Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Shapeshifter

I remember when Towns was first released years ago... I used to spend hours running through those "streets" collecting garbage, bugs and flowers.

But eventually I got tired of it all and never came back there... till now!

A couple of day's ago Ive discovered some of those items we collect in Towns can be quite valluable and went back to my days as a hoarder, gathering huge amounts of trash and selling them later for some gold.

But the thing is, I just can't stop lingering there... whenever I finish cleaning an area, I tell myself: "immagine all the stuff you're leaving behind if you leave now...". And so I go on in there, for hours to no end.

Does anyone else here goes to Towns frequently?
Why? Chatting? Collecting stuff? Enjoy the scenery?

Man-Hungry Bunny

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Town got boring for me after my old buddies left Gaia.
Not many people have anything interesting to talk about nowadays. =/
I wanted to collect more trash, but got to lazy.

Old Town is going to get taken down after the New Town is fully updated, if you didn't heard the old news.

Stone-cold Cat

13,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I towns erry day for trash and sell it.

Scholarly Storyteller

29,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I only think it's worth collecting trash if you go during dawn/dusk biggrin Old crumpled newspapers pretty much carry the weight of value for virtual trash picking..

Everything else you can buy/sell for a pittance of gold on the MP.

You might have that but-what-about-all-the-other-trash-out-there! thing going on in your mind, but I don't think it's worth the repetitive motion of clicking your mouse + eye strain (also, too much repetitive motion is bad for you...don't want to develop carpal tunnel or something!)...you should try weaning yourself from that compulsive mentality....it might not be healthy....

Dangerous Sex Symbol

13,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
This pretty much describes the whole internet and also why point and click games on facebook are so popular.

Also why RIG/CI's are so popular and hard not to play. The 'what if' factor is quite irresistible.

Proxy Man-Lover

12,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I frequent zOMG! a lot more then Towns. I am actually hardly ever in Towns nowadays. I do like it more than the other virtual worlds (Rallys, Hollywood), just because it just seems so cute and nostalgic. It helps me think of what Gaia was like in 2006ish, since I wasn't there around that time.

Witty Bookworm

9,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Timid 100
Do you ever wonder if there's
something wrong with us?
-xx

The only time I ever really used Towns was when some of my IRL friends were still on here and we would chat and mess around. Good times.

User Image

Ruthless Mage

15,950 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I was a beta tester for Towns. I spent hours wandering around it until I found a glitch to report. xd

I loved the idea of having houses... I just wish they were more popular or interactive. I upgraded mine when they first came out, and I probably would've bought one with multiple levels if it was an option.

And I loved caroling / trick or treating in Towns. It's way more fun than going to each Shop.

And bugs! I caught a Demonfly once. It was awesome.

I'd probably use it more if it didn't weird me out to talk to people in Towns. sweatdrop

Proxy Man-Lover

12,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Zero Tenshi
Old Town is going to get taken down after the New Town is fully updated, if you didn't heard the old news.
Wait, it is? eek

Lonely Shapeshifter

Existential Existence
I only think it's worth collecting trash if you go during dawn/dusk biggrin Old crumpled newspapers pretty much carry the weight of value for virtual trash picking..

And do you know why it's worth so much more than any other items from Towns? Can it be used in some Alchemy formula or something?

Scholarly Storyteller

29,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
darkloud
Existential Existence

And do you know why it's worth so much more than any other items from Towns? Can it be used in some Alchemy formula or something?

Pretty much. They are used to make cache/cases.

I don't really get why they cost so much myself, since they are fairly easy to collect if you know how Towns' timing works. I think the people who buy them from the MP just don't know how to collect them or they don't have the time to.

Omnipresent Flatterer

14,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Haha... That's what I have been doing in Towns a few months ago. ninja

I actually find it easier to get trash and sell them in bundles instead I usually play the game of Booty Grab. @___@ I just.... stop going to Booty Grab since I kind of hate the tedious tasks of going getting 1-2k of gold per minute and also the fact about the Captcha. _-_

-~--~-
        i usually avoid the towns, and stick to the forum people.
        but when i used to go there for events, i would see a lot more, intelligent, conversations
        than other places on gaia. (not saying those don't come with entertainment, it was just more enjoyable for me)

i must say though, i like the old version of towns much more so far than towns 2.

Gracious Seeker

I'm usually running around Towns randomly collecting things. Unfortunately, most of the titles I see on the boards are very immature and the conversations taking place probably break Gaia's rules. I avoid them like the plague.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff