Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hesitant Mystic

I remember when Towns first came out.
I used to explore random homes and take screenshots of me doing weird stuff in them... emotion_awesome

Now I rarely venture on there. :<

Lonely Shapeshifter

[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Haha... That's what I have been doing in Towns a few months ago. ninja

I actually find it easier to get trash and sell them in bundles instead I usually play the game of Booty Grab. @___@ I just.... stop going to Booty Grab since I kind of hate the tedious tasks of going getting 1-2k of gold per minute and also the fact about the Captcha. _-_

-~--~-

uh, captcha really annoys the hell out of me too... sweatdrop

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I used to frequent towns for bug hunting and chatting . However, as there aren’t many people there anymore I don’t go as frequently. In fact, I barely go into towns.

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
I was inspired by this thread to go back and visit Towns. I used to spend a lot of time running around in there when it first came out because of the monetary gains. Earning 1,000g for 100 pieces of papers was a fantastic return on profit in 2005. So while in Towns, I took some time to gather up bugs, trash and flowers. When I tried to save my items to my inventory I found that the stupid robot wouldn't let me do it. >.<;; I tried several more times, but no dice. Has anyone else experienced this? It worked just fine for me in past years. Personally, I think the robot is bitter about being imprisoned in that red backpack for seven years.

Shirtless Noob

AliceLoathesWonderland
I towns erry day for trash and sell it.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!
Kinda addict to town, i go there whenever it's close to the time where the old crumples are up.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I just like collecting stuff. I hope we can still collect trash and flowers in the new towns and hopefully there'd be more landmarks.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

darkloud
But the thing is, I just can't stop lingering there... whenever I finish cleaning an area, I tell myself: "immagine all the stuff you're leaving behind if you leave now...". And so I go on in there, for hours to no end.

Egah. You just described me to a T. emotion_0A0

I used to spend time chatting on profiles and posting in forums but now I'm in towns like a boss. And sometimes I... well, I hope you don't find this creepy, but I go to the Cosplay/Kuroshitsuji Town area and walk behind a tree to obscure myself. Basically I lurk there to watch people roleplay.

I'm going to go away now and be creepy on my own. emo

Shy Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
ugh Towns was the best ; ; it's such a nostalgic place for me
you made me go check it out again after like forever!

Cutie-Pie

User Image

I used to barge into random houses and find naked noobs cybering in it.
If I found a nice house with cool furniture, I would bring all my friends to it and we would party in it. I had no idea whose house it was.
Good times.

User Image

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Flora Carrow
I was inspired by this thread to go back and visit Towns. I used to spend a lot of time running around in there when it first came out because of the monetary gains. Earning 1,000g for 100 pieces of papers was a fantastic return on profit in 2005. So while in Towns, I took some time to gather up bugs, trash and flowers. When I tried to save my items to my inventory I found that the stupid robot wouldn't let me do it. >.<;; I tried several more times, but no dice. Has anyone else experienced this? It worked just fine for me in past years. Personally, I think the robot is bitter about being imprisoned in that red backpack for seven years.
You actually don't have to use the robot to save collected items anymore. They should be added into your inventory automatically.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Existential Existence
darkloud
Existential Existence
I only think it's worth collecting trash if you go during dawn/dusk biggrin Old crumpled newspapers pretty much carry the weight of value for virtual trash picking..

And do you know why it's worth so much more than any other items from Towns? Can it be used in some Alchemy formula or something?

Pretty much. They are used to make cache/cases.

I don't really get why they cost so much myself, since they are fairly easy to collect if you know how Towns' timing works. I think the people who buy them from the MP just don't know how to collect them or they don't have the time to.
I think they also might cost more if only because there are fewer twilight hours compared to day or night (4, compared to 10), so there's just naturally going to be relatively less supply.

Lonely Shapeshifter

And just to prove that Towns can be rewarding, I just bought myself a Modus Operandi (1 mil) with gold 100% out of trash, in less than a week mrgreen

Lonely Shapeshifter

BOMB4Y
darkloud
But the thing is, I just can't stop lingering there... whenever I finish cleaning an area, I tell myself: "immagine all the stuff you're leaving behind if you leave now...". And so I go on in there, for hours to no end.

Egah. You just described me to a T. emotion_0A0

I used to spend time chatting on profiles and posting in forums but now I'm in towns like a boss. And sometimes I... well, I hope you don't find this creepy, but I go to the Cosplay/Kuroshitsuji Town area and walk behind a tree to obscure myself. Basically I lurk there to watch people roleplay.

I'm going to go away now and be creepy on my own. emo

don't feel so ashamed, I like lurking and peeking on other people's conversations in towns too xp

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I go through periods of time when I'm in the Towns all the time. Towns is one of the features that drew me to Gaia.
When I first joined, I loved to just browse random houses & sit & watch people who were walking around.
That alone was so entertaining. I even met a few of the friends I have today in the Towns.

I'm really looking forward to Towns 2. I've wanted to see the revamp for such a long time now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff