Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Hi-Potion
Kiyoura
sometimesalways
You know, it's kind of impressive that even with a re-release this item is still commanding a price of 2million.

It would be nice if that pose was available alone. It's the only reason I own it. It's not gonna happen though. I could possibly see another bundle with every Sainte Ciel item in it but that single pose? Nah.

I wonder if the artist who made the Ciels realized what they did when they added such a revolutionary pose to Agape. It basically double the number of wigs Sal can wear.

@ the bolded part. It is. .___. If that was the only pose available on an item, it'd probably be able to sell for a lot, too. In this case, the demand for the scissors trumps the supply. It'd be one of those gold shop items that everyone wants and if it were a gold shop item, everyone would buy it.
I feel bad for people (like myself) who actually LIKE Agapes armour poses and want more than one for an outfit xD
I Had more than one at multiple points but always sold them because the prices are tempting.

You know what... I kinda do, too. I'm kinda tempted to sell mine since I never use it for anything. (Although the entire item is gorgeous, not just the scissors pose.)

Anxious Garbage

Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?
100% Impossible since Agape doesnt actually cut hair, it hides a layer.
And there are other items which 'cut' the rear hair layer. Hats, for example, do this. It's plausible to make an item which does this without having to wear a hat.
Thats all Agape does. Cuts one layer. You cant cut more or less than the desired layer.
Yes, but a hat trims a layer a bit. Why not an item that trims like a hat does? It won't give the same effect the Agape does, but it will trim a bit.
I think a hat just layers over a layer?
Or it covers another layer. Agape targets what is the back-most layer of any hair, and hair items have quite a few layers.
I know what Agape does. I'm trying to say a hat can affect the same layer that agape does, it just trims it, not cut it fully out.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
And there are other items which 'cut' the rear hair layer. Hats, for example, do this. It's plausible to make an item which does this without having to wear a hat.
Thats all Agape does. Cuts one layer. You cant cut more or less than the desired layer.
Yes, but a hat trims a layer a bit. Why not an item that trims like a hat does? It won't give the same effect the Agape does, but it will trim a bit.
I think a hat just layers over a layer?
Or it covers another layer. Agape targets what is the back-most layer of any hair, and hair items have quite a few layers.
I know what Agape does. I'm trying to say a hat can affect the same layer that agape does, it just trims it, not cut it fully out.
Layers dont work that way.
A layer is a single, solid piece.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

That is completely asinine. Why shouldn't it be exclusive to one item, especially when it's a plot point in the REI's story? It was available three times before, it isn't some rare RIG item. Your sense of entitlement over a single pose is astonishingly ridiculous. I could understand if we were talking about Lovely Lucie (putting it in a chance item a la Faust's Bottle was ******** stupid), but this is an item that anyone could buy from the Cash Shop for $5 or shell out at the least 300K back when it was still in the CS. Not everyone had the same ability to get this "shiny item," but with a little effort, anyone had a decent chance. It isn't elitist or rude to point out that many of you are complaining without having put any effort into getting an SC: Agape now, nor when it was in the CS for so long. This is like the ultimate "you snooze, you lose" situation.

Tricky Cat

Sir Black Tea
Lapin Lequesne
Sir Black Tea
Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

Everyone is able/capable to make/earn gold.

If you can draw, you have the ability to sell art.
If you are friendly/pretty, you can sell signs.
If you have a computer, you can play ZOMG, HoC and Booty Grab
If you haven't any flash, you can post, bump, poll-whore, arena-whore and merchant for gold.

There are plenty of ways to earn gold-- if this item were released....3-4 years ago, it'd probably never cross the 500k line just because there weren't ways to make gold like we have now.

Just because it provides an OPTION to avatar customization doesn't mean everybody deserves "easy access" as people are trying to imply it deserves. It's an option, not a neccessity. Back-wings are an option. Old, expensive EIs are an option. SDPlus Dolls are an option (but they provide eyes/faceS!! option.)

Salon Durem supplies hairs.
Items in general supply hairs.
Agape is just an accessory/tool/add-on.

iPads/Phones dont come with all of the games for free- you buy them
Sometimes the apps are free- for a limited time. Don't make it in time? Pay up.

It's not elitist to say "this item is an item, and if you want it, you save up for it-- just like every other ******** item."
2 Mil isn't a lot compared to other items. Yes it's a lot to newbs.

My college education is a lot. Still needs to be paid for and earned.

Is it elitist to say that shouldnt be free to everyone as well? That your education should be paid for?

You are really going to compare a college education which costs thousands to an item on a website that you could get for $20? That alone shows how little grounding your argument has.

Yes, I have option to ******** pollwhore at 14g a click for as long as I'd like. At the same time, I don't have hours upon hours to waste doing just that. Plus, I legitimately don't think the item is worth two million, and would not pay that price.

And also? The salon supplies hair for under 20k at most. An item that is so accessible and usable shouldn't be that much. Trust me, it's not that I'm so stupid as to not know how to manipulate a market, it's just not worth doing.

The point is that YOU are capable, the point is that everyone is capable. Whether or not they want to, or have the time to (manage time evenly, its possible to work towards something.)

I wasnt even around when agape was released.
I didnt even have my original account when I restarted gaia, yet I somehow managed to get it.

Tricky Cat

IDS Wheatley
Hi-Potion
IDS Wheatley
I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?
100% Impossible since Agape doesnt actually cut hair, it hides a layer.

Those items layer a "forced transparency" over hair. THey don't remove a layer, but just say "these pixels need to not show up"

I see your point.
Just saying its not the same as agap in terms of how it works

Rare

Sweet Talk Tether
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

Putting a pose that was literally revolutionary to avatar making shouldn't be tied to a single item that is so popular it can't be deflated. Something that important should be available to everyone.

And to the people who will tell me I'm lazy: I don't use a lot of cream, I don't have time to make 2 mil, I don't want to shell out $20, and I don't even know how I'll use the scissors pose anyway. Telling me that I'm lazy for wanting something that should be available to everyone anyway is completely elitist and rude. Not everyone had the same ability as you to get this shiny item.

That is completely asinine. Why shouldn't it be exclusive to one item, especially when it's a plot point in the REI's story? It was available three times before, it isn't some rare RIG item. Your sense of entitlement over a single pose is astonishingly ridiculous. I could understand if we were talking about Lovely Lucie (putting it in a chance item a la Faust's Bottle was ******** stupid), but this is an item that anyone could buy from the Cash Shop for $5 or shell out at the least 300K back when it was still in the CS. Not everyone had the same ability to get this "shiny item," but with a little effort, anyone had a decent chance. It isn't elitist or rude to point out that many of you are complaining without having put any effort into getting an SC: Agape now, nor when it was in the CS for so long. This is like the ultimate "you snooze, you lose" situation.

I'm not here to have a huge e-peen of "I WAS THERE SO I GOT IT" and "HA HA YOU DON'T WORK HARD LOSER NOTHING FOR YOU." I'm here to make avatars. I truly think that an item so usable and versatile should be readily available to all.

It is elitist to feel this way: that because I don't devote enough time or money to this website, I am barred from having an opinion that something should be easily accessible.

Fluffy Treat

Might as well start a wish list for cheap one-posers. How about all the I Am poses of the rare RIG pets (as a set RIG of course), or maybe just the sparkles from Golden Laurels, or the Lusty sweat...

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

StrawberryZ0mbie
I don't think that just because a pose is popular or an item is expensive, this means Gaia is obligated to make the popular pose readily available for everyone. I don't really see why people feel so entitled to this. That isn't to say I'm against Gaia releasing a similar pose in another item down the line. But I don't think they need to pull this pose out of its item and shove it into the gold shops just to placate people unwilling to pay the MP price for Agape.

It's not a rare item and it's not really even ultra expensive, comparatively speaking; it's just really, really desired.

I wouldn't mind if another pair of scissors appeared in another item--or if there was any pose with a similar function that appeared in another item. But I honestly don't feel that this pose should become a commodity just because it's highly desired. That seems like a really odd precedent to set...
My issue (which due to personal taste than being a rational person probably) is I have to own this frilly as tits item just so I can have a haircut. :/ I don't see why they wouldn't release a cash item, mebbe like 25gc-299gc that could cut hair and hair only. Heck, add a pose to trim beards. I'd gladly sell my frilly Agape to get my hands on something like that.

Though I am happy that they have mostly stopped in putting a totally new style when combining with agape that has nothing to do with the ciel series. like the modus mermaid hair with a totally different style. It rustled my jimmies right there. emotion_donotwant

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Slick Southpaw
StrawberryZ0mbie
I don't think that just because a pose is popular or an item is expensive, this means Gaia is obligated to make the popular pose readily available for everyone. I don't really see why people feel so entitled to this. That isn't to say I'm against Gaia releasing a similar pose in another item down the line. But I don't think they need to pull this pose out of its item and shove it into the gold shops just to placate people unwilling to pay the MP price for Agape.

It's not a rare item and it's not really even ultra expensive, comparatively speaking; it's just really, really desired.

I wouldn't mind if another pair of scissors appeared in another item--or if there was any pose with a similar function that appeared in another item. But I honestly don't feel that this pose should become a commodity just because it's highly desired. That seems like a really odd precedent to set...
My issue (which due to personal taste than being a rational person probably) is I have to own this frilly as tits item just so I can have a haircut. :/ I don't see why they wouldn't release a cash item, mebbe like 25gc-299gc that could cut hair and hair only. Heck, add a pose to trim beards. I'd gladly sell my frilly Agape to get my hands on something like that.

Though I am happy that they have mostly stopped in putting a totally new style when combining with agape that has nothing to do with the ciel series. like the modus mermaid hair with a totally different style. It rustled my jimmies right there. emotion_donotwant

I was going to post earlier, in response to someone else--but ended up not doing it because I didn't have time. BUT. I was going to say that I feel they should release similar poses as parts of other REIs, with the inclusion of a masculine themed REI that has either a razor pose or shears pose that also modifies wigs.

The thing is that we get a lot of items that are "revolutionary" when they come out. Arm and leg mods fall into this category. Face mods, eye mods...they were all completely new and different and versatile when the first ones came out. The difference is that we've gotten a lot more since the first ones first showed up on the scene. We have tons of leg mods, several eye mods (not contacts, but things like the poses in Lucie or Masquerade, the layer over and change the look/shape of eyes and contacts). We're getting more and more arm mods now, too. So with that being said, there's no reason we can't start getting more hair mods too--another item with a version of the scissors, something similar for beards--scissors that trim sleeves.

There's no reason a specific mod has to be exclusive to one item. But I don't necessarily think they should create just a scissors item just because that pose is popular--there are lots of items that people want for a single pose so, in that regard, Agape is really no different. But we get lots of items that have essentially the same poses so I'm not opposed to the same concept (a wig/hair mod) showing up in other items.

Tricky Cat

StrawberryZ0mbie
Slick Southpaw
StrawberryZ0mbie

I was going to post earlier, in response to someone else--but ended up not doing it because I didn't have time. BUT. I was going to say that I feel they should release similar poses as parts of other REIs, with the inclusion of a masculine themed REI that has either a razor pose or shears pose that also modifies wigs.

The thing is that we get a lot of items that are "revolutionary" when they come out. Arm and leg mods fall into this category. Face mods, eye mods...they were all completely new and different and versatile when the first ones came out. The difference is that we've gotten a lot more since the first ones first showed up on the scene. We have tons of leg mods, several eye mods (not contacts, but things like the poses in Lucie or Masquerade, the layer over and change the look/shape of eyes and contacts). We're getting more and more arm mods now, too. So with that being said, there's no reason we can't start getting more hair mods too--another item with a version of the scissors, something similar for beards--scissors that trim sleeves.

There's no reason a specific mod has to be exclusive to one item. But I don't necessarily think they should create just a scissors item just because that pose is popular--there are lots of items that people want for a single pose so, in that regard, Agape is really no different. But we get lots of items that have essentially the same poses so I'm not opposed to the same concept (a wig/hair mod) showing up in other items.

Thing is, no two leg-mods are alike.
Different colors, poses, sizes.
Some are similar.
none are the same.

The most reasonable suggestion here is agape knock off parralleling lovely and luttle lucie

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Sir Black Tea
Sweet Talk Tether
Sir Black Tea
I agree.

I'm not here to have a huge e-peen of "I WAS THERE SO I GOT IT" and "HA HA YOU DON'T WORK HARD LOSER NOTHING FOR YOU." I'm here to make avatars. I truly think that an item so usable and versatile should be readily available to all.

It is elitist to feel this way: that because I don't devote enough time or money to this website, I am barred from having an opinion that something should be easily accessible.

The thing is that it WAS readily available to all, not once, not twice, but THREE times. It's terribly easy to make enough gold to get the item, even if you don't invest much time on Gaia. The item was $5, a rather low price for something so many seem to consider "so important" and "so usable and versatile." I never said you couldn't have your opinion on the matter, but you're not making a very good point.

Sainte Ciel: Agape is neither rare nor extremely expensive. It is merely desirable because of one single pose and a lot of people are complaining because they can't justify spending that much gold on one pose or they think that just because that one pose is useful that it should be given to them for free. It's no different than any other item, but people have put it on this pedestal and glorify it not because of the item quality, but one single pose that does the same thing that hats and hoods do already.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Lapin Lequesne
StrawberryZ0mbie
Slick Southpaw
StrawberryZ0mbie

Thing is, no two leg-mods are alike.
Different colors, poses, sizes.
Some are similar.
none are the same.

The most reasonable suggestion here is agape knock off parralleling lovely and luttle lucie

I'm aware of that. However, many are quite similar. And we have had face mods/contacts that bear a very strong, obviously intentional resemblance. Though I'm not going to sit here and deny that any hair/wig mods are going to be pretty much the same, with only slightly varying differences.

I don't think that is necessarily an argument against the hair mod scissors appearing in another item down the line, and similar concepts being used to alter beards, or remove mouths from eye mods, or removing sleeves and such from shirts. I suppose that, since they have already used Agape to reveal hidden hairstyles, like in Modus--there could also be a version of the item (maybe a hairbrush or something) that actually makes selected styles longer. I think there are options? And I don't think that the limited number of possibilities means that the pose should stay exclusive to Agape.

I don't, however, think it should be made into a single pose item or be put into the CS. I'm just saying I feel there are possibilities to reuse the pose and expand the concept. C=

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff