No 0.52314814814815 52.3% [ 113 ]
Both 0.069444444444444 6.9% [ 15 ]
FREE GOLD! 0.31018518518519 31.0% [ 67 ]
Total Votes:[ 216 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Stellar Succubus

CleoSombra
Existential Existence
It basically means you can pay for the CI now but you can't open it until the day of release.

I don't think people will rage. It just gives people who pay early a one-up (in the form of opening the CI hours earlier) on others.

add: side note Gaia is getting pretty cocky xp
I wonder if this might actually hurt sales, especially if the CI items that people win early are looking not-so-good

on the flip side it could also help sales, if people find out that they hate the CI but they've already bought an advanced bundle

who knows

Actually, I this might be meant to bolster sales. It might be that RIG sales have been falling in recent months because people see crappy items with crappy chances and decide to skip the RIG. Now there's an increased period of time of purchasing the RIGs before seeing what's inside.

I checked Screen King's graph - it had less than 1000 sales on the first day of its release. I remember older RIGs having close to or more than 1500. Arcana Break had more than 1500 on its first day.

Ahh great point, and good observation. I'd noticed the drop, but not actually checked the graphs for confirmation! It's a way of boosting sales without lowering the odds of winning big items.

Moonlight Ace

35,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
So essentially you're paying for a chance to have a chance at playing an RIG that there's a chance of you actually liking, then having a very slim chance at 1) winning anything worth selling and 2) being online at the right time to take advantage of getting into your item early. There is pretty much nothing about this concept that makes any sense.
I think its dumb, but people will eat it up.

For all we know the RIG is going to be a pile of crap and the box itself involves so much chance already, I don't get why anyone would want to add more chance to the equation but whatever.

Lucky Cat

It's not needed. :/
It seems a bit like trying to sell your chickens before they hatch.
Adding another layer of chance, doesn't make it great either, because you're gambling on the fact that the RIG is successful/wanted/high quality as well as trying to even get a good item.

I would LOL if the RIG that was released had half the items and was of poorer quality, yet everyone had already bought it.
Obviously, they're not that stupid, but still. XD

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
*clears throat*

ahem

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

That is all.

Shameless Enabler

I don't like it.

If it was going to be opened on a set day that was set in stone from now until the end of Gaia...Sure.
Thats the best part of MCs. The fact they are 1000% completely on time every month ever.

Popular Poster

This makes me think that's one of the reasons why they're hiring more artists, so they can put out RIGs quicker and on a confirmed schedule. :V

Heartwarming Galaxy

I don't really get it really... seems ... confusing.. or a waste of money I mean if its only good for the day when the RIG is suppose to come out.. the only real point of buying it is having that lolz I haz it fi$rtz User Image

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Y'know... I don't think I'm fully getting it. but that's okay, I'll probably have an "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH" moment as soon as it actually plays out.

But I guess this means that we'll be having new items revealed sometime soon, though... Which is always fine with me.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Hahahhaaah sucks for people who like to make RIG lists threads.
I say this because I like doing the art ones...

But I'm not going to be buying an Advance chance because it just sounds too silly. Why hours before? It's pretty useless in my opinion. But I'll probably be proven wrong.

Stellar Succubus

Sabin le Rose
I don't like it.

If it was going to be opened on a set day that was set in stone from now until the end of Gaia...Sure.
Thats the best part of MCs. The fact they are 1000% completely on time every month ever.

Yeah. Agreed! I'm not too sure about this dubious "hours in advance" concept. I'm sure though, that it will be great for others, and so I guess I'm not totally knocking it.

Though, if I'm not online 24 hours a day? (GOD FORBID! XD) I buy these advance chances not knowing when to come online... and I am asleep when they open... (It's likely, Australians are like vampires, we sleep during the us daytime XD) only to wake up and have missed my chance.

Ok, so it's no biggie, really. They're the same price, I don't really lose out at all.

I would just like to know when the set date is so I could benefit from seeing new items early too, I guess.

Shameless Seeker

Not a big fan of buying something that I don't know what it is personally.

I usually like rigs, but some have met my taste better than others, and I usually wait to see what is inside of them before I buy.

Think I will pass on advance sales, wait as always to see what the theme is.

Magical Sex Symbol

9,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
NOOOOOO!! gonk

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Raxa
Not a big fan of buying something that I don't know what it is personally.

I usually like rigs, but some have met my taste better than others, and I usually wait to see what is inside of them before I buy.

Think I will pass on advance sales, wait as always to see what the theme is.

I'm with you on it...I don't want to buy something that I'm unsure of what it is.

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

Astral Sage

44,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
So far the only advantage I could see for this Advances would be narrowing down the date of the next CI's release...

While adding the "Hit & Miss" nature of MCs' expectations that might hurt RIGs thanks to them having enough gamble factors as it was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff