Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Victory

Nova0437
And then they ruined it with the "support = gives us a lot of money" connotation.

To be fair, that isn't really a connotation. You are literally supporting the site/staff if you buy GC.

In all honesty, I barely even registered the thank you. I clicked the announcement and saw an excuse to give a nice discount on cash. I'll probably buy some cash after I pick up my paycheck later today. Hopefully we won't get another 5 announcements in that time, which would just further sour people's moods.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
it says "GaiaCash Sale" with huge letters in the banner.
i didn't read anything further abt the said announcement,
so i didn't even know they were "thanking" people..?

why not thank people by giving them something for free,
that'd be the type of "thank you" i might believe they mean it, lol.

Mega Storyteller

14,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elysium's Hero 500
I'll be honest, I saw the banner, the bold "20%" and pretty much ignored the rest. I figured it was just saying the sales are back in some flowery way and left it at that.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Cyriistar
Nova0437
And then they ruined it with the "support = gives us a lot of money" connotation.

To be fair, that isn't really a connotation. You are literally supporting the site/staff if you buy GC.

In all honesty, I barely even registered the thank you. I clicked the announcement and saw an excuse to give a nice discount on cash. I'll probably buy some cash after I pick up my paycheck later today. Hopefully we won't get another 5 announcements in that time, which would just further sour people's moods.

I meant the discount for people who have previously bought GC part. It's the same as the sales targeted towards people who haven't spent money they had a little while ago.

The community part of Gaia doesn't really have anything to do with money. They probably should have just addressed the message to their actual target demographic.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
۞PALADIN۞

※※※※※※※※※※

Being "nice" in an announcement isn't going to convince me to spend money on this site. Not when all the free features are abandoned and removed entirely. Not when they're funneling money into another site while trying to milk the users on this one. Maybe listen to your customer base and maybe they'll decide to spend money here.

※※※※※※※※※※

۞✧✧✧✧✧۞

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
It is nice, and I went ahead and got $25 in case the bundles today are awesome or tomorrow but...

Thank you, here, buy more things is kinda...... I dunno.

Theres got to be dozens of pixelled side lined items they could have tossed in there as an actual thank you. Making freebie items doesnt really cost them anything in the long run, and even if there are "freebie" items in the Kickstarts we DO still have to pay for them, so.

Im just seeing Gold and GC pour into Gaia and a 20% getting more GC is a little flat of a thank you. At least a nice art card or a freebie would be an actual thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff