Welcome to Gaia! ::

anyone in here bored and wanna chat im on aim.....plz im me
crying

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Charles The Small
Within the first 8 months of Gaia, there were 2000 people joining every week. How many of them had the easiest item to get at that time, probably a couple thousand.

Yes, but the Halos weren't easy to get. The donation system hadn't been implemented, and nobody knew that they were even going to get an item for donating. Regardless of how much was donated (I think?) donators got a Halo.

So people who now donate for the items wouldn't have done. I don't think people got more than one Halo each, and not many people would have donated without the incentive of rewards...

There aren't as many Halos as you might think.

Mind-boggling Mage

en0chthevampire
hallloooo.pplz.....im new ....any idea how to get lotso cash or gold really quick yes no maybe so
stare

How about you work for it, like everyone else?
http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/gaia_mediacard.jpg

Internets fastest growing community.

Imagine how many had halos, thousands at least. Thousands of people were probably donating, ergo thousands of Halos were given out. Now what is a couple hundred or thousand left, because at that time, the Halo wasn't worth much.

Ice Heart's Queen

The thing about June, July, Augest, and September donations 2k3 (I think they changed it in October or November not sure which sweatdrop ) a user could only donate for two letters MAX per account. It didnt matter how much over $5 you donated you could not receive more then 2 letters per account.

That also severally limited the amount first passed out for users.

7,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Charles The Small

Imagine how many had halos, thousands at least. Thousands of people were probably donating, ergo thousands of Halos were given out. Now what is a couple hundred or thousand left, because at that time, the Halo wasn't worth much.
As I said before, not that many people cared enough about Gaia to donate. Its not like they knew they would get a gift.
Teh Lulu
Charles The Small

As I said before, not that many people cared enough about Gaia to donate. Its not like they knew they would get a gift.
The fact that they didn't know doesn't mean anything. People donate to site because they like them, but Gaia isn't like that any more, it's users seem to be item hungry. I'll try to contact a Mod and find out if there were alot of donations.

7,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Charles The Small
The fact that they didn't know doesn't mean anything. People donate to site because they like them, but Gaia isn't like that any more, it's users seem to be item hungry. I'll try to contact a Mod and find out if there were alot of donations.
Although thousands of users were joining, not that many of them were active, or old enough to donate.

Mind-boggling Mage

Teh Lulu
Charles The Small

I concur, think about it this way. say the gaia populace at that time were 1/10 of what it currently is, say... 75 000. Nobody knew they would get anything in return for donating, so most people probably just donated to brag to their friends about it. Now, today how many would donate if there were no items given in return? ever thougt of that?, probably even less, not more, since the topic would have been dragged out to its extreme. Just a thougt, people are not so generous as they claim. Nothing is free in the world, irl OR at Gaia.
Then there's the people who were banned, or had their inventories wiped, and poof, there goes one less item in existence. :3

I would say the number of halos is definately less than 100. Personally, I'd say less than 50 even. *shrug* at least active Halo users- probably range somewhere in the 20-40s. A seller is even rarer. It's a nice Gaian symbol though. XD;
Teh Lulu
Charles The Small
Although thousands of users were joining, not that many of them were active, or old enough to donate.

(Alright, who broke the quoting?)

Me, I donate. Not because I get items, but because it helps (even a little bit) to keep the site up and running.

Ice Heart's Queen

@Nyome
I always thought a consistant symbol of Gaia is the mini angel wings. Because the lil wing poof (as I call it) is seen everywhere, the first page of our profile's with all the links and it used to be in one of the forum headers. I always thought that was more of symbol.
Dorg >> xd well, yeah. the angel wings are everywhere. whee I meant symbol as just.. *shrug* symbol of a "devoted" member of Gaia, a major oldbie, etc. I guess it came out weird. :3

Ice Heart's Queen

Well the Halo is a symbol if you were the origional donater. But I think a lot of Halos were bought by other users so they arent the origional owner. The origional donaters of Gaia do have something to brag about for actually caring for Gaia to donate w/o a known reward heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff