Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200
It would be cool if it were in Halloweentown, partly because we'd actually have something to visit there, now that we have the new map. I'm just gonna say it's Halloweentown. 3nodding

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Fractale
Meushi
My logic from what is based around the shop not to mention the shop itself, it's in halloweentown. Sure could I be wrong. But halloweentown is the only play that has windmill beside Barton. Clearly that is not Barton. Therefore...HALLOWEENTOWN!! *crossed eye and drooling*
sounds like good logic to me. I wonder why Moira says "welcome to the neighborhood", then, if it actually is in Halloweentown; and not in Durem (or Barton).

You know, I've been thinking about this a lot and I have an idea: What if Moira's "welcome to the neighborhood" phrase was referring to Stein being part of the Gold Shops versus that of only the forums? I mean, before CrosStitch, Stein existed solely in SF (and Gaia HQ, if we take his journal into account), so for him to break free of the forums and open up a shop, well, would, possibly, explain why she said that cat_rolleyes

I mean, its not the most sound explanation yet, but that is the direction my thoughts have been going cat_3nodding

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
If there was a Halloween Town I bet in City Vs City events they'd win hands down.

9,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

I am quite delighted.
Now the GM can expand more...

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
I think that the idea of CrosStich being located in Halloweentown is highly plausable. cat_3nodding

I thought it was in Durem at first, but now I can see it much more clearly. Maybe now, we could expect a much more highly anticipated makeover of the World Map of Gaia to happen. That, my friends would be impressive. cat_cool

But here's a totally new question (sort of off-topic, I know)...
If there's a Halloweentown in Gaia, where would Christmastown (or the North Pole of Gaia) be on this map? cat_neutral

Distinct Explorer

meep12345
Fractale
Meushi
My logic from what is based around the shop not to mention the shop itself, it's in halloweentown. Sure could I be wrong. But halloweentown is the only play that has windmill beside Barton. Clearly that is not Barton. Therefore...HALLOWEENTOWN!! *crossed eye and drooling*
sounds like good logic to me. I wonder why Moira says "welcome to the neighborhood", then, if it actually is in Halloweentown; and not in Durem (or Barton).

You know, I've been thinking about this a lot and I have an idea: What if Moira's "welcome to the neighborhood" phrase was referring to Stein being part of the Gold Shops versus that of only the forums? I mean, before CrosStitch, Stein existed solely in SF (and Gaia HQ, if we take his journal into account), so for him to break free of the forums and open up a shop, well, would, possibly, explain why she said that cat_rolleyes

I mean, its not the most sound explanation yet, but that is the direction my thoughts have been going cat_3nodding
That would make sense, I supose. It's a better theory than mine; of how Moira and other Durem-ites might consider their neighborhood to extend into Halloweentown.

Distinct Explorer

Catkid_neo
I think that the idea of CrosStich being located in Halloweentown is highly plausable. cat_3nodding

I thought it was in Durem at first, but now I can see it much more clearly. Maybe now, we could expect a much more highly anticipated makeover of the World Map of Gaia to happen. That, my friends would be impressive. cat_cool

But here's a totally new question (sort of off-topic, I know)...
If there's a Halloweentown in Gaia, where would Christmastown (or the North Pole of Gaia) be on this map? cat_neutral
It is, isn't it?
A makeover to the map would blow my mind; you just have no idea! It's long overdue, and frnkly I'd enjoy Gaia "fixing" the map over them needlessly "fixing" the site layout, repeatedly, and other trivial things

That;s not at all offtopic. It falls under a map update, after all. Ad to answer your question; yes. I stongly believe that Christmas town/ village/ ect. exists. there's a snowy area seen in the manga that shows Santa's house, so I'm sure that's where it is. Though I have to wonder if the other holidays have their own towns or cities. I'm left to wonder if an Easterland or Easterville; or Leprechaun land/ clover town/ville/ city (?) (for Odanodan) exist. EB's seen living in a crappy run down apartment building called Shitty Acres, so unless that's located in Easterland or whatever, I don't know.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
No... Look at Crosstitch's background. It looks more like Durem.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Fractale
It was obvious that Ian was running his silly little costume shop in Barton long before Halloweentown's release, so he was already stealing Jack's thunder. Damn vampire halfbreed.
Just a quick note...this actually isn't true. Back in 2007, Ian's store Barton Boutique was not a costume shop. It only became one in Spring 2009 after the Save our Shops event.
And as for Ian moving, I highly doubt it. He's too much a part of Barton's atmosphere. Heck, I'm pretty sure the town's logo is based on the feather Ian wears in his hat.

Spooky Bum

20,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

I speculated halloween town and a possible map update as soon as I first saw Crosstitch. I don't think that the windmills are extremely similar is mere coincidence and I think the fact that a few of us have come up with this theory points to how obvious that windmill reference is. Plus it's Stein. Where else would he go than halloween town? All the regular town shop owners are ordinary(ish) humans, but he's made of corpse bits.

Sparkling Supporter

Just look at the architecture of the new shop. That roof highly resembles the ones all over Halloweentown, and looks like it belongs there, not so much in Durem. Also Moira visited Stein because there are no other shop owners in Halloweentown. As the representative for Durem, which is the closest town to Halloweentown, she felt obliged to go.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Fractale
meep12345
Fractale
Meushi

That would make sense, I supose. It's a better theory than mine; of how Moira and other Durem-ites might consider their neighborhood to extend into Halloweentown.
User Image

Well, given that we don't know much about Halloweentown (or how certain events would have effected it, like the SIN vs. BOO, etc), it would be fair to say that there might be a closeness between Durem and Halloweentown than we would normally find with most of the towns, especially given how close in proximity they're together and with how I'm pretty sure they share the cemetery too... But... Probably not for the same reasons either cat_rolleyes

Professional Novice

User Image
Clearly, CrosStitch is out in limbo somewhere because the artists didn't bother to reference any of the other shop or map artwork. So the new shop is wherever the staff decides to put it; so far they haven't clearly located it anywhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff