Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hi-Potion
VVhip
A lot of what I'm seeing here are statements that have nothing to do with the pose being available to more people. Many who are posting are far more concerned with losing gold on an investment.

I wonder how many that do not own the item, do not want to see a similar functioning item released.

And I wonder if those that do own it are actually concerned with more than just an investment or on principle.

Principle doesn't count, let's be realistic. Gaia doesn't have principles in mind when it makes items. It's a business, a few pissed off investors aren't going damage Gaia. Nor are they going to even leave. They've put too much into the site. They've invested time and have a lot to show for it. Who would leave a site over one investment piece? What Gaia are concerned with are sales. Would this make them more money? HELL YES! I'm not calling Gaia greedy here. I'm calling them smart business people!

Investment loss alone is not a good enough reason not to re-release an item that has such broad function on the site. That's your gamble for buying an item that may be re-released or may have a cheaper alternative released.

Investors worried about income loss, If the item gets cheaper and you lose your 2mil, you can do as some of you have recommend others to do. Quest it back. You all make it sound simple. 2 mil isn't that hard to make, Surely you can make it back easy as pie. wink
My main problem is that people feel ENTITLED to every expensive item for super cheap.
Like I wouldnt MIND if they rereleased Agape.
But not for gold.
For cash.
At a high price. 1000-1500 GC a pop. Maybe more.
The only reason Im vindictive about this is 1. because people have had 3 chances at this item while it was cheap 2. they want it even cheaper than when it was 400k-500k. They just feel so entitled to the point of having it as a single pose item or even a gold item. I mean, I've had to work for so many items. Plenty of people work long and hard for their items. Its kind of annoying that people literally just want them to be given away.

This point has been visited already, albeit much earlier in the thread, but it has been talked about nonetheless.

Nobody here has asked that the item be given to them for less gold, we are discussing the re-release of the pose as a stand alone item or included within a bundle of all the poses that can manipulate the layers of other items.
Yes, the scissors are included within the story of it, but that does not mean that it should forever be bound to Agape.

Your second point is also one that was already made.

Many people were not here for the original releases of the item, therefore, it is not their fault that they did not get it.

For example, I myself took a 2.5 year break from Gaia before coming back a couple weeks ago, and I did not have the opportunity to purchase Agape while it was in the cash shop.

Does that mean that I, and other users like me, should be put at a disadvantage because the current owners don't want their investment to wane?

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Slider546
Many people were not here for the original releases of the item, therefore, it is not their fault that they did not get it.

For example, I myself took a 2.5 year break from Gaia before coming back a couple weeks ago, and I did not have the opportunity to purchase Agape while it was in the cash shop.

Does that mean that I, and other users like me, should be put at a disadvantage because the current owners don't want their investment to wane?

I don't want to be a jerk, but...
Yes?

Isn't that how it is with most/all other items? I guess I'm just not understanding your line of thinking here. You'd think that a good website would reward users who are dedicated and loyal?

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Obsequious Minion
Slider546

Yes?

Isn't that how it is with most/all other items? I guess I'm just not understanding your line of thinking here. You'd think that a good website would reward users who are dedicated and loyal?

No offense taken, that's your opinion.

But there are things that happen outside of our simple virtual realm that require our attention, whether it be for 2 minutes or 2 years is of no consequence.

What matters now is that were back, and we want to look good.

Which is why we are having this discussion in the first place.
smile

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Slider546
Hi-Potion
VVhip
A lot of what I'm seeing here are statements that have nothing to do with the pose being available to more people. Many who are posting are far more concerned with losing gold on an investment.

I wonder how many that do not own the item, do not want to see a similar functioning item released.

And I wonder if those that do own it are actually concerned with more than just an investment or on principle.

Principle doesn't count, let's be realistic. Gaia doesn't have principles in mind when it makes items. It's a business, a few pissed off investors aren't going damage Gaia. Nor are they going to even leave. They've put too much into the site. They've invested time and have a lot to show for it. Who would leave a site over one investment piece? What Gaia are concerned with are sales. Would this make them more money? HELL YES! I'm not calling Gaia greedy here. I'm calling them smart business people!

Investment loss alone is not a good enough reason not to re-release an item that has such broad function on the site. That's your gamble for buying an item that may be re-released or may have a cheaper alternative released.

Investors worried about income loss, If the item gets cheaper and you lose your 2mil, you can do as some of you have recommend others to do. Quest it back. You all make it sound simple. 2 mil isn't that hard to make, Surely you can make it back easy as pie. wink
My main problem is that people feel ENTITLED to every expensive item for super cheap.
Like I wouldnt MIND if they rereleased Agape.
But not for gold.
For cash.
At a high price. 1000-1500 GC a pop. Maybe more.
The only reason Im vindictive about this is 1. because people have had 3 chances at this item while it was cheap 2. they want it even cheaper than when it was 400k-500k. They just feel so entitled to the point of having it as a single pose item or even a gold item. I mean, I've had to work for so many items. Plenty of people work long and hard for their items. Its kind of annoying that people literally just want them to be given away.

This point has been visited already, albeit much earlier in the thread, but it has been talked about nonetheless.

Nobody here has asked that the item be given to them for less gold, we are discussing the re-release of the pose as a stand alone item or included within a bundle of all the poses that can manipulate the layers of other items.
Yes, the scissors are included within the story of it, but that does not mean that it should forever be bound to Agape.

Your second point is also one that was already made.

And?
The I WAS the one who made those points originally in this thread. Or one of them.

And people were asking for them to be less gold. Didnt you read this at all?

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Obsequious Minion
Slider546

Yes?

Yes, this.
If a prospective investment doesn't have some temporal impetus... is it technically even an investment in the first place?

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Slider546
Obsequious Minion
Slider546

Yes?

But there are things that happen outside of our simple virtual realm that require our attention, whether it be for 2 minutes or 2 years is of no consequence.

smile

I suppose... but gaia has already made it very clear that some of their items are only available for a limited time, and I think it's reasonable to accept that if you're going to be gone for any amount of time, you're risking missing out on something good. I've missed my one chance at certain items by being away from the computer for a day. But it's just something that I've come to expect, really.

And I'm not saying this because I'm against a rerelease of Agape... honestly, I'd be fine if gaia rereleased Agape over and over, and I doubt that they're done already. I just think that everyone should have to work at least as hard as we did in order to get the pose, and maybe have a little patience about it.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hi-Potion
And?The I WAS the one who made those points originally in this thread. Or one of them.

Not once in this thread has somebody said:

"Wow, they should make the price lower because I can't afford it."

However, people are suggesting that the scissors pose in particular be released into the cash or gold shops.

If you choose to interpret this as them asking for the item, then that is your choice.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Slider546
Hi-Potion
And?The I WAS the one who made those points originally in this thread. Or one of them.

However, people are suggesting that the scissors pose in particular be released into the cash or gold shops.

If you choose to interpret this as them asking for the item, then that is your choice.

You're asking for the part you want out of the item.
It isn't really much different to only asking for the icing off the cupcake because that's the only part you want to eat, imo.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Luboticus
Slider546
Hi-Potion

It isn't really much different to only asking for the icing off the cupcake because that's the only part you want to eat, imo.

Icing is sold separately before it is put on the cupcake.

Icing can also be applied to many baked goods, just like the scissors can be applied to many different items.

Dangerous Rogue

Slider546
Obsequious Minion
Slider546

Yes?

smile

That's a nice scarf you've got there. When I was a newb, I wanted one really bad, I missed out on it by a couple of months, and gold was so hard to earn back then I couldn't afford the new DI, let alone an older one. Gaia should re-release it so that I can get it. There are so many users that weren't here when that item came out that there's no way they could ever get one.

Who do I sound like?

Anyway, Agape has three generations. It's an REI, so that means it already WAS re-released. I guess you missed the memo? And let's be honest here, there's really only one reason people want the Agape, and that's for a little scissors action.

I also have to really wonder why your opinion matters, mr. Numbers-in-name, where as Obsequitous' a d Hi-Potion's don't?

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Slider546
Hi-Potion

Yes. They did. People were saying they wanted a gold shop version of the Agape for 50k a pop,
Reading is good for you.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Slider546
Luboticus
Slider546
Hi-Potion

Icing is sold separately before it is put on the cupcake.

Icing can also be applied to many baked goods, just like the scissors can be applied to many different items.

I give up. sweatdrop

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Espirit dTatame
That's a nice scarf you've got there. When I was a newb, I wanted one really bad, I missed out on it by a couple of months, and gold was so hard to earn back then I couldn't afford the new DI, let alone an older one. Gaia should re-release it so that I can get it. There are so many users that weren't here when that item came out that there's no way they could ever get one.

Who do I sound like?

Anyway, Agape has three generations. It's an REI, so that means it already WAS re-released. I guess you missed the memo? And let's be honest here, there's really only one reason people want the Agape, and that's for a little scissors action.

You should probably have read through the thread before replying emotion_facepalm

My scarf is nothing like the scissors pose, it is a single-pose item that had a limited release when the cash shop was still an embryo, there was no real way that it could be re-released because of its history as one of the first donation items. That was a poor example.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Hi-Potion
Slider546
Hi-Potion

Yes. They did. People were saying they wanted a gold shop version of the Agape for 50k a pop,
Reading is good for you.

I stand corrected. I must have missed it in the shuffle of things.

But just because one or two people choose to ask for it cheaper, doesn't mean that everybody who has suggested the pose's re-release feel entitled to it.

Dangerous Rogue

Slider546
Espirit dTatame

Who do I sound like?

You should probably have read through the thread before replying emotion_facepalm

My scarf is nothing like the scissors pose, it is a single-pose item that had a limited release when the cash shop was still an embryo, there was no real way that it could be re-released because of its history as one of the first donation items. That was a poor example.

There was no cash shop when that item was released. How is it a bad argument? Please, explain it to me. It didn't have a limited release, it was only available for a limited time, there is a difference.

The Agape was available for far longer than the nitemare scarf, and is far cheaper. If the Agape scissors pose is so important to you, then you could easily sell your scarf and buy five of them. The agape was re-released, and it will be again eventually. It will most likely be re-coloured, eventually.

Oisin's Blessing would be worthless without the eyes, Pale Marionette worthless without the hair. Agape would be worthless without the scissors. Look at the average price of REIs, Agape outpaces them by miles. Gaia is a free market, and things are priced based on supply and demand. I can recommend a good guide to help you understand it, if you want.

Just because an item has multiple poses doesn't mean people don't only want it for one. And just because you weren't here doesn't mean you deserve something that you don't have, mr. Numbers-name.

Unless you think they should re-release the scarf, which there's really no reason why they couldn't, there are plenty of users who want it, they'd make a good amount of money.

If price weren't the issue, then why would anyone care if it were re-released? What's the name of this thread again? Hmm, you don't say?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff