Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
[Elske]-[XXIX]

There are obvious exceptions, like Hive Mind and Prayer Circle that do require a specific set-up, but getting the Firestarter, Megathread or Threadmaster without actively trying for it?
How awesome would that be?
emotion_dowant

I was really happy when they put out the newest round of 'regular' (not event) Achievements, as I earnt Inquisitor and Threadmaster from an active guide thread I had. emotion_kirakira Event giveaways are also a good way to get a bunch of posts in a thread. People are active during events and love free things (I know I love free things blaugh ).

I'm definitely an active hunter though. I don't quite have all the achievements, but I've tried my hardest to get all of the ones which I can achieve (I missed a few event ones). I even managed to get Conventioneer from a wonderful friend of mine who got a few extra convention codes, which I could never see myself getting as Gaia doesn't do cons in Australia (we'd love to see you there guys!). The only achievements which I could potentially earn (so not the event ones) are Winged Mastery (which I don't think I could achieve unless I did crafting for someone else), and the Emerald Ticket one. I don't think I'm crazy enough to kill my invo for either of those.... yet. ninja

Loyal Loiterer

Awww Applesauce
I used to care a lot. I had to get every achievement. But since I went on hiatus and then came back I've stopped caring. If I get an achievement, I get an achievement. I'm not gonna go out of my way to get one anymore.

I'm the same as you, I guess. I used to be real into Gaia and by extension- the achievements. I lost interest and left for a while, but now that I'm back I've been half-working on achievements. Super passively.

JohnKC8JZO's Wife

Sparkling Star

22,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I get the ones I can, but I don't worry too much about if I miss out on ones like for events & such.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mine is feline Conversationalist.
Suffice to say I don't think I'll evfur find a need to change it <3

Loyal Loiterer

Deoxtri

>>>:
I don't really care about achievements, I think it's fun when I get them
but I never really try to. Unless it's something really easy like saving
you avatar in all animal forms xD Titles are quite fun, though I have had
only two different ones since they came out, greedy grabber and sparkly spotter.
For some reason I feel those two describe me most lol

Sparkly Spotter is beautiful, lol. I love that one, like a little raccoon.

Loyal Loiterer

[Elske]-[XXIX]

`.Achievements feel more like... well... an achievement if I land one "the hard way."

There are obvious exceptions, like Hive Mind and Prayer Circle that do require a specific set-up, but getting the Firestarter, Megathread or Threadmaster without actively trying for it?
How awesome would that be?
emotion_dowant

Forcing it feels as if it goes against the spirit of rewarding an accomplishment, almost.

I feel you, but I'm usually too impatient to try and get them naturally! I grinded out the posts for megathread and such.

Aged Hoarder

I was super obsessed with getting all the achievements at one point, but then once I got the log in one, I stopped caring.

I like my current title, but giving how I've been slowly liquidating my old hoard items, it probably doesn't make much sense...

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I try to get as many, if not all of the achievement points I can. Just because I'm a whore for that kind of thing no matter what it is I'm doing. I have selected a title that matches my avatar theme and displayed 3 icons that I feel match as well.

I only wish I could mix and match what words come first or second...because I really need it to say Vampire Hunter, but that's not currently possible.

Tipsy Reindeer

I like the titles. I'm particularly fond of "Tipsy" and is usually a "Tipsy Reindeer". I changed it for the easter event, though I can't remember to what. This has actually made me want to change it again.

For the invisibility achievement, I had a pretty simple method. Make threads as fast as the posting system would allow, with the titles being just numbers (in my case I counted up to 15, with 15 threads in total I think) and nothing else. The CB'rs were pretty confused as to what it all meant, and at least one of the threads fell off the first page unnoticed (thread 5 I believe). 3nodding I did this on the first day too.

Was sad there was no easter titles this year...

Fluffy Trickster

I only get achievement for the title

sometimes I try to match the title with the avatar outfit
but due to limitation of title I have, they usually doesn't.

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I love my title! ^w^ I had to craft backwings to get it though >_>
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT

Familiar Citizen

11,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
I really don't notice the titles unless pointed out ^^ so I tend to forget about mine as well. I'm set to "Familiar Citizen", in the hope that when I come back from my occasional hiatuses, someone might see me and think "That name seems familiar.. from a long time ago..". I don't need fame, just the slight hope that someone might recognise me once in a while. heart

When it comes to the achievements themselves I'm very passive.. I will try once in a while to get a specific one, but I don't mind missing event ones at all. I find it more fun to get some randomly as you go about your daily business on the site ^^

Intergalactic Shoujo

19,665 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't really care about achievements but I love love love titles. It's fun reading everyone's titles and coming up with new ones!

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Throttle Kitty
I love my title! ^w^ I had to craft backwings to get it though >_>
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT
User Image
Now that is dedication. whee

Ice-Cold Victory

I love achievements solely for the titles!
I usually change my title to match my avatar if there's a good fit, but if not, my go-to title is "Sweet Strawberry" yum_strawberry

The only ones I actively try to get are the event-related ones. Waiting to see more of the battle system so I can finish those Halloween battle achievements! I feel so incomplete! The rest of my achievements kind of come as happy accidents, like Super Tipsy and Threadmaster. I guess there are a couple "easy" ones I should still try to get, like Nudist Colony...and I've still never tried for Invisibility sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff