themselves.

Is that better?

User Image

I never said anything about a flame war! I just have outrage because it literally was 2m yesterday, and all of a sudden it jumped like crazy. gonk

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Non-toxic Cliche
Slider546

Thoughts?

Edit:

NOTE

It's up to 3m now...

I'm so angry.

This thread probably had something to do with that. stare

Tricky Ladykiller

300k (or somesuch) single-use scissors in the salon would make a good gold sink. Or even $1 single-use in the cash shop would bring in a chunk of revenue.

As for the "fairness" of it, I do think it was regretful that it was put on another item and not a standalone. Since it's not an actual "pose" and modifies other poses, it seems like it shouldn't have been a part of another item, even though it thematically fit Agape. But life isn't fair so you have to get over it and move on~

Tricky Cat

Non-toxic Cliche
Lapin Lequesne
cheese_whine

The limit is 500 girl!

Might wanna change that.

On topic:

Is that better?

User Image

I never said anything about a flame war! I just have outrage because it literally was 2m yesterday, and all of a sudden it jumped like crazy. gonk

10/10

And the flame war was to the guy you quoted.

Hes here often enough, hell see it

Wheezing Smoker

20,125 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Slider546

Meh.

I just want it for fun?

It feels like my fun is being limited. T^T

I finally got to 2M and then BOOM, it's at 3 >.>

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Lapin Lequesne

There were quite a few people earlier in the thread who were just trying to make trouble, but most of them either deleted or edited their posts after I changed the first post to say what it says now.

I have no problem with strong opinions, people should be able to express themselves however they wish.

My definition of "flamewar" here is any users who go back an forth with insults and downers in their arguments.

The purpose of this thread was to encourage discussion, not to host people who can't play nice.

By no means am I insulting the people who feel strongly about this, I am simply requesting a bit of restraint on their part.

Shameless Streaker

Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Two million gold, really, is nothing.

THIS.
When so many other RIG items are 10 mill - 30mil how can people be complaining about a 2-3mill item? Just save up and quest like everyone else.

Reveler

II-A_Lovely_Disgrace-II
Slider546

You know how gaia rereleases certain popular EI's or REI's? Well, Agape is very popular and most likely they might make a bundle with that item, with the new gen all the others will decrease in value. I mean, I've never seen an evolving item reach such a high price. 3.3mil for 1st gen. lol Got mine at 500k @~@

I'm pretty sure that the rerelease has all ready happened?
I picked one up for a million a few months ago, I think it was then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff