Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 42 > >>

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Slider546

Nobody has DEMANDED that it be sold to them, the suggestion is that a pose that has as many uses as Agape's scissors does, should not be bound to an item whose other poses have little to no allure to other users.

At this point, very few people are buying Sainte Ciel: Agape for its clothing. They are buying it because of the scissors, and that has resulted in the inflation of it's price considerably.

And as for your last point, Do I care about the appearance of my pixels on a website where there is virtual currency? Yes. I enjoy creating my avatar and I enjoy posting in the forums(using the said avatar as a virtual representation of me), and I enjoy debates similar to this one.

However, I am not about to insult and attack other users opinions because they non-canon with my own.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and none of us have the right to say that someone's opinion is less than ours.

Releasing the Disciple pose from its original item where it is tied to the rest of the poses just to satisfy a group of users who do not have Sainte Ciel: Agape is the same as if I were to suggest that the dress-modifying skirt from Keiko's Cake be released as a standalone pose just because I don't like the other poses (I actually really do love the other poses, but it's just an example). The skirt is versatile and affects many dresses on the site, turning them into completely different ensembles. So should it be done too? It's a terrible idea because it'd set a precedent and that's the last thing we need, people clamoring that because this group of people wanted one pose on its own that this other pose should be on its own too.

I'm not even attacking or insulting other people's opinions, I'm stating mine and pointing out the flaws in some of the logic. *shrugs* Take it how you will, but my intent was not to attack anyone just because we don't agree.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

isn't that the main reason it's so expensive though?
2mil isn't even that much so, if you want it that badly just quest for it.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Sweet Talk Tether
Slider546

Nobody has DEMANDED that it be sold to them, the suggestion is that a pose that has as many uses as Agape's scissors does, should not be bound to an item whose other poses have little to no allure to other users.

At this point, very few people are buying Sainte Ciel: Agape for its clothing. They are buying it because of the scissors, and that has resulted in the inflation of it's price considerably.

And as for your last point, Do I care about the appearance of my pixels on a website where there is virtual currency? Yes. I enjoy creating my avatar and I enjoy posting in the forums(using the said avatar as a virtual representation of me), and I enjoy debates similar to this one.

However, I am not about to insult and attack other users opinions because they non-canon with my own.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and none of us have the right to say that someone's opinion is less than ours.

Releasing the Disciple pose from its original item where it is tied to the rest of the poses just to satisfy a group of users who do not have Sainte Ciel: Agape is the same as if I were to suggest that the dress-modifying skirt from Keiko's Cake be released as a standalone pose just because I don't like the other poses (I actually really do love the other poses, but it's just an example). The skirt is versatile and affects many dresses on the site, turning them into completely different ensembles. So should it be done too? It's a terrible idea because it'd set a precedent and that's the last thing we need, people clamoring that because this group of people wanted one pose on its own that this other pose should be on its own too.

I'm not even attacking or insulting other people's opinions, I'm stating mine and pointing out the flaws in some of the logic. *shrugs* Take it how you will, but my intent was not to attack anyone just because we don't agree.

There are other items that do that though. I had two.
It's not like Ciel where there is one that does it really really well. I agree though they should not rerelese it on principle. It leads to a bad road.
The solution? Hair modding items on par with the scissors! Party~

Overly dramatic tone also a black beret: Also it is really easy to seem insulting online, although the intent was not there the hurt is still real. Should the original writer feel bad when it is not their fault, it is not the fault of the person that misinterpreted it either. Is true culprit is the medium in which we communicate or the rigidness people put to their ideas. There feeling that none understands and all is the enemy? Or the fact that we always think of out option as the best one? Are we forever doomed to never understand one another? Solution make everything insulting and never worry about people taking it the wrong way.
Wait what?

dancing_ice's Fangirl

Slider546
Leizce
I think agape isn't popular just because of its scissors but also for its closed eyes that deflated chuchip.
Anyway, I think a pose ought to be unique to the item it was released in. As for making it readily accessible, I'd rather they go for rereleases of the whole item rather than just its pose. 3nodding

The thing is, the scissors pose really has no relation to the item's other poses whatsoever, it is an extremely versatile pose that can be applied to many other items.

Those of us who only want the Agape for the scissors feel that the same effect should be obtainable for less expense.

I don't really get what you mean by no relation, because if it means what I think it is, then it means gaia ought to stop releasing items that has multi poses. After all, it's just that one pose we're really after.
Example, Sdplus dolls has poses like hair or eyes, people usually don't buy it so they can display dolls on their avi, but for that additional pose. So going by that logic, dolls and hair/eye poses that come with it should be sold separately.

But the thing is, if demand is high enough, even if it's a single pose, the price will still be expensive. Only way for it to be really accessible for everyone is to turn it into a store item, but will gaia ever pass up the chance on profiting from an item by selling it in the gold store? Highly unlikely.

And would you be happier buying scissors that is single pose but expensive, than agape with scissors and the other poses as well?

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I'm sorry, but unless you have tons of time to devote to vending, BG, HoC, or whatever then 2 million is a lot of gold to some of us. As much as I love gaia, I have RL priorities. Heck, I had to take an almost 2 year break because of em. During this time I missed the Agape as well as each time it was released again.

Personally I'd love to see it released maybe once a year, on it's anniversary or something. Gaia still makes money, everyone has equal access. Happy, happy, happy.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I wish I was rich enough that I didn't think 2 mil was a lot >.>

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
It's not practical to ask Gaia to take a pose from a cash item and put the exact same thing at a low gold cost. Gaia CAN do it if they want, it's their item and their site, but it would set a bad precedent. If they release a cash pose, an extremely popular and expensive one at that, for a comparatively small amount of gold, it runs the risk of taking away faith in cash items. People buy cash items for their exclusivity and if something leads them to believe that Gaia will just release it for a low gold price later on, they'll be less likely to buy the cash shop version.

Though I do support rereleasing the item. (again) Even a million is a lot to many people, I say give more people a chance to get this item at a reasonable price, especially since it's something so versatile.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
IDS Wheatley
I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?

Doesn't work like that. The scissors pose works by messing with existing layers. I imagine the pose was inspired by the many item glitches that would "cut" hair. It's why the scissors sometimes have weird effects or no effects on some hairstyles. Cutting the hair in different ways would require altering layers, adding more layers, etc.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Slider546

I would be slightly angry if they made an item that I bought deflate too, it's understandable.

However. Why should they make the pose exclusive to an item with no other allure to many users? Even if they did create the "Scissors" item as a cash or gold shop option, the other poses and props that are related to Agape would still be there, the item would just be less exclusive because the scissors can be acquired elsewhere.

Question: Why should Gaia do this to the scissors, but not to any other item pose? Yes, the scissors are extremely versatile and thus extremely popular, but they're still just another item pose on this site. If Gaia released a separate scissors pose, it would set a precedent and then everyone would be begging Gaia to make separate poses of other expensive items, like hairstyles and eyes from rare RIG pets. And what is Gaia supposed to say to justify a separate rerelease for the scissors but not for any other item? People who want the hair from Thea the Unicorn but don't want to pay nine million, they won't see a difference. There are plenty of poses from larger items that I want, but the items are too expensive for me to justify paying. (it's not usually that I CAN'T, just that I WON'T) If Gaia releases the scissors as a low-cost, standalone pose, why not give me the kitchen in Keiko's Cake? I love that kitchen background but don't care about any of the other poses, so I'm not gonna pay 500k. (though I'm convinced that the item is going to get rereleased in a bundle someday, and I'll buy then cat_rofl ) Why do people get the Ciel scissors cheap when I can't get that kitchen without paying 500k?

Honestly, I wouldn't take any personal issue with it if Gaia implemented your idea. Even if I didn't buy my Ciel with cash, I understand that Gaia can rerelease any non-MC item at any time. But I'm not sure it would be a good idea, because of the precedent it sets. Still in FULL support of rereleasing the item again.

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Having the option in the salon for 50k or so would make a decent gold sink.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Fire 0ak
I'm sorry but I don't see why the users should be punished for not liking an item that clearly wasn't designed with them in mind.

Why should it matter who the item was "made for" if a person likes the scissors pose? I genuinely don't understand why you find that offensive or why it is a barrier to buying the item.

Dominant Lover

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
They probably won't do it since it'll make those who own the Sainte Ciel Agape pretty angry and rightfully so. confused

Receiver

Hell no. I put a lot of investment in hoarding these scissors

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas