Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok this is a community issue and as such I am asking it here. Will Gaia still have Donation Items in Beta? I mean I remember things aren't going to change much as what was said and things would unlikley be new after the beta launch. Will donation items still be released in beta or will they start over again with the halo and work back down?
yes, there will still be donation items as gaia will still need donations in order to run. there will still be new things, the site would get boring otherwise, but beta is when the features of gaia are finished. battle system and games and such. and there will never ever ever eeeever ever ever be a rerelease of a donation item.
Discostar
yes, there will still be donation items as gaia will still need donations in order to run. there will still be new things, the site would get boring otherwise, but beta is when the features of gaia are finished. battle system and games and such. and there will never ever ever eeeever ever ever be a rerelease of a donation item.

somewhere i remember they said they wouldn't clear the inventorys but they may start over. I am unure maybe someone can clear this confusion. I have a photographic memory but this was quite some time ago. xp
start over with the halos. i think this would annoy people and i seem to remeber they said they would never rerealse any donation item or early event item. if they did it would mess up the econmy.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm sure the donation items will continue; just because Gaia goes Beta won't mean that it doesn't need money to keep running anymore, and the items encourage people to donate. The administrators will still need to pay for bandwidth and buy servers etc; going Beta will just mean that the site is more 'finished'.

They won't start over with the Halo, as donation items will never be rereleased. Even when Gaia goes Beta, I personally believe that there will be plenty of item updates, just not any new features and the like.
The Mighty Sushi Database
start over with the halos. i think this would annoy people and i seem to remeber they said they would never rerealse any donation item or early event item. if they did it would mess up the econmy.

They rereleased the g pin but that was shortly killed.
Labtech CJ

yes but i think thats because it was originally realesed at a user ball. also it wasn't worth that much and when i said early i meant like 2003 event items x3.
Labtech CJ

somewhere i remember they said they wouldn't clear the inventorys but they may start over. I am unure maybe someone can clear this confusion. I have a photographic memory but this was quite some time ago. xp

huh? Clear the inventories? Start over? WTF? I think gaia would be in HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE trouble if they got rid of people's accounts and/or items when they went into Beta. That's so bad, it scares me just thinking about it sweatdrop
CorinneAnidemi
Labtech CJ

huh? Clear the inventories? Start over? WTF? I think gaia would be in HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE trouble if they got rid of people's accounts and/or items when they went into Beta. That's so bad, it scares me just thinking about it sweatdrop

they said they wouldn't expunge inventories but ... i don't remember it all now. It was in an admins journal somewhere, I just have to find it again.
CorinneAnidemi
Labtech CJ

problems may occur and everything gets deleted
Labtech CJ

The G Pin is an event item, and it had to do with the plot of the Gaian story; it's not a Donation Item, which the Admin said they would never re-release, ever.
CorinneAnidemi
Labtech CJ

i've worked so hard for this look! and my alter ego account's! and a lot of people have the most powerful items of all gaia and would loose them. ouch.
Well not how true this is anymore or if it was every true but I did hear rumour of a purple giftbox that could be obtained later when gaia goes beta. In the box it would contain anything from peseant(sp) boots to a halo. The thing was to get it would be a reward after putting in much time into a quest on the site. not like raising gold but as doing something on the site either collecting things or battling not sure totally since they don't let much out and I don't really go looking for it. The chances of getting a halo would be few and far between though as I think it said items would be given a certain percentage of a chance. If anyone has heard differently feel free to correct me.

7,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Milrtime59
Well not how true this is anymore or if it was every true but I did hear rumour of a purple giftbox that could be obtained later when gaia goes beta. In the box it would contain anything from peseant(sp) boots to a halo. The thing was to get it would be a reward after putting in much time into a quest on the site. not like raising gold but as doing something on the site either collecting things or battling not sure totally since they don't let much out and I don't really go looking for it. The chances of getting a halo would be few and far between though as I think it said items would be given a certain percentage of a chance. If anyone has heard differently feel free to correct me.

Oh! I heard about quests and purple boxes! I don't remember the two being connected, though...But yeah, purple boxes are supposed to come out, and they will have anything in them, and there will also be questing. I'm not quite sure how that will work, though.

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I wonder if in the finished stage Gaia will stop donation items and have people actually pay to 'play'.

Of course that's way in the distant future if it could ever happen. Gaia continues to develop and become an unique site of it's own with it's basis in community.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff