Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
The word "Entitlement" has been used (40) times in this thread.

Many users think that Gaia should create a pose that has the same effect as Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors.

I, personally, don't think that Gaia's less wealthy users should have to pay 2 Million or more for an item just for the single pose, which has a function that is so widely utilized.

For those of you who don't know, Sainte Ciel: Agape's scissors pose manipulates that furthest back layer of wigs and other hair items, creating the illusion that the hair was "cut".

This is the method that many people use to get rid of long ponytails from hairstyles, or other features of wigs that would mask another item that is equipped.

Thoughts?

Edit:

NOTE

This thread was NOT created so that Agape owners could wage a flame war against the users who are unwilling, unable, or otherwise cannot justify the purchase of Sainte Ciel: Agape.

This thread is for the discussion of the re-release of this pose, and others that are similar to it, in a form that is affordable to many Gaians.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
As mush as I'd love that, Gaia's never going to do it.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
*reserved*

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Slider546
Blaze the Fire Dragon

What reason do they have NOT to do it?
It would take fifteen minutes of coding, since the code for the item already exists, they would just have to incorporate it into Salon Durem.
Greed.

Why release it in the gold shop, when you can put it out in the cash shop and get a bunch of users to buy it with real money? There's also the fact that anyone who actually did buy Agape for the outrageous price it is would get mad at Gaia, and more rage would happen.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
im sure something will come out eventually... there is always an alternative

Magnetic Lunatic

They don't even have it on the recolor of the item, I doubt they'll put it in gold shops.

Probably they'll have a similar effect on something else eventually, but I think it'd be a cash shop item.

Anxious Garbage

I'd love if it wold happen, but perhaps it should trim a little less of the hair so Agape buyers and owners don't get so upset?

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Blaze the Fire Dragon
User Image
I don't feel like we'll get a cheaper version either.
Gaia creepishly loves its rare and super wanted items. rolleyes For no rational reason really.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

I feel doubtful that would ever happen.. at least in the gold shop stance. If Gaia were to reproduce a item similar to the agape scissors.. it would likely be another cash shop based item.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I don't think that just because a pose is popular or an item is expensive, this means Gaia is obligated to make the popular pose readily available for everyone. I don't really see why people feel so entitled to this. That isn't to say I'm against Gaia releasing a similar pose in another item down the line. But I don't think they need to pull this pose out of its item and shove it into the gold shops just to placate people unwilling to pay the MP price for Agape.

It's not a rare item and it's not really even ultra expensive, comparatively speaking; it's just really, really desired.

I wouldn't mind if another pair of scissors appeared in another item--or if there was any pose with a similar function that appeared in another item. But I honestly don't feel that this pose should become a commodity just because it's highly desired. That seems like a really odd precedent to set...

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
User Image

I'd like a goldshop version of the SD Plus Lady Alzbeta hair, the SD Plus Renard hair, that Unicorn hair or whatever it's called. While we're at it, I'd like alternate colors of the Chyaku Norisu scarf put in gold shops as well so I can have as many dramatic scarfs as I need.

The Naruto forum would also like gold shop ninja headbands with different insignias on the front. And there are a lot of people in AT that would like items like the Sandman items and Ringmaster items with gold shop options.

They're all very popular items and Gaia should do this because it's just not fair that the items not be available to everyone who doesn't want to pay 2M+ for them.

DO YOU SEE WHY THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA?

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Two million gold, really, is nothing. I WOULD suggest that it is going to climb, so if you want one, I'd consider it a 'priority' quest.

I don't know why people think they can demand items be given to them for free just because they don't want to work for them. They'd shoot their own real-world profits in the foot if they did that with every item, and for what? So entitled people on the Internet can have a pretty collaboration of pixels to play with, that they'll probably tire of in a week because let's face it, that's what we do with items.

I sometimes wonder if people feel insulted at the idea of working toward a goal. Does this work for them in other areas of life? Simply demand something they want, and they get it? Do they think that because it is a digital item that somehow that doesn't apply, and there's no 'value' attached to their demand?

'Benign', by the by, means favorable (or non-metastatic/cancerous, when referencing tumours). A better word would be 'malignant', however, I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea of inflation being a negative thing, and this coming from someone who just lost something in the region of eight million in item deflation in the last month alone. If there's no flux and wane of item prices, the entire economy stagnates, and I could go into greater depth on that but I'd be going spectacularly off-topic.

So, yes, tl:dr; terrible idea, won't happen.

holy s**t the tips I'm rollin' in it
I should buy a boat

Tricky Cat

Luboticus
Two million gold, really, is nothing. I WOULD suggest that it is going to climb, so if you want one, I'd consider it a 'priority' quest.

I don't know why people think they can demand items be given to them for free just because they don't want to work for them. They'd shoot their own real-world profits in the foot if they did that with every item, and for what? So entitled people on the Internet can have a pretty collaboration of pixels to play with, that they'll probably tire of in a week because let's face it, that's what we do with items.

I sometimes wonder if people feel insulted at the idea of working toward a goal. Does this work for them in other areas of life? Simply demand something they want, and they get it? Do they think that because it is a digital item that somehow that doesn't apply, and there's no 'value' attached to their demand?

'Benign', by the by, means favorable (or non-metastatic/cancerous, when referencing tumours). A better word would be 'malignant', however, I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea of inflation being a negative thing, and this coming from someone who just lost something in the region of eight million in item deflation in the last month alone. If there's no flux and wane of item prices, the entire economy stagnates, and I could go into greater depth on that but I'd be going spectacularly off-topic.

So, yes, tl:dr; terrible idea, won't happen.

I just about love every single one of your posts. for ******** sake. Why do you do this to me!? gonk

Seriously, if you do the math its easy to buy an agape.
1. CS -> Gold. Its 20 bucks when a new rig comes out for 2mil.
2. Booty Slappan. What's the cap? 150k or something. I can make 50k in an hour (or lol, get a minimum wage job, get 700k in an hour's worth of money) get an alt and thats 300k a day?
Thats less than 10 days of solid "work" (sliding your mouse left and right.)
3 Merchanting. Buy a bunch of items now while theyre deflating ( see: rosamunds revenge, masquerade) and sell them when theyre out of the cash shop.

Its
not
hard.

Play gaia, get "paid" for playing, then PLAY WITH THE ITEMS YOU JUST PLAYED FOR.

^@Thread, not you Lob.

Tricky Cat

Ghost Tamer
User Image

I'd like a goldshop version of the SD Plus Lady Alzbeta hair, the SD Plus Renard hair, that Unicorn hair or whatever it's called. While we're at it, I'd like alternate colors of the Chyaku Norisu scarf put in gold shops as well so I can have as many dramatic scarfs as I need.

The Naruto forum would also like gold shop ninja headbands with different insignias on the front. And there are a lot of people in AT that would like items like the Sandman items and Ringmaster items with gold shop options.

They're all very popular items and Gaia should do this because it's just not fair that the items not be available to everyone who doesn't want to pay 2M+ for them.

DO YOU SEE WHY THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA?

H-Hey your sig changed.

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

that is an awful idea.
firstly, it would be cheating agape owners out of something specifically from that item. i know a fair few people only bought it for that pose, so if there was a rip-off of it in the gold shops or the salon, then understandably it would be annoying and people would complain.
as for something similar, there are plenty of hats and things that chop the hair. it's not as ideal as the scissors, of course, but it's the closest you'll ever get without buying an agape yourself.

also, why would gaia make readily available for free a pose that they can make money off? it would be a silly thing to do, really.

2 million (less for the lower gens, even!) isn't actually that hard to get. i mean, okay i seldom have that much, but comparing it to things like the halo, or the minis, agape is positively cheap! (okay i get that that's a stupid comparison, so i'll say compare it with ceryntian's blessing or lovely lucie or somesuch item)

i don't understand this mindset of "oh well i don't want to work for this exclusive ability, hand it over gaia or i'll /rage everywhere" (okay not everyone's like that, but you would be surprised!). if you want it, you work for it. same as in real life. it's simple really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff