Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been playing Gaia since 2006, lost that account. Made an account 2 years ago, played for one year and left the next, I had no internet access. That was up until 2 months ago. I began playing again and missed out on a lot in just a year.
I don't like the recent announcements.
I felt like I was getting nowhere making gold. I don't really like to 'buy' my way out. I will save for an item. But I only made 2 million in 2 months. Which only paid for 2 items on my wishlist. Coming back this far in was just to hard for me to get back into. I will pay for virtual stuff, no problem. Something about the way the site came out with it rubbed me the wrong way.
I enjoy the community and will check back every once in a while, however I will not actually play the site.

I've read this forum a lot throughout my 2 months of playing, but never posted. Just never had anything to say. I'm curious about the following...

Have you ever thought of quitting Gaia, if so why?
Are you planning on quitting anytime soon?
What makes you log into Gaia regularly?

You don't have to follow the line, share your own input.

Knight

OG Noob

I joined in 2005 and left in 2009. I came back last year and I have no plans on leaving ever again. smile

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I've never seriously considered it. I've been here pretty much steadily since I got interested in Gaia in 2006. (I actually joined in 2005, but didn't much care for it until the Zurg event).

Eh.

Sometimes I muse that quitting might be the better choice. But then where would I waste my time?

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Considering Gaia's current priorities, not spending any real money on the site would be the same as quitting, and I'm not spending anymore money. So no, even if I'm lurking and posting, I might as well be gone.

I left for about 3 years a while back though.

Tiny Inquisitor

I have never actually left gaia willingly. I started an account in 05 that I had until about 07, and was hacked.

Rebuilt myself up on a new account and though I do take several-month-hiatuses occasionally, I don't think I will really leave Gaia. I have also never really thought of leaving. Just sort of doing other things to change it up.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I went on a 4 year hiatus when I started college, I wanted to focus on schoolwork and make friends with my class whom I'd be seeing for the following years. I may quit again, because I'm obviously to poor for this site, I don't like to buy GC, and my gold is now worthless. If I leave I would like to level up all my zOMG rings to 12.0 first. During my 4 year hiatus, I would log in like once or twice a year, if that, just to look at the site, and see if any of my old friends still played. The only thing that makes me log in regularly currently, is I play z! everyday(nerf). Like I said though, once my rings are leveled up, and once I finally successfully complete BL, I may leave again.... sweatdrop

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The only way I would quit is if Gaia becomes pay to play, which hopefully will never happen.

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Probably will be banned sometime this year. The stupid reasons I'm being reported will be the reasons.

Hilarious Genius

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Timid 100
Gaia isn't the same anymore before they had forum, town, a few puzzle games, and fishing then they got those bachelor degree crap now its just crazy to much modernization this forum used to be GD now its GCD what the fudge!!!!! burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

Dedicated Hunter

33,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
Joined back in 2006 and left in 2009. I just came back in August. Will I leave permanently? Probably not. I'm having to much earning gold right now.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Flux
The only way I would quit is if Gaia becomes pay to play, which hopefully will never happen.

^ What she said.

I never considered quitting Gaia. If I came under heavy stress because of Gaia, I'd simply take a break or go into hiatus, enjoy something new and come back later. I did that back in 2009 and returned later between 2010-2011, being less active than I used to be in old days.
kaydiamond59
Gaia isn't the same anymore before they had forum, town, a few puzzle games, and fishing then they got those bachelor degree crap now its just crazy to much modernization this forum used to be GD now its GCD what the fudge!!!!! burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

The GD is still here. Maybe you weren't looking properly...

Hilarious Genius

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Timid 100
Fedion
kaydiamond59

send me the link because i don't see it i see chatterbox now
kaydiamond59
Fedion
kaydiamond59

send me the link because i don't see it i see chatterbox now

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gd/f.2/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas