Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Genius

This is cool and all, but i've been buying gaia cash for years and this wasn't offered to me.
My only problem with this is it should be offered ONE TIME to all users. All users that have bought gaia cash.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Arowan
Sweet Angel Mary
Arowan
Sweet Angel Mary
youkoonna

As soon as I get the chance to do it, I'll let you know. smile

thanks, i hope this is an offer we can take advantage of for a while. I won't be able to buy cash right away and if it works with cards then i can add cash to my mules. My mules can always buy nice items.

It works. Tested it on an old mule and a new mule. Used my normal paypal account for both, and got the Teal Box no issue. *mutters about getting an awesome deal, but worried about economy*

we meant cash cards like the ultimate game cards

Ah, I was more curious to see if I could get away using an already-existing paypal account. I still get the 7-day item freeze though, but all-in-all not a bad deal.

Kind of regret splurging on Gaia cash for the first time in forever... been angry with them. Still angry with them. But the deal was too good to resist.

it's a tempting deal but then i'm going to a convention soon. i'm thinking about it.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

It should be a one time offer and the staff should be checking IPs to block mules on the same IP from receiving the Teal Box.

Invisible Giver

Kleopattra
I am offended by it.. I've been a loyal costumer in the Cash Shop and I keep getting worthless rewards, and a first-time buyer gets to have 500k? NO WAY! Not fair at all!

RIIIIIIIIGHHHT?! I call shenanigans, Gaia!

Greedy Drake

Dezzenotith
Kleopattra
I am offended by it.. I've been a loyal costumer in the Cash Shop and I keep getting worthless rewards, and a first-time buyer gets to have 500k? NO WAY! Not fair at all!

Hey according to devs you can use all your mules and get 5$ on ea of them and funnel the gold from the offer multiple times. Its k because its not funneling somehow according to them? I dont know how they consider using 50 accounts to do an xmas event funneling, but using 50 accounts for a one time offer isnt funneling. If they say it was sent to 50 mule accounts in ERROR then that would be abusing a glitch (since you know about it) but its k too?

Here
Here

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Hell, instead of making me wish to buy more, it's making me wish I never had at all. emotion_yatta

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Jinglybell
Dezzenotith
Kleopattra

Hey according to devs you can use all your mules and get 5$ on ea of them and funnel the gold from the offer multiple times. Its k because its not funneling somehow according to them? I dont know how they consider using 50 accounts to do an xmas event funneling, but using 50 accounts for a one time offer isnt funneling. If they say it was sent to 50 mule accounts in ERROR then that would be abusing a glitch (since you know about it) but its k too?

Here
Here

Because each mule has to spend 5$ real cash to avail of the offer.
And that's enough to excuse to go around the funneling rule. >>;
Because having that many mules means you have to spend big bucks
and as long as Gaia gets rl cash they dun care.

Time-traveling Senshi

Lapsis Stella
It should be a one time offer and the staff should be checking IPs to block mules on the same IP from receiving the Teal Box.

One problem though how do they know what's a mule and what's just another person in the same house on Gaia? And before you go saying that very rarely happens, I happen to be friends with a pair of sisters on Gaia. So if neither of them had bought any Cash before you're saying the moment one gets the first time bonus the other one should be denied the chance at getting the box as well? That's why Gaia says they'll never lock things according to IP address when it comes to bonus items and bans.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Chibi Halo
Lapsis Stella

One problem though how do they know what's a mule and what's just another person in the same house on Gaia? And before you go saying that very rarely happens, I happen to be friends with a pair of sisters on Gaia. So if neither of them had bought any Cash before you're saying the moment one gets the first time bonus the other one should be denied the chance at getting the box as well? That's why Gaia says they'll never lock things according to IP address when it comes to bonus items and bans.

Then maybe a limit should be put on it? Like maybe 3 claims from one IP?

Time-traveling Senshi

Yorugami
Jinglybell
Dezzenotith
Kleopattra

Here
Here

It's not the amount of Cash being purchased or the fact that it's Cash at all that's the reason why they're saying this. What they're saying is that if you earn gold through legitimate reasons, like selling off a bunch of trash and things you got through the DC and Giftboxes along with opening a bunch of pink links, on a mule account and let it accumulate to a good amount to help fund a quest and then move it to your main account that's not funneling. Getting the bonus on a mule when you went through the legal channels to buy your Cash for the first time on a mule is considered a legitimate reason for earning your gold and thus moving it to another account isn't funneling as they've been trying to explain all night.

I haven't seen Sisky once say "Oh since you're buying cash on a mule it's not doing anything illegal because we're making money off of you." She even asked people a few times why it's a bad thing to move the gold to another account if the gold was earned in a legitimate fashion. Now I'm not going to say this is the greatest idea Gaia had but I'm not going to say it's the worst and spells the end of the site and we better all jump ship right now either. It's just too soon to know what this will do.

Time-traveling Senshi

Lapsis Stella
Chibi Halo
Lapsis Stella

That might help things out some. It would still allow for someone to get the bonus on one or two mules and allow for roommates or family members the chance to do it as well if the accounts belong to two separate members. Whatever Gaia does now after the box has been out there might be seen as too little too late by a lot of people and we'll end up with another round of nasty feedback threads.

This month just isn't a good one for Gaia in the way of the feedback on their decisions lately.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Chibi Halo
Yorugami
Jinglybell
Dezzenotith
Kleopattra

Here
Here

It's not the amount of Cash being purchased or the fact that it's Cash at all that's the reason why they're saying this. What they're saying is that if you earn gold through legitimate reasons, like selling off a bunch of trash and things you got through the DC and Giftboxes along with opening a bunch of pink links, on a mule account and let it accumulate to a good amount to help fund a quest and then move it to your main account that's not funneling. Getting the bonus on a mule when you went through the legal channels to buy your Cash for the first time on a mule is considered a legitimate reason for earning your gold and thus moving it to another account isn't funneling as they've been trying to explain all night.

I haven't seen Sisky once say "Oh since you're buying cash on a mule it's not doing anything illegal because we're making money off of you." She even asked people a few times why it's a bad thing to move the gold to another account if the gold was earned in a legitimate fashion. Now I'm not going to say this is the greatest idea Gaia had but I'm not going to say it's the worst and spells the end of the site and we better all jump ship right now either. It's just too soon to know what this will do.

This is what I meant: (from a thread in sitefeedback)
It was Jak's and not Sisky's reply.

Jinglybell
Jak Bauer
Existential Existence
Jak Bauer
dreamsk
lol Yep. I knew a guy with 90 mules. That's, what, 45M!

Hi there,

Just to point out that 90 mules doing this is also $450! smile

While most people might want to look at this as out of control, making 10's of mules to abuse it, when it comes down to it, there's still the cash. When Club Verge came out there were some users who were complaining about $250 items as being something the average user wouldn't spend ever for pixel items.

Sure, you could have 50 mules but to do this, but that 50 mules would cost that $250 people just complained would never be used on pixels.

And, to be clear, I'm not making fun of your idea just saying that there would be a self-limiting factor to taking advantage of this, as Sisky pointed out earlier.

So it's okay to get around the cap of this offer being meant for first time cash buyers by letting people use mules to take advantage of each offer on each mule they have to funnel to their main as long as they give Gaia $5 each time, with no IP limits to ensure they are only redeeming it once.

You're basically saying that this case of funneling is okay because people are giving you $5 in return each time, so you don't believe it'll get out of hand. But even if it won't get out of hand, funneling is okay because Gaia has given it the green light.

Even though people are going to redeem this offer on each of the mules they have if they buy cash because of the way you distributed this offer and how tempting it is (double the return; the PM specifically says "double" ).

You do realize that what we see is Gaia pushing and breaking the boundaries of their own TOS about funneling because cash is involved.

Right?

Is Gaia seriously going to break their own rules about funneling just for some cash return? If it is Gaia needs to own up to it and say it how it is. This is exactly what you guys are doing. Be honest.

Hi there,

So as pointed out like here the message was sent out to alot of people

Next here Sisky points out that the rule about funneling was to curb nefarious uses (which includes getting around certain caps)

And this shows Sisky saying that if the offer was sent to you that you wouldn't get in trouble for using the offer.

So in this particular case, because of how it happened it wouldn't be considered abusing the rules.

So haven't we just come right out and said it as you asked? And not because of cash, but because we had a hiccup and are pointing out that one of the rules was misunderstood in its intent.

I think you think I meant people who had just bought cash on their mains (that had already bought cash before) just getting it which would be an error. No I mean people using their 50 mules and making a mint then funneling it. You might as well say funneling is ok as long as we make a dollar. I see no difference in this and say for example getting the xmas items on 50 different accounts just because you got sent an xmas ad on all of them? Also siskya also said legitimate gold, im taking that to mean if you are physically sitting there making it as in bootygrab after the new low 100k cap, it would be legitimate. Thats not botting or being malicious after all?

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Chibi Halo
Lapsis Stella
Chibi Halo
Lapsis Stella

That might help things out some. It would still allow for someone to get the bonus on one or two mules and allow for roommates or family members the chance to do it as well if the accounts belong to two separate members. Whatever Gaia does now after the box has been out there might be seen as too little too late by a lot of people and we'll end up with another round of nasty feedback threads.

This month just isn't a good one for Gaia in the way of the feedback on their decisions lately.

Yeah. I don't want to see inflation to happen again.

Yeah, SF has been hopping a lot here lately with threads. It seems that Gaia can't do anything right here lately. But we'll see how some of this pans out.

Magical Kitten

Well shucks, maybe I will buy some cash...

I have some itunes credit left over from a giftcard, can I use it in the gaia app on my phone and still get the box? I don't have the slightest idea how this works, seeing as I've never bought cash before. xp

Edit: Went ahead and did it because my battery was almost dead and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow. I did get the box, right away.

Greedy Drake

Chibi Halo
Yorugami
Jinglybell
Dezzenotith
Kleopattra

Here
Here

You cannot force pink links to happen. You can force this "bonus" also you arnt really supposed to do the dailies a bunch and funnel. I mean they might not care about 1 or 2 but 10+, its just like the free alchemy doohickey. I think they should limit this to 3 per IP or whatever although people would probably just change their IP, but still.. they should try.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff