Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.46575342465753 46.6% [ 306 ]
No 0.47488584474886 47.5% [ 312 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.059360730593607 5.9% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 657 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Scholarly Storyteller

25,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
i think most people understand that REIs/EIs can be released as many times as Gaia sees fit

Fausto's bottle has been re-released at least 2-3x times before soooo....

as for the whole business perspective thing, overall i think it'd be better (from a business perspective) to give more opportunities to make the pose available. Why? Because gaia can sell more - not only sell more sainte ciel units, but also sell more of their other items that have wigs in them.

w/the scissors, one wig turns into TWO wigs for a customer who has the ability to cut the wig/hair shorter. it expands the marketability of items with wigs. so from a business perspective, re-releasing the cutting pose is pretty advantageous for not only gaia but also for the larger population of its users. it can turn girly wigs into masculine wigs after all. an item that was previously undesirable might become desirable because a wig item could be 'cut short' into a masculine wig, which = more potential cash shop sales of those wig items.

to be fair, re-releasing sainte ciel so many times is getting old. i'd rather see other REIs in new bundles than see another sainte X/X revenge. i agree with others that it would be cool if there were a permanent cash shop hair cutting item that required you to equip a handheld as well. or maybe give Vanessa a hair-cutting cash shop option for like 10-50GC each cut/reversal.

Princess Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Gamine
ninja-no-ryu
I said this before in the last thread, the last time this came up. We should have an alternative, because every other popular pose has an alternative.

Hell if we had something like the "bangs" we have now, except instead of affecting the "bangs" layer of a hairstyle have it affect the farthest back-most layer of the hairstyle, and have it in different styles that'd work too. Having a shorter "tail" [I guess you could call it?] could achieve a similar effect to the scissors. Or I dunno, have a mask like we have from Catastrophe or Owlpocolypse but only apply it to the back layer of hair instead of the whole avatar- that might work.

But no. The vast majority of the thread last time was: "Shut up, you had multiple chances to get this item, it's your fault." ******** you. I have two of the damn things, and I think we should have something of an alternative to this pose.

Ooh an alternative would be neat. What if we had like, a Scrunchie for longer styles and/or a Hair Clip for bangs? Various items which effect different layers of the hair in different ways without being a direct copy of the Scissors.
I'd dig it. I'd dig it hard.
Honestly, I would LOVE for something that got rig of bangs xD

Obsessive Pants

17,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Hi-Potion
Gamine
ninja-no-ryu
I said this before in the last thread, the last time this came up. We should have an alternative, because every other popular pose has an alternative.

Hell if we had something like the "bangs" we have now, except instead of affecting the "bangs" layer of a hairstyle have it affect the farthest back-most layer of the hairstyle, and have it in different styles that'd work too. Having a shorter "tail" [I guess you could call it?] could achieve a similar effect to the scissors. Or I dunno, have a mask like we have from Catastrophe or Owlpocolypse but only apply it to the back layer of hair instead of the whole avatar- that might work.

But no. The vast majority of the thread last time was: "Shut up, you had multiple chances to get this item, it's your fault." ******** you. I have two of the damn things, and I think we should have something of an alternative to this pose.

Ooh an alternative would be neat. What if we had like, a Scrunchie for longer styles and/or a Hair Clip for bangs? Various items which effect different layers of the hair in different ways without being a direct copy of the Scissors.
I'd dig it. I'd dig it hard.
Honestly, I would LOVE for something that got rig of bangs xD

Seconded. That would be amazing.

Princess Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
VVhip
A lot of what I'm seeing here are statements that have nothing to do with the pose being available to more people. Many who are posting are far more concerned with losing gold on an investment.

I wonder how many that do not own the item, do not want to see a similar functioning item released.

And I wonder if those that do own it are actually concerned with more than just an investment or on principle.

Principle doesn't count, let's be realistic. Gaia doesn't have principles in mind when it makes items. It's a business, a few pissed off investors aren't going damage Gaia. Nor are they going to even leave. They've put too much into the site. They've invested time and have a lot to show for it. Who would leave a site over one investment piece? What Gaia are concerned with are sales. Would this make them more money? HELL YES! I'm not calling Gaia greedy here. I'm calling them smart business people!

Investment loss alone is not a good enough reason not to re-release an item that has such broad function on the site. That's your gamble for buying an item that may be re-released or may have a cheaper alternative released.

Investors worried about income loss, If the item gets cheaper and you lose your 2mil, you can do as some of you have recommend others to do. Quest it back. You all make it sound simple. 2 mil isn't that hard to make, Surely you can make it back easy as pie. wink
My main problem is that people feel ENTITLED to every expensive item for super cheap.
Like I wouldnt MIND if they rereleased Agape.
But not for gold.
For cash.
At a high price. 1000-1500 GC a pop. Maybe more.
The only reason Im vindictive about this is 1. because people have had 3 chances at this item while it was cheap 2. they want it even cheaper than when it was 400k-500k. They just feel so entitled to the point of having it as a single pose item or even a gold item. I mean, I've had to work for so many items. Plenty of people work long and hard for their items. Its kind of annoying that people literally just want them to be given away.

Sparkly Fairy

I would love it, but I doubt it'll never happen.

Lonely Lover

I very highly doubt that this will happen.

The reason I'm questing for Agape is to get the scissors, too; I just think that perhaps the price could go down a bit and be a little bit more comparable to the other Sainte Ciels.

Gaian

The price isn't going to go down, though, without a rerelease or something.

at this point, honestly, I just feel like the scissors should have never been released that way in the first place...

Sparkly Pirate

16,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
ninja-no-ryu

The problem is, I don't think an alternative CAN be made. The Ciel scissors don't truly "cut" hair, they remove one of the layers. Prior to Ciel, there were a ton of item glitches that would create that effect, and the Ciel scissors were probably inspired by those. It's why the scissors don't work with some hairstyles, or at least, don't work well with them. If you want to make an alternative item that cuts hair in a different way, it would require changing the layers of every single hairstyle and wig item we have. And that could, in turn, affect the way the Ciel scissors work, not to mention the way other items (like hats and scarves, really, anything that touches the hair) fit, so they'd have to fix that.

Sparkly Pirate

16,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
Lazarus Larkin
The price isn't going to go down, though, without a rerelease or something.

at this point, honestly, I just feel like the scissors should have never been released that way in the first place...

Eh, to be fair, Gaia probably didn't expect the scissors to be so insanely popular in the first place. I imagine the item was inspired by glitches that "cut" the hair, and, well, it's not like there were many users who were intentionally using those glitches.

Fashionable Genius

I bought 3 when they first came out last fall. It was a good investment. And no, I don't think they are gonna make a similar item. emotion_awesome

Receiver

Elizabeth of York
I bought 3 when they first came out last fall. It was a good investment. And no, I don't think they are gonna make a similar item. emotion_awesome
emotion_brofist

Sparkly Kitten

16,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Gaia's not gonna make a free item for the gold shop, when they know that if they put Agape back in the CS, like in a bundle, people who don't want to pay 2mil for one in the MP will buy it with real monies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games