Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Noob

I was just checking out a thread in the guilds forum section about an 18 and over guild thinking of joining, seems like an alright guild so far. But anyways, because of this I'm just curious, for those gaians like me who joined long before they were adults yet, you ever interested in what those adults only guilds and threads were like as a younger teen? Or did you perhaps pay them no mind? And once you finally reached 18 did you ever finally try out one of those guilds or threads? Was it what you imagined it to be or like any non age specific hangout you've gone to before? Or for any of you gaians not yet 18, you ever wonder what the adults only areas are like? I never paid much attention to them I don't think back before I was 18, my beginning years on gaia, but I do like to go to them on rare occasion and chat with people. This probably isn't much of an interesting GCD topic, I just figure its worth asking people in GCD about and something quite different from what the recent GCD topics have been(mostly halloween related). So, what are all of your thoughts on this? Please no flaming. If you have any problems with this topic, just don't post here.

Stardust Pr1nce's Husband

Shirtless Man-Lover

About always.

Sometimes I click through those threads,
and then I find trolls on most of the pages. lol

Never do I join guilds though.

Can I ask what item are your eyes?

Distinct Vampire

Well this is all new to me... haha

Fashionable Streaker

13,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
As far back as Vron can recall gaia was never really a "kids" place it seemed to be set up more for more mature people with all the double meaning items, dirty jokes, and older anime and movie references.

Rare

How can they get away with 18+ guilds tho? Is the content 18+, or just the users?

You'd think it'd get shut down if it were the former

Amateur Noob

monosomy
About always.

Sometimes I click through those threads,
and then I find trolls on most of the pages. lol

Never do I join guilds though.

Can I ask what item are your eyes?
Its the elpis sd doll. The hidden eye is kind of an out of place looking white eye but with the one eye covered, the purple eye is pretty nice in my opinion.

Amateur Noob

Sir Black Tea
How can they get away with 18+ guilds tho? Is the content 18+, or just the users?

I don't think any of it has mature content, just places for fellow adults to hang out without younger teenagers around I believe.

Amateur Noob

Darth Vron
As far back as Vron can recall gaia was never really a "kids" place it seemed to be set up more for more mature people with all the double meaning items, dirty jokes, and older anime and movie references.
Yeah, I'm not sure about back when I joined, didn't pay as much attention back then. But these days like in CB where I normally hang out or in the Art freebies section I run into more adults and older people than I do the younger ones. And you are right about the references, even a lot of gaia's items I'm not so sure exactly follow their own pg-13 rules XD

Rare

Certifiably Psychopathic
Sir Black Tea

I don't think any of it has mature content, just places for fellow adults to hang out without younger teenagers around I believe.

mhm

I don't see why it has to be strictly 18+

There are plenty of mature teenagers and there are plenty of immature adults

Unless you talk about something that only adults can really know about like... paying a mortgage or something
It doesn't bother me
I just know it's mostly people talking about big adult stuffs
and kid stuff is much cooler
3nodding

Amateur Noob

Sir Black Tea

I guess some people just feel the need to hangout there rather than places where people way younger than them hang around. Might be more something the much older 25+ gaians like to do. I mainly go check them out whenever I'm bored and wanna find somewhere else to hangout for a bit, or just looking for more places to post or hangout in.

Prince Payo

I miss being a kid :C For me its not so amazing being an adult, I miss my fun childhood. Had its issues but was a lot more carefree and much more fun XD
Certifiably Psychopathic

I miss being a kid :C For me its not so amazing being an adult, I miss my fun childhood. Had its issues but was a lot more carefree and much more fun XD

You are still a kid inside
your body just grows
like nails do
or beards
xd

Amateur Noob

Prince Payo
Certifiably Psychopathic

You are still a kid inside
your body just grows
like nails do
or beards
xd
Yeah but your life doesn't care if you're a kid inside you get stuck with adult responsibilities evil

Magic Hobo

I've never had much desire to join an 18+ guild. I don't see much point in them, overall. Rating maturity by age is such an arbitrary thing, anyway. I've got more common sense in my left eyeball than my mother's mid-sixties employer has in his entire body, as evidenced by him buying antiques until he was nearly bankrupt and expecting his terrible paintings to fill in the rest. And my 37-year-old brother is a heroin dealer who recently got a warrant for his arrest issued for not paying a dog leash law fine. I have NO respect for the idea that age and maturity have a positive correlation.

Amateur Noob

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I've never had much desire to join an 18+ guild. I don't see much point in them, overall. Rating maturity by age is such an arbitrary thing, anyway. I've got more common sense in my left eyeball than my mother's mid-sixties employer has in his entire body, as evidenced by him buying antiques until he was nearly bankrupt and expecting his terrible paintings to fill in the rest. And my 37-year-old brother is a heroin dealer who recently got a warrant for his arrest issued for not paying a dog leash law fine. I have NO respect for the idea that age and maturity have a positive correlation.
Makes plenty of sense, I mainly just check them out to find a new crowd of people to chat to on occasion when I'm bored.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff