Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Lunatic

Oh tektek, will you ever be honest with me?

One of my guilty pleasures is checking my account worth. It makes me happy to see my account monetized, like I've actually accomplished something (which we all know is a lie).
It never strays far from it's average, but it's still fun.
But every once in a while.... I get a weird number that is generally something like 20-50mil above what I expect.
Or in this case.....

The main culprit is weird artificial inflation. Currently it's The Red Nose Reindeer Mask. Coming in at over 2billion because someone is selling like five of them for 2.1bill gold - where Tektek gets it's data.
(I admit, sometimes when I see some halfway reasonable inflation of some silly item I don't think much of, I try to take advantage of it.
But it doesn't generally work.)

What sort of ridiculous inflation have you seen that you wish would take?
What unforgotten item do you have in your inventory that is listed on the MP for some ridiculous price, but it doesn't sell?
Why are some items so rare but so unsellable?
Are Red Nose Reindeer Masks actually rare? Do you have one?

Perfect Pumpkin

Tektek doesn't actually account for all my items that it says it will. And the ones it does, it makes up some number.

Tipsy Lunatic

J 4 C K
Tektek doesn't actually account for all my items that it says it will. And the ones it does, it makes up some number.

It doesn't account for things like game items. Like fish and etc. Which I find a little annoying.

Perfect Pumpkin

The Drunken Jester
J 4 C K

It doesn't account for things like game items. Like fish and etc. Which I find a little annoying.
I know. The items it says it calculates. It leaves out some.

Versatile Man-Lover

I have 2 or more of some items (Reve Rouilles and Compass of Seidhs) because it won't count them. I also Never get anything more than 3 mil which is obv wrong.

Tipsy Lunatic

Feymark

I have 2 or more of some items (Reve Rouilles and Compass of Seidhs) because it won't count them. I also Never get anything more than 3 mil which is obv wrong.

Really? That's kind of weird.
I have two Masquerades of the same generation and it counts both of them.

Perfect Pumpkin

The Drunken Jester
Feymark

Like I said. Sometimes it just doesn't count everything. Not including game, etc, or under 5,000 in cost. Things it should legitimately count, it just doesn't bother with.

Stellar Succubus

Owning all the homestuck mood bubbles really ******** with account worth.

Versatile Man-Lover

The Drunken Jester
Feymark

I honestly don't get it. I haven't done it in a while but still.

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
It says I'm worth 12,465,912 gold. I love to give stuff away, so if I never gave anything away, I'd probably be worth 5x that. Being worth only 12mill after 5 years is pathetic, haha.

I'm looking through the list and everything is priced correctly.

Considering the Red Nose Reindeer Mask is no longer obtainable, it's rare. If you look at the Average Buy Price, it's 309,370 which is actually the last price someone bought the item for.

Perfect Saint

These make me happy, yet empty.

User Image

User Image

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
I always laugh when I see something stupidly cheap on Gaia that says it's worth 2mil+ on tektek.
The wonders of people trying to AI things emotion_awesome

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
Account Worth: 7,581,039,814

Most of it's tied up into a handful of items. Tektek account worth has been inaccurate for as long as I could remember. Inflation has always been a problem. sad

Bookworm

I just did a worth check on tektek because of this thread. Worth: 62,341,540 ($1,558.54 at 100,000 gold per $2.50)

Top item: Pearl and Aquamarine Earrings 25,000,000

I'm like, "What?" xD

Oh you AI'ers. You make me giggle sometimes. Looks like Czar's banner might be AI'ed too, at 700k. There's a few others that are going rather high. Most are alright.

Slumbering Tengu

89,334,826 ($2,233.37 at 100,000 gold per $2.50)
[********]

Soul-bound rings use to ******** up my total worth
but it seems they've fixed that finally

also who the ******** AI'd Mimpi?!

also 80% of the items in that invo are less then 50k
true facts

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers