Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.46898638426626 46.9% [ 310 ]
No 0.47201210287443 47.2% [ 312 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.059001512859304 5.9% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 661 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Manly Cub

Sweet Talk Tether
Sir Black Tea
Sweet Talk Tether
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

That is completely asinine. Why shouldn't it be exclusive to one item, especially when it's a plot point in the REI's story? It was available three times before, it isn't some rare RIG item. Your sense of entitlement over a single pose is astonishingly ridiculous. I could understand if we were talking about Lovely Lucie (putting it in a chance item a la Faust's Bottle was ******** stupid), but this is an item that anyone could buy from the Cash Shop for $5 or shell out at the least 300K back when it was still in the CS. Not everyone had the same ability to get this "shiny item," but with a little effort, anyone had a decent chance. It isn't elitist or rude to point out that many of you are complaining without having put any effort into getting an SC: Agape now, nor when it was in the CS for so long. This is like the ultimate "you snooze, you lose" situation.

I'm not here to have a huge e-peen of "I WAS THERE SO I GOT IT" and "HA HA YOU DON'T WORK HARD LOSER NOTHING FOR YOU." I'm here to make avatars. I truly think that an item so usable and versatile should be readily available to all.

It is elitist to feel this way: that because I don't devote enough time or money to this website, I am barred from having an opinion that something should be easily accessible.

The thing is that it WAS readily available to all, not once, not twice, but THREE times. It's terribly easy to make enough gold to get the item, even if you don't invest much time on Gaia. The item was $5, a rather low price for something so many seem to consider "so important" and "so usable and versatile." I never said you couldn't have your opinion on the matter, but you're not making a very good point.

Sainte Ciel: Agape is neither rare nor extremely expensive. It is merely desirable because of one single pose and a lot of people are complaining because they can't justify spending that much gold on one pose or they think that just because that one pose is useful that it should be given to them for free. It's no different than any other item, but people have put it on this pedestal and glorify it not because of the item quality, but one single pose that does the same thing that hats and hoods do already.

Funnily enough, when it first came out I had it. And even though I saw how usable the scissors were, I still sold mine for 600k at finale because that was a better deal than keeping it, and I still think that today. Something that versatile shouldn't be locked away and not available for use by all, if it is so highly desirable and changed avatar making so much.

And correction: it's not extremely expensive to you; it's completely relative whether a user can or can not justify buying it. I can't justify shelling out enough for it, but that doesn't mean I don't find it desirable.

Also, the scissors remove the back layer of the hair unlike most other items-- no hood or hat required.
grumpy cat says :NO!

Friendly Cultist

Honestly, 2 million is really not bad considering the the scissors equip pretty much makes new items out of items...I had a friend who recently came back to Gaia and asked me what the first item she should quest and this was my answer. It's not awfully expensive considering what it does. I get angry over dolls because I can't bring myself to part with millions of gold for a single equip, but this...this is actually worth the price tag.
In my opinion, anyway.

I know it does sound like a lot to some people though. Hell, I've been on this site for 8 years and have only ever had as much as 2.5 million at once! So, I get that spending two million on an item feels kind of awful, but...I don't know. The item practically doubles hairstyle options. That's crazy.

Questionable Mage

What if Salon Durem could give a temporary "haircut" (for ~20-50k?) which would last until that particular hair/wig was unequipped? It wouldn't have the versatility of Agape, because you'd have to redo it every time you changed your hair, but it would be an alternative to paying the 2 mill, especially for people who don't want to change their hair often.

(edit: and I suppose for those who did this to gold shop hair, they'd need "extensions" to get the original length back? Or rebuy it.)

Dapper Kitten

14,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
Alchemy scissors o.o high-ish level... It would bring more users to alchemy and deflate the price of agape a little... Why has this not been done already? XD

Dangerous Rogue

I bought agape 2 days ago, only a second gen, but still.

I was about to throw a FIT.

But before I bought it I was holding out for another item with the same pose.

The agape scissors aren't something that 'everyone should have access to', but they also shouldn't be as expensive as they are.

I think a $10 GC item, or an item from a RIG would be better.

Even at $10 GC, it would be like 5-600K after a couple months. If they sold it forever, I doubt it would be above 350K on the MP.

Shadowy Seeker

15,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

That'd be great, especially since the scissors are the only thing I like about that ridiculously expensive item. The community would throw a s**t fit though. The community ALWAYS throws a s**t fit. *le sigh*

User Image

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,200 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Sell the scissors as a stand-alone for $10 in the cash shop. Never take them out. Problem solved.

This sounds okay.

edit: But now what's stopping Gaia from doing this with other poses from other items? If Gaia does this, then I'd like for them to tell us that they won't do this with any other pose. >.>
I think agape isn't popular just because of its scissors but also for its closed eyes that deflated chuchip.
Anyway, I think a pose ought to be unique to the item it was released in. As for making it readily accessible, I'd rather they go for rereleases of the whole item rather than just its pose. 3nodding

Magic Mage

Kiyoura
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Sell the scissors as a stand-alone for $10 in the cash shop. Never take them out. Problem solved.

This sounds okay.

edit: But now what's stopping Gaia from doing this with other poses from other items? If Gaia does this, then I'd like for them to tell us that they won't do this with any other pose. >.>

Why shouldn't they do it for any other pose? Although I doubt there's ever been another pose as stupid versatile as the agape scissors, or ever will be.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Sir Black Tea
Sweet Talk Tether
Sir Black Tea
Sweet Talk Tether
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

That is completely asinine. Why shouldn't it be exclusive to one item, especially when it's a plot point in the REI's story? It was available three times before, it isn't some rare RIG item. Your sense of entitlement over a single pose is astonishingly ridiculous. I could understand if we were talking about Lovely Lucie (putting it in a chance item a la Faust's Bottle was ******** stupid), but this is an item that anyone could buy from the Cash Shop for $5 or shell out at the least 300K back when it was still in the CS. Not everyone had the same ability to get this "shiny item," but with a little effort, anyone had a decent chance. It isn't elitist or rude to point out that many of you are complaining without having put any effort into getting an SC: Agape now, nor when it was in the CS for so long. This is like the ultimate "you snooze, you lose" situation.

I'm not here to have a huge e-peen of "I WAS THERE SO I GOT IT" and "HA HA YOU DON'T WORK HARD LOSER NOTHING FOR YOU." I'm here to make avatars. I truly think that an item so usable and versatile should be readily available to all.

It is elitist to feel this way: that because I don't devote enough time or money to this website, I am barred from having an opinion that something should be easily accessible.

The thing is that it WAS readily available to all, not once, not twice, but THREE times. It's terribly easy to make enough gold to get the item, even if you don't invest much time on Gaia. The item was $5, a rather low price for something so many seem to consider "so important" and "so usable and versatile." I never said you couldn't have your opinion on the matter, but you're not making a very good point.

Sainte Ciel: Agape is neither rare nor extremely expensive. It is merely desirable because of one single pose and a lot of people are complaining because they can't justify spending that much gold on one pose or they think that just because that one pose is useful that it should be given to them for free. It's no different than any other item, but people have put it on this pedestal and glorify it not because of the item quality, but one single pose that does the same thing that hats and hoods do already.

Funnily enough, when it first came out I had it. And even though I saw how usable the scissors were, I still sold mine for 600k at finale because that was a better deal than keeping it, and I still think that today. Something that versatile shouldn't be locked away and not available for use by all, if it is so highly desirable and changed avatar making so much.

And correction: it's not extremely expensive to you; it's completely relative whether a user can or can not justify buying it. I can't justify shelling out enough for it, but that doesn't mean I don't find it desirable.

Also, the scissors remove the back layer of the hair unlike most other items-- no hood or hat required.

Why does the word ENTITLEMENT come up so much in this thread, not one person here has said that they have to be able to get this item.

The objective of this thread was to talk about an item that has inflated because of a single pose that has no relation to the other poses of the item, and debate its introduction as a more readily available item.

This thread was not created so that there could be a huge flame war between those who have SC Agape, and those who don't.

I get it. The people who have SC don't want their expense to have been a waste, this is completely natural, but the fact that you are insulting people who simply want to share their opinions about an item is the thing that gets me.

Black Tea has kept his cool throughout this entire conversation, and you are trying to force a point that isn't substantial, do you really care that much about pixels that you are willing to make an a** out of yourself?

Sweet Talk Tether

Omnipresent Phantom

9,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Leizce
I think agape isn't popular just because of its scissors but also for its closed eyes that deflated chuchip.
Anyway, I think a pose ought to be unique to the item it was released in. As for making it readily accessible, I'd rather they go for rereleases of the whole item rather than just its pose. 3nodding

The thing is, the scissors pose really has no relation to the item's other poses whatsoever, it is an extremely versatile pose that can be applied to many other items.

Those of us who only want the Agape for the scissors feel that the same effect should be obtainable for less expense.
o.o
The scissors are related to the rest of the item though. They're from the part in the item's story where Ciel cuts her hair off.
Or do you mean a different kind of 'related'?

Tipsy Exhibitionist

13,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Erinnerung
What if Salon Durem could give a temporary "haircut" (for ~20-50k?) which would last until that particular hair/wig was unequipped? It wouldn't have the versatility of Agape, because you'd have to redo it every time you changed your hair, but it would be an alternative to paying the 2 mill, especially for people who don't want to change their hair often.

(edit: and I suppose for those who did this to gold shop hair, they'd need "extensions" to get the original length back? Or rebuy it.)

This seems like a reasonable idea to me. I know I'm not ever selling my Agape anyway, so honestly I don't care that much about any deflation that would happen one way or another. But temporary hair cuts could solve the "scissor" availability issue without making the item less desirable.

Obsessive Genius

10,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This will be a total wreck to the Gaia economy for a long time, plus a lot of rage, tears, tantrum... followed by a dip in users. This has already happened to zOMG, but zOMG have a tiny userbase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff