Welcome to Gaia! ::

TriskDaemon
Sirail
TriskDaemon
Sirail
Ariel Palaz
Could the laser theory account for the lack of blood? I know that they can cauterize wounds really fast! ((No wonder they are a favorite in children's shows!))
*nods* They also, unfortunately, can't conveniently ricochet off of a pocketwatch. If Trisk is right (and it seems he always is), I'm afraid poor Gamby's a goner.
It's worth noting that the laser could hit the watch and refract off of it, due to the shininess of the watch. The pocket the watch was in would be nuked, so the watch would fall and shatter on the ground. Then Gambino falls off, and the watch gets dragged off with him through some mechanism-of-which-there-are-several.
If the laser is powerful enough to reach from Durem to Gambino, is it really going to be refracted by a half-centimeter of gold?
Kinda. Enough that, although it would still pack a huge punch and make Gambino highly unhappy, it wouldn't burn a gaping crater in him.
*points to her above edit* I think Gambino's going to be plenty unhappy anyway, given that, you know, he's fallen off a giant tower.
dead cell plus
TriskDaemon
dead cell plus
well one problem with the rilfe is also that at about two miles a sniper would also have to compinaste for the curvature of the earth...meaning he would have to aim diffrently...

however with the lazer you would still ahve a noise effect for the lazer, because the air which is being directly hit by the lazer would be super heated and move, sound is nothing more then the motion of air, so there for it would logicaly create noise....(on a lower powerd lazer these noises would be so quiet that unless you where trying to detect them you would be unable to....) also the lazer would still have to be very powerfull....
The noise created by the laser as it passes through the air is NOTHING compared to the noise it makes when it hits.

@Mizure: Thanks!
i agree, but im saying that a lazer which is powerful enof to fire over a distance of 2 miles and create an effect of a body, would still create noise....
Oh, I know. I never disputed that. I just dismissed it as trivial, because the noise from the passage of the laser would come at the same moment, in all practical frames of reference, as the actual impact.

Tipsy Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I seen in many games that have rocket powered guns that can reach an amazing distances... So it could of been that type of gun ((since we don't know the type of technology they got)) or you could be right about your laser idea.
TriskDaemon
Sirail
TriskDaemon
Sirail
Ariel Palaz
Could the laser theory account for the lack of blood? I know that they can cauterize wounds really fast! ((No wonder they are a favorite in children's shows!))
*nods* They also, unfortunately, can't conveniently ricochet off of a pocketwatch. If Trisk is right (and it seems he always is), I'm afraid poor Gamby's a goner.
It's worth noting that the laser could hit the watch and refract off of it, due to the shininess of the watch. The pocket the watch was in would be nuked, so the watch would fall and shatter on the ground. Then Gambino falls off, and the watch gets dragged off with him through some mechanism-of-which-there-are-several.
If the laser is powerful enough to reach from Durem to Gambino, is it really going to be refracted by a half-centimeter of gold?
Kinda. Enough that, although it would still pack a huge punch and make Gambino highly unhappy, it wouldn't burn a gaping crater in him.
id think it would melt the gold....probly melting it into his skin....which would hurt like hell, however if he got proper medical attation, he would mostlikely surive...
Holy Oleander
I seen in many games that have rocket powered guns that can reach an amazing distances... So it could of been that type of gun ((since we don't know the type of technology they got)) or you could be right about your laser idea.
like ramjet in rifts?
Good theory, just one flaw in the support. A bullet from a sniper rifle will not knock someone over, or even push them around more than an inch or two. It just doesn't have the mass.
dead cell plus
TriskDaemon
Sirail
TriskDaemon
Sirail
Ariel Palaz
id think it would melt the gold....probly melting it into his skin....which would hurt like hell, however if he got proper medical attation, he would mostlikely surive...
Gold has some fairly good reflective properties, though, if I'm not mistaken - hence its use in old electron microscopes and such.

EDIT: Force, Gathest. If it's travelling fast enough to get all the way from Durem, it's going to have more than enough force to knock a startled Gambino over.
Holy Oleander
Occam's Razor. Which is more likely? A laser requires lower technology and is the ideal sniper weapon. A rocket powered gun is James Bond Mechwarrior 500043402+ s**t. We don't need to assume TOO high of a tech level.
But his back was towards the Sniper so to be reflected off his watch, it would have had to gone through him.

or I can just be Horribly Wrong.
Gathest
Good theory, just one flaw in the support. A bullet from a sniper rifle will not knock someone over, or even push them around more than an inch or two. It just doesn't have the mass.
He was leaning forward, so it wouldn't require much... But even so, that's probably true. Meh. Not a major support point anyway.
Sirail
dead cell plus
TriskDaemon
Sirail
TriskDaemon
Sirail
Ariel Palaz
Gold has some fairly good reflective properties, though, if I'm not mistaken - hence its use in old electron microscopes and such.
ya it is, however it depends on which frequency the lazer was on...because i think gold reflicts uhf...but i dont rmemeber....

however, even such, it would still become hot....

also gold is used in electrionic products because its a good conductor of electrons....but thats diffrent...lol

Tipsy Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
TriskDaemon
Occam's Razor. Which is more likely? A laser requires lower technology and is the ideal sniper weapon. A rocket powered gun is James Bond Mechwarrior 500043402+ s**t. We don't need to assume TOO high of a tech level.

Well if they can build a robot bunny then I think they can build something that advanced.
Absolute Shadows
But his back was towards the Sniper so to be reflected off his watch, it would have had to gone through him.

or I can just be Horribly Wrong.
Why does his back have to be towards the sniper? He was facing south the whole time when he was being crazy, and when he turned around to see Gino, his LEFT side, the one with the watch, was facing Durem. Therefore, hitting him in the watch is entirely plausible.
TriskDaemon
Gathest
He was leaning forward, so it wouldn't require much... But even so, that's probably true. Meh. Not a major support point anyway.
force = mass * acceleration... a bullet which has a mass of lets say a gram going at the speed of sound, will still have alot of force.....
TriskDaemon
Gathest

Just wanted to make it as solid as possible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff